[2.3 Juggernaut] Vigilant Striker V2 [Theory Craft + Feedback]

Hey guys,
First time Marauder here. Normally I just play Shadow builds, but since I saw the Ascendancy changes and the fact that I'm missing a level 80 Marauder for my achievement,
I decided to theory craft a build that uses the not often used Vigilant Strike. Please don't hate since it can easly changed to EQ with some minor adjustments ;)

EDIT2:
Ok I changed quiete a bit and made some "improvements". This will the build I run towmorrow and yeah... first time marauder xD If any1 has something to add feel free to do so :D

EDIT1:
Spoiler
Yeah I know I can go crit! Its just theory crafting in general!
The main goal is to have almost max Endu Charges all the time except when i use vigilant strike!
Since I havent really played Marauder at all this is a more def choice for me since I dont know how the left side of the tree turns out.
Please note that the Gems + Links can change depending on how the mechanics will work out!

Summary:
Spoiler
+ 200%+ increased Life
+ 8 Endurance Charges
+ 7,3-8,9% Lifereg
+ Perma Fortify
+ 150% increased Armor
+ 4% Lifeleech (2% Skilltree + 2% Warlords Mark)

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler

Pros:
+ Tanky
+ Easy to gear
+ Lab viable
+ Several Def layers

Cons:
- rather "slow" Clearspeed

Gems:
Spoiler

6L Socket Skills:
Vigilant Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash + Multistrike
+ added Fire Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage => interchangebal with WED depending on which auras you are using!
+ Stun / Faster Attacks / Inc AoE / Conc Effect => depending on how the build works!
=> Main Attack! Depending on how the build turns out Multistrike isnt needed maybe!

6L Socket Skills:
Ancestral Protector + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash + Mutlistrike?
+ added Fire Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage => interchangebal with WED depending on which auras you are using!
+ Stun / Inc AoE / Conc Effect => depending on how the build works!
OR
Heavy Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash + Weapon Elemental Damage
+ added Fire Damage => interchangebal with WED depending on which auras you are using!
+ Stun / Faster Attacks / Inc AoE / Conc Effect => depending on how the build works!
IF Kaoms reduce to 4L Slot!
=> Bosskill Helper/Trash Clearer since they buffed the Totem Placement Speed!

4L Socket Skills:
leap slam + endu charge on stun + faster attacks + stun
=> Utility Movement Skill!

4L Socket Skills:
Vengeance + Melee Physical Damage + endu charge on stun + Weapon Elemental Damage
OR - if the Charge generation isnt that reliable use Stun otherwise WED/Added Fire depending if you are running an aura or not!
IF KAOMS drop that for the otherwise 6L choice
=> Backup charge generation! Could be dropped if the Charge generation is sufficient!

4L Socket Skills:
Blasphemy + Warlords Mark + Hatred + Endlighten
=> Aura Setup for non Blood Magic!

Gear:
Spoiler

2H-Weapon:
Marohi Erqi -> imo best in slot?
Hiltless -> imo BiS as a Unique sword for crit build?
Hehemonys Era -> Staff version for crit!

Armor:
Kingsguard -> perma 100 life "regen" from vifilant strike OR nice interaction with wyrmsign => more deffensive
Ambu's Charge -> allres + auto full endu charges when critted! + conduit for party play? => more deffensive/party
Koams Heart -> Life Deluxe if the Damage should be enough!
Death's Oath -> attack speed + all res + A LOT of attribute points!
DELETED =>Daresso's Defiance -> onslaught + life leech => more offense

Gloves:
Wyrmsign -> no downside since easy way of getting full endu charges!
Rare Gloves -> Life + Attack Speed + Flat Phys Dmg + Res

Boots:
Rare Boots -> Movement + Res + Life
Socket Skills:
CWDT + IC/Molten Shell + Increased Duration + Stone/Flame Golem/War Cry

Helm:
Abyssus if the increased Dmg taken is manageable!
Rare Helm -> Res + Life

Belt:
Rare Rustic/Leather Belt -> Life + Res

Ring(s):
Essence Worm -> Herald of Ash => IF you run blood magic!
Rare Ring -> Life + Res + Flat Phys Dmg

Amulet:
Rare Amulet -> Life + Res + Flat Phys Dmg + increased Armor

Flasks:
MUST HAVE:
Divine Life Flask - Instant recovery aka. Oh Sh*t/Panic Flask
Eternal Life Flask - Increased Duration / Faster Recovery

Utility:
Granite Flask - +3000 Armor
Basalt Flask - 20% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Atzris Promise - Additional Damage + Extra Leech!

=> Choose on which slot you will have at least:
1 remove bleeding
1 remove freeze

Skilltree:
Version 3: 102 Points - Level 82
Generic Version w/o Weapon choice

Version 4: 106 Points - level 86
Generic Blood Magic Version w/o Weapon choice

Bandits:
Oak - Oak/Skill Point - Oak

Thanks for helping a fellow Exile out!

Changelog:
- added/changed a lot of stuff
- formatting a lot of stuff
- generic skilltrees added (bloodmagic and normal)
=> basic concept done
Last edited by XRacKS on Jun 2, 2016, 8:26:35 AM
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2016, 2:24:21 AM
Seems decent, but with Vigilant Strike there is no need to take Resolute Technique, since you never miss. This way you can actually go for a little bit of crit!

With the current meta of "Gotta Go Fast" I would also not go for stun, because "why stun them if you can kill them?". Also with the new "Unrelenting"-Ascendancy Node, it will be easy to have an endurance charge upkeep with just using Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark and you won't need "End. Charge on Melee Stun". I would also not use Daresso's Defiance because you'll have enough End Charges and it's not worth losing them all when you get hit (same for Immortal Call)

You also don't need Fortify on your Leap Slam because you'll get that from Vigilant Strike for free!

2H-Weapon:
I would go for axes and use Hezmana's Bloodlust (no blood magic needed) or Wings of Entropy (I would use Bringer of Rain with that one) until I can get my hands on Atziri's Disfavour.

I would go for:

Vigilant Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Splash + Multistrike (+ Added Fire Damage (+ Faster Attacks))

The good thing of Multistrike is that you only spend one End. Charge on three hits if you cannot handle the End. Charge upkeep.

Another Helmet option I would recommend is Devoto's Devotion(+60 Dex and other goodies) and for Boots I would consider Atziri's Step(High Evasion, some Dodge). Abyssus is legit aswell. For a belt one might use Doryani's Invitation (Physical Variant).

One might also consider using Blood Rage and a curse such as Warlord's Mark (with Blasphemy or with Curse on Hit and Leap Slam) which gives you Mana Leech and additional Endurance Charges and allows you to not go for the Blood Magic-Node and get some Auras/Buffs.

For Auras/Buffs I would use:

Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour + (Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy)

The downside of Vigilant Strike is that you can't use Immortal Call + CWDT well. I would use CWDT + Molten Shell + Flame Golem + Blood Rage.

That would be my Passive Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMhMTzjcAB97l-4PSDBsYWu3Z_XaSeV93V5FGXeVBHCZbvDjkOFCDrCV8_hVIaPvZIwQTZYfIvfLiMz3lorY0pLj38qW7PflhjwBp343aseA1vOwHc6hi18oTZ-Ov3MjWScmxHfqmUZFK77fPdFHGSff6P2L1sRr02eHqHasGjTjKRzmhl2Xw9PtwjTeP-CjIJZU2pJ-JhF-GCB-XPmG-mV_JFvqeE7zB3JvjyQTrhouphIVn-E0wS4a5QktB7dF4TZafvTiFVQKBhUtw9LPtGt3rvIWDFU5OoB3WKItNvBS1EniyF3DKKs8CmJyB07VO7WhpIeFdUBTw=

Another possibility for a Vigilant Strike build would be Slayer(Free Melee Splash!) or Champion(Better Fortify Buffs), but then you'll have to go for Endurance Charge on Melee Stun or you can't keep the charges up well.

Bandits:
Oak - Oak/Skillpoint - Oak/Kraityn

For Ascendancy Nodes:
Unflinching + Unrelenting and then skill what you feel like except Undeniable, because you don't need accuracy rating.

The body armours are all good choices (except Daresso's). I would add Death's Oath to the list.

And I'd say that there are always Rare Item's that can match the power of uniques, although they can sometimes be harder to find. And who knows what kind of nice things we can find in the prophecies.

In General:
For leveling I would always try to have as many gear possiblities as possible. Therefore i woudln't skill Axes early on allowing you to use any 2H you find multiplying your chance of finding a decent leveling weapon by three!

I hope this gives you some helpful Inputs on improving your build!
Btw, I tried a very similar build on perandus HC with Slayer and never had critical moments until a detonate dead box blasted me to pieces on lvl 71 :)

Cheers and happy waiting for Prophecy :)

Oh, and feel free to criticize!

Edit:
For Party play you might also want to check out The Vigil - Jewel
Last edited by Guru92 on May 28, 2016, 7:53:42 AM
thank you very much for this awesome input... i thought about the rt/crit interaction with vigilanti strike but then i would use a atziris disfavour but thats not league starting... that the tree will change with investment is a no brainer and i'm considering a lot of stuff you said i just thought about all the "what could go wrong things... if i test those reliable and essencial things i'll be happy to change some choices of mine and switch those out!
If you go for vigilant strike you gotta go crit.
Crit potion so op that you dont need to put many skill poionts on the tree.

Abyssus

Coil (kings gaurd woud be better with discharge cuz it spends end charges all at once like 600 700 or 800. Just 100 each time you use VS ? Not so much synergy)

Gloves flat dmg attack speed stats res life

Boots stats life res. No need for MS if you use whirling blade)

Wep. Deponds on your taste

VS + multistrike + melee dmg( added fire for reflect) + melee spash (added fire for boss) + faster attack + increased crit chance ( physical to lightning for reflect)

My idea! Hope this will.help

hey yeah i thought about going crit as well... a really good and viable choice could be the new hiltless uniuque 2hand sword!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info