[2.3] Necromancer: Aurabot Support Build [HC / SC]

The last 4 leagues I was only playing support builds. Last league I was playing a guardian and I wasn't really that impressed about the capability of this support ascendancy class. Now I want to share my build which I really enjoy currently in HC. And yes it's one of the "I only curse and run around" builds.

Pro / Cons:
Spoiler

+More buttons to press than ever!
+Very high damage support for the whole party
+Dual Curse

-Physical spells are your worst nightmare
-Physical attacks are also pretty bad (If they hit)
-Multiplayer intended build only

Why Necromancer and not Guardian?

Spoiler

The Ascendancy tree for guardian seems to be a very strong supporter at first glance, it gives Armor, ES, Phys reduction, HP reg, Aura effectiveness and even charge sharing.

While this seems to be very good their actual value isn't that high as it seems.

e.g.

Let's think of a guardian with 5000 HP and 2000 Mana. He runs 8 auras and has 100% of his mana reserved and ~33% of his life.

Overall the stats would look like this
+2720 Armor (5000 * 0,66 * 1,6)
+300 ES flat (2000 * 1 * 0,15)

+1,6% Life Reg / sec
+8% Phys Reduction

+Share Charges

Overall the stats look pretty solid. Also 10% aura effectiveness would be ~5,6% stronger auras than a Necromancer. So why Necro?

Let's take a look at the same stats for a necro running 8 auras and 5k HP:
-80% damage
-40% AS/CS
-20% Elemental resistances

-20% Chaos Resistance

-30% Skill Effect Duration
-Offerings can target the user!
(Spirit Offering -> 18% of HP into 900 flat ES and heals ES)
(Bone Offering -> Block / Spellblock / Heal on Block) <-- My favourite
(Flesh Offering -> Movement speed and AS/CS for Whirling Blades, if you want it)

While the guardian gives more defensive stats, which are very dependet on the party members you play with (Not everyone likes ES /Bloodrage and not everyone stacks armor). Nearly every build profits from Necromancers offensive support.

Guardian is still a solid build but Necromancer offers a lot more variety!

Stats:

Spoiler

Defensive stats for this Build are Block / Evasion / Dodge

With Vaal Grace (~15 sec duration) 55% Dodge and Spell Dodge
With Bone Offering (~8 sec duration with only 1 corpse) 35% Block and Spell Block
With Grace and Evasion gear ~45-50% evade
With Advancing Fortress and Prism Guardian another 37% Chance to block
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Attacks:
55% Dodge, 50% Evasion, 71% Block

Spells:

55% Dodge, 35% Spell Block <-- You should crank this stat up

Passives:

Gear:

Spoiler

+Max Life, Energy Shield, Evasion, Block all in one weapon must have!

Every Aurabot in a nutshell

Alpha's Howl, not a must have but it increases your HP due to Prism Guardian and gives you the freedom to use an additional Aura or use an Aura outside of Victario's (Generosity)

Aura preferences for your mate, keep in mind that you probably want to use an additional generosity gem for more effectiveness. Or if you want to runy Blasphemy do it inside this chest.

The rest of the gear is used to get Life / Stats / ES / Evasion / Chaos Resistance and Ele Resis if you need more.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Two instant flasks (Yeah still without quality \o/)

And 3 utility flasks, Basalt as our only phys reduction source and Amethyst flasks if you are not capped, taste of hate would be a very good choice here to get some further phys reduction.

Skills:

Spoiler

My Setup is simple:

Using all purity auras in Prism Guardian
Using Flame Dash
Casting Temp Chains, Enfeeble
Using Increased Duration with Bone Offering / Vaal Discipline / Vaal Grace

I think you could have...

Spoiler

-used Whirling Blades with faster attacks inside your weapon for free fortify! (Necro AS)
-used Vaal Haste!
-used 2x Vaal Grace!
-used blasphemy!
-used triple curse!
-used enduring cry!
-used immortal call combo!
-added more spell block with Item x!
-added more evasion in the skill tree!
-played a guardian! -No

Well guys that's all up to you, if you want to experiment and give us all your insights. Please do so!

If you are interested in something or have any questions, please feel free to do so!

Greets Selensija

*Update 18.06.16: Added leveling passive tree
Last edited by Selensija on Jun 18, 2016, 11:59:55 AM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2016, 4:10:54 PM
How do you deal with chaos damage bypassing your ES when you have your life reserved?
Dont you need a shavs/lorica?
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
"
braddaman wrote:
How do you deal with chaos damage bypassing your ES when you have your life reserved?
Dont you need a shavs/lorica?

At the moment I am focusing on getting Chaos Resistance on all my non unique gear slots.
Since you will easily be eleresi capped, a life / chaos resi roll itself is most of the time pretty cheap. For example the belt slot is perfect for these stats.

You also get 20% Chaos Resistance from the Purity of Flesh wheel and 21% Chaos Resistance from the Ascendancy Node (On your Merc Laby)

Also if you want to be on the safer side in the midgame you can get an amethyst flask with duration / effect and anti poison roll. This is also a good flask to take care of you on later map mechanics.

If you still don't feel safe you can skill Method of Madness Chaos Resistance Wheel in Shadow part of the skilltree to stack an additional 24%.

Purity of Flesh was my first goal 2 reach at leveling and when you reach cruel you might want to stick at a positive chaos resistance. After entering merc it's pretty mandatory to have 0% Chaos Resistance and at the point you reserve your Life you should get to 20%+ (Without the flask).

how would you recommend leveling up with this, like passive tree wise and what skills would u recommend
Man you have a lot of life on the tree for a build that loses like 2/3 of its life to auras...

I really hate that it is the case in this game that the only way to run an effective, HC-safe support character is to run with a shavs or a lorica. Talk about limiting the design space.
"
MempzR wrote:
how would you recommend leveling up with this, like passive tree wise and what skills would u recommend

Well I built like this to stay extra safe. I leveled with Fire Nova Mine / Bladefall because I'm in love with those 2 spells (Even if it's a mine :P)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-wghCPpkSrVa4snBEtfIPr7prgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH6cIj0YdFPrSFm_jaiSqNumboffXrJg6WFXGg9sEB0yzl5VSUz1fl_RtGQj0wFRqQ7zq

After Level 40 I already noticed that my damage was so low it was unnecessary for me to damage further because my aura support was already much better than my actual damage (With curses).

So I waited to skill the energy shield nodes at witch and built like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGZf0CPRSU8BUl5U9X7zqakNMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj315uhj0anCB0U6-760prgMtEWb0WdRUckquNqU1LAZjbpBLOiAPAfFy8ksICkVdZk5xhqeC985VgHOVI=

And the rest, I think, is pretty self explaining in my original tree then.

"
Pathological wrote:
Man you have a lot of life on the tree for a build that loses like 2/3 of its life to auras...

I really hate that it is the case in this game that the only way to run an effective, HC-safe support character is to run with a shavs or a lorica. Talk about limiting the design space.

Well I didn't even reserve 2/3 of my Life it was like

34% Skill Tree + 2% with Jewel
8% Alpha's Howl + 25% Prism Guardian
---------------------------------------
69% on a 50% Grace, 35% PoF, 35% PoL ~ 120% * 0,3 ~ 36% Life reserved.

I was pretty beefy tbh until I died because I went into a Map Trial for my first time and face tanking 3 poison darts, another mate triggered, by running over a trigger plate, while having my life reserved.

It's true that Shav's make you feel safer but with enough chaos resistance and a medium life pool you will still feel safe enough.
Last edited by Selensija on Jun 18, 2016, 11:56:04 AM
And what about the bandits..?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info