Spirit Offering

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Mar 15, 2020, 9:17:10 AM
94 [standard] CI classic summoner/3 auras/ 3 curses/ Mistress of Sacrifice/ 6l zombies/ 4l phys specters.

Spirit Offering so far is good only for leveling.

On higher lvls it's too weak; Bone Offering grants superior defences, Flesh Offering gives much better clear speed. Both useful with Mistress of Sacrifice, and your minions res are capped anyway.

Spirit Offering is so-so in poison/vulnerability setup, but flesh offering still feels better.

I assume it is intentionally made useless for CI/ES builds with Mistress of Sacrifice.

Too bad that Mistress of Sacrifice Hybrid and Life builds get much more life heal from Bone Offering.

I would totally use it if it had better synergy with ES, for example:

"
Minions gain 1.5% of their Effective Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield for each corpse consumed.

Last edited by lordplenty on Jun 21, 2016, 7:03:28 PM
i can agree with that..

fleshoffering + vaal disciplin much better combo, with cwdt boneoffering..

spirit offering seems like a great idea, but need some rework,

maybe lower the chaos dmg added, and add some speeed of some sort, attack/cast or just movement

or like the guy above surgest, more energy shield gained.

But hoinestly, the only reason i wont use it, is cuz of all the nice nice speed i lose from take out flesh offering.
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Jul 23, 2016, 11:56:20 AM
First poster knows what they are talking about. I assume this is to be good for CI builds? Or a real summoner build (raging spirits is hardly summoning, its really a spell with a modified tool tip) which needs to scale better. Id love more CI on the minions over a better chaos damage and the resists imo are a waste.
There is farming potential with getting more resists as Advarius/random resist ring(im tired lol) does lower your resists but i think people want their specters/zombies to have that survival.
Personally id love a gem that focuses on CI for zombies not for mistress build because as a summoner main i think summon raging spirits is stupid and just a spell. Lets see more "summoner" love for our zombies and specters or even better, add a boss gem :D

*Edit- Sorry this popped up in google as i wanted to see this gems results. Sorry for the spam, will try it out and reports although i use a similar 6L zombie build too.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
Last edited by TwelveYears on Aug 6, 2016, 9:12:33 AM
Maybe for summoners Flesh Offering is better, but there are other builds that use Offerings :)
For example, Spirit Offering is great for any kind of melee or ranged build focusing on physical damage.
However, additional resists are useless most of the time, and the need to constantly recast the skill is a real pain, as when you are recasting it, or forget to do it, you lose damage.

It would be great, however, if Spirit Offering either worked with CI better (like others posted), or additionally granted some leech or a chance to poison on hit.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
I'm using Spirit Offering CWDT for clearing corpses automatically to reduce chances of dying to DD. It seems like most of the high-level hardcore deaths this league happen to DD, so yeah.

I think there's a bug with it - whenever CWDT procs Spirit Offering and I'm standing on corpses that it detonates, I get SELF DAMAGED.

Here's one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2boYlFPtjk -- Happens at 0:42. I know it's not the best example because a Revenant died nearby, but it's been happening to me consistently the entire last couple of days regardless of what monsters I'm fighting.
Good skill. I use it on all my summoners to counter ele weakness maps with mistress of sacrifice ascendancy skill. It's always linked to increased duration only.

+ Good buffs
+ The +energy shield on use is great with mistress of sacrifice on a hybrid char. You get es instantly to fill up your buffer.

- The full effect can only be had with physical minions.
- No timer so there is no way to know when it'll expire.

I suggest adding another line: Adds x% of elemental damage as extra chaos. Much like Atziri's promise unique flask. Now it works with most spectres too and not just physical ones.

I give this skill a 4/5 rating. It's pretty useful.
I's a bit sad that the effect needs to be dependant on the number of corpses used, unlike other Offerings. It's already the least used Offering type probably, getting the full effect from a single corpse would be a nice buff, but I undestand the abusability due to instant ES recovery + no cooldown.

I have a question about offerings. I'm using multiple minion spawn skills but most notably Dominating Blow and Holy Relic which constantly makes new minions that take the place of old minions. Does an offering continue to apply its buff to minions that spawn during the offering, or does it only apply the buff the moment you cast the offering? There doesn't seem to be any visual indication that the buff is applied.
Betrayal: Dominating Blow Guardian, CwC Arc Elementalist
Last edited by Blackice012 on Dec 30, 2018, 3:51:04 PM
Can we please get the sound effect toned done a bit? I am playing this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2643268

Spirit offering is a main source of incoming damage mitigation via cast when damage taken. It goes off every like less than second or so. Super annoying unfortunately. The build is super fun but I can only play it with sound muted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info