The Beast Fur Shawl

Ok, so now that The Beast Fur Shawl, Vaal Regalia has been released,

Does anyone have any idea of how to work this on a RF CI?

Also, is there a way to keep ES recharging even taking damage?

Last bumped on Jul 3, 2016, 8:55:01 AM
"
DiegoK wrote:
Does anyone have any idea of how to work this on a RF CI?

Also, is there a way to keep ES recharging even taking damage?

For CI, there is no way as RF deactivates at 1 life, so you can't use it at all.

The usual way to build an ES RF char is stacking life regen with Zealot's Oath, building ES high and keeping life as low as possible, Shavronne's ring is also an option if you can get it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The problem with using this chest is the exact reason that Shavronne's is so powerful, and it gets worse for ES RF. As your life regen is affected by Zealot's Oath, you have no life regen, just ES regen. Which means any chaos damage you take, if you aren't wearing a Shav's, goes through your shield, and into your non regen-ing life, and kills you. Running any hybrid build without Shav's is very, very hard to do. Capping Chaos res is also very hard, and the only way I've almost done it(Need a few more levels) is on my all life Juggernaut, using 2x Ming's Heart rings. As full life the cost is small, really. As hybrid the cost is significant.

Overall, using this makes running any map where chaos MIGHT happen, a death wish for an ES RF build. Sorry.

- Sheepster
There are ways to regain health without health regen. Cybil's paw, for eg. Also, 'reduced damage taken from damage over time' helps a lot for an RF build, and will also help vs most chaos damage. And of course there are life flasks.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It will not work with CI RF. The initial idea was to make a chest to work with CI RF but the design team couldn't come up with a way to do it without making changes to the entire game completely. You can still go Hybrid but RF will not work when you're CI.
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
It will not work with CI RF. The initial idea was to make a chest to work with CI RF but the design team couldn't come up with a way to do it without making changes to the entire game completely. You can still go Hybrid but RF will not work when you're CI.

Out of curiosity....Is there no way to simply make an item that says "You have 2 Life-Chaos Inoculation". All CI RF really needed was, literally, one point of life, as Zealot's Oath can then be employed to transfer the same life regen you'd get with Normal RF to ES, for a CI RF. As long as you can physically turn ON the skill, as CI, you can do CI RF. But you can't turn on the skill as CI, right now....

So is there no way to make CI 2 life?

- Sheepster
Giving CI just one extra point of Life also gives it one ~free Reserve for not-RF.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Running any hybrid build without Shav's is very, very hard to do. Capping Chaos res is also very hard, and the only way I've almost done it(Need a few more levels) is on my all life Juggernaut, using 2x Ming's Heart rings. As full life the cost is small, really. As hybrid the cost is significant.

Overall, using this makes running any map where chaos MIGHT happen, a death wish for an ES RF build. Sorry.

Coruscating Elixir on a flask build can solve a lot of these problems.

Does this chest multiply life regen from ZO though?

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Giving CI just one extra point of Life also gives it one ~free Reserve for not-RF.

That is quite true. Balancing would be tricky. My idea is generally a Ring that says ONLY, "Chaos Damage Does Not Bypass Energy Shield". The obvious query then is, how much of a disadvantage is needed to counter the benefits of CI RF or a free reserve for CI? I think either a -% to ES, or reserve your other ring slot. Some people I've spoken too suggest that it would need to be both rings slots AND the Amulet spot, because of Eye of Chayula's popularity for CI, but I'm against making it lock the Amulet or Boots, specifically because of Chayula and Skyforth. Ring, overall, simply because a Moonstone Ring base seems to fit it perfectly.

Overall, though, this doesn't answer the question...It is possible, in the game's coding, to GIVE CI a second point of life? It might be impossible without a major overhaul to the keystone's coding and functionality. IDK. Hence why I asked if BeastFoSho had checked with GGG if it was an option.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Overall, though, this doesn't answer the question...It is possible, in the game's coding, to GIVE CI a second point of life?

The better solution would probably be to turn off RF just before you're about to die instead of when you reach 1 life. However, I assume they want to keep RF as a flavor thing for life casters.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info