Strongboxes...There are Unique ones?

Until I noticed that newspost about NEW Unique boxes...I had never seen or heard of them. Do these exist in a certain area, or a specific level of content? Or should I simply treat them like a Mirror, something to be rarely spoken of, and never seen?

- Sheepster
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 6:33:17 PM
Run this map if you want to see some. Guaranteed in the final room.
There are currently four that can spawn randomly, as well as various ones that pop up in guaranteed locations. The random ones are indeed absurdly rare for whatever reason - I've seen one since their introduction vs at least 10 exalt drops, for example.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
We actually just talked about this on Reddit the other day:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4k3bgt/unique_stronboxes/

In my 1900 hours of playtime I've seen one single "Perandus Bank" unique strongbox. As someone mentioned in the reddit thread, saying 1900 hours doesn't really tell much since I could have spent much of that time in town or my hideout, but its really the only benchmark I can offer.

Other people seem to have had marginally better success than me in finding unique boxes, but not by much.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Nick42 wrote:

Other people seem to have had marginally better success than me in finding unique boxes, but not by much.

It sure helps to carry around chance orbs and know which boxes to use 'em on. I've come across a Kaoms strongbox and a Strange Barrel in the wild but I've also chanced two of each.

The results of said boxes...
3x Kaom's Roots, 2x Mark of the Doubting Knights and a Bino's

I'm so done with chancing armourers strongboxes. lol
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I got one once with chance orb. I thought it will shoot naked chicks and 6L gear all over the place, nothing like it happend as far as I remember. And that's the issue, I don't even remember it much, so it coulnd't be blast.
Burn all the orbs!
I have found 2 strange barrel since the introduction of unique strongboxes.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
found a kaom unique strongbox got a kaom chest from it if i remember right.
I found unique barrel 3 times.. dont know if that counts tho :D
I've also seen the Barrel...just once in almost 1.5 years of playing. Dropped me a Bino's, not bad.

The ones at the end of Oba's were kinda lame IMHO...but still not bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info