WTF is going on?!?

Hi everyone,

To explain the situation, I have a currency stash tab, and have since yesterday started pricing my currencies, at unfairly high prices so that people wouldn't bother coming to me for currency. I wasn't being sneaky about it and didn't do anything to manipulate prices in any way.

Yet, I am currently out of stock for wisdom scrolls, portal scrolls (you know, the currency that you cannot possibly be needing) and chromatic orbs, plus I restocked as many blessed orbs as I sold with a net 100% profit. For some currency (portals especially), even though my prices were very high, I happened to be the only guy selling them available, but I don't understand how people could get to choose me when there were almost 20 people online selling one of those currencies at much better rates (chromes).
When people started contacting me, I double-checked my prices to make sure they weren't messaging me with inaccurate listed prices, and I wasn't mispricing any of these currencies.

What is going on with currency, when I only have to be online to apply abusive ratios?
Does GGG realize how much of an advantage it is to be using premium and currency tabs? I mean, I am not actively attempting to sell my stuff, yet people just flock to me to buy my currency.
"
I mean, I am not actively attempting to sell my stuff, yet people just flock to me to buy my currency.

If you list it, then yes, you are actively trying to sell it.

The ones showing online and cheaper than you could have been people who will never respond to requests to buy because they are only interested in manipulating prices by getting other people to list at their low price so they can buy it from them and relist it higher.
If you are getting flooded, you are selling at less than market value.
Qiox:

I understand your point, but I see it rather as passively trying to sell it, as I was going to let the currency rot there without touching it in weeks/months (when I would be reaching capacity).
While I understand that some players are manipulating the rates, the case of the chromes is really weird, as it was really easy to buy more chromes for less after trading them away (I just replenished my stocks of everything I sold, and while it was slightly harder to make a profit on my scrolls than I originally thought, I did manage to make a profit on every currency I sold).

Barivius:
I guess you're right. I am shifting some of my offers even more in my favor. It's weird how the market fluctuates so much, though.
Clear speed meta. Time is money. It's worth spending a couple of extra chaos orbs to get the scrolls and chromes you need if it means you can get back to running maps quicker.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
People want stuff... and have more wealth than they care to worry about. So they buy stuff for stupid prices. Just like in real life.
People don't bother picking up 99,9% items in maps, xp/h is god. It's simply easier for them to later buy your portal scrolls.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 30, 2016, 12:10:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info