Apep's Rage + Freezing Pulse Build Questions

Well hello,

I tried to come up with a viable build by myself, but am not sure if I did mistakes in calculating the dps.

I try to use 2x Apep's rage with a lv 1 freezing pulse but see by yourself:

Here's the link for the dps calculation sheet (please check if there are any mistakes)

And here's the skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABALfWCGc7KNtZWBd7blfhhQ4tqKI-lyH5ZTQgsZA8S8F8IcMiJoMJeMch0JDWRnFvnrQMnKTK04cTvop3B5MnL51sC3_GUzUW8yL0oqPBxVBCJjxtGQ_E7BiMNhFQ2Vs7fI_6B2OJ03OzNbkbJbjKXEDr9cu9cFLwa6crHU9LrofLZJ3DCeaBKgsV5y0f6QKnm_IduZMWv0yzdZ4Pq2qMrrMEByBuzxUki_VvQZYfAlAwwzrIFAVC0PU2xdteieCi2Syci3rYJOZYsNhJsgFvhW2THwLj4vfVgUkTB6WESCTYXGvDbQAAAAA=

Anyhow, if you do know if this build would be viable or know how to make it better, please let me know.
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 4:26:27 AM
Some problems with your tree.

You take ES but dont take CI, are you lowlife? Then you might consider getting both Pain Attenunement and Arcane Vision

You have no deffense layering, nothing, not even vaal Pact. This build will die in T7 maps. (Without even considering your damage)

Damage wise it's ok. 51k with GMP is "ok" with Freezing Pulse.

Another big problem : You have no Projectile speed. With freezing pulse you need some.
Last edited by ZePample on May 27, 2016, 10:00:07 PM
The build has been done before (the 1.3 version): [2.1] Dual Apep's Chaos Crit - Stapling Chaos to a Level 1 Spell
Maybe it helps a bit (the tree is broken though).

As already mentioned, your build is too fragile. Freezing pulse is a close to mid range spell. The main defensive layer usually comes from going crit and freezing enemies. If you remove that you have to get some other defense (MoM, eva-acrobatics).
If you are ES-based you at least need to pick up ghost reaver: how else to you want to restore your ES?
Imo CI (or low life) is a bad idea as you can't use a shield which is a big ES source. The build probably only works as life based, which gives you the opportunity to take acrobatics for defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info