Spending close to $200 during perandus.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am a typical casual gamer who has a real life with a son on the way and a full time job (still going to school) and dreams of doing something fun in life. I am 27 years of age and I enjoy the simple things in life... so why am I writing this?

I joined this game (officially?) Joined: June 21, 2013 . . yet to say I have actually played this game day in and day out during that time would be a lie. The truth is, perandus finally caught my attention in terms of the progress this game has made from day 1 of me joining. When I originally joined there was outrageous packs you could buy for all these perks, I never thought I would spend a dime on this game until this recent league.

Getting to the point

- Perandus league taught me a lot about the game. Mainly the ability to get the items I needed to build some of the more lucrative builds that I would otherwise never get a chance to try. In being able to afford these builds I was able to explore area's of the game I would have otherwise never of attempted.

- The game itself has evolved in such a short time to really bring back the old school Diablo 2 game that I came to fall in love with. While nothing could ever be replicated in life that was once the pinnacle of my gaming time, this game has surely shown me the promise and the dedication required to achieve this beautiful dream of mine. The fact that the development team stands by their decisions and sticks to their guns on certain aspects of the game keeps the casual player such as myself interested in contributing my donations.. I want the developers to follow out their vision.

- The Lab's are one of the coolest aspects of the game I have yet to encounter , yeah.. I said it.. Whatever. Honestly not only are they completely lame in the fact that you have to take so much time to get through them, but sometimes you get caught off guard and you have no choice but to stare at a resurrect in town screen or be forced to remove your character from hardcore due to something so trivial yet somehow difficult. Maybe I am the few who stands behind this aspect of the game, but I say keep it coming, and what happens?? In prophecy they bring a 4th lab through doing maps, mind blown. Thank you!

- So why spend money? Simply because with everything life has to offer, video games have always been a place I can go and find peace. When a company puts such dedication into a passion such as this game it should be rewarded. Yeah sometimes I look back and say damn I spent x dollars on this damn game again, but guess what I am still playing it, still getting stash tabs, MTX items, and now I will soon have my own T-Shirt ( What a dumb thing to get right? Yet I appreciate this shirt because to me its a personal appreciation from the company to show that my support is actually ...appreciated.

- To the streamers who will never read this Pohx, Ziggy D, Yoji, Mathilification, Havoc. RaizQT, Hegemony, LiftingNerd .. You guys share this passion for video games in general yet you go the extra mile to release content that allows me as a casual gamer to be caught up to speed without having to sacrifice my time in the game to actually .. well.. learning the game. Through the endless twitch and youtube content that I can reference at anytime.. even to the guides written on the forums, you guys have truly set the bar for me personally in the genre of gaming I love.

Wrap Up
- To those who found this inspiring or interesting, thank you for actually taking the time to read it. Most people are like me and probably never visit or comment much on the site, but from a guy that enjoys just playing this game, I wanted to write a small thank you to the developers and dedicated members of the community for helping me enjoy this game so much. While the game will always have it's up's and down's I feel like I am finally grasping the concept's of what make the game great and finding the reasons of why I will always end up coming back no matter how I feel about the game in it's current state. Big thank you to everyone who takes a second to show someone how to do something in this game.

TLDR
- I have no regrets spending my money on a company that cares so much about it's game and the people involved that play it.
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 12:00:21 PM
Thanks for your support :)

and also
The Labs are great :)
I need more purple titles
If that's what a thank you post is about, then you nailed it man!
Awesome read. Has everyone here played D2 besides me? WTF? Anyways - They should continue the Perandus spirit forward in a SFL. Was good. Was suited to a guy like you (not for trading whatsoever). I think lots of people dont like the whole trade thing to get anywhere and they are missing out on those consumers. At the same time they dont want to divide us further it seems.. Thanks for man on deck with the donation!
Git R Dun!
You know this actually gave me the opportunity to explore trading, because I finally started to understand what made rares valuable, with such an influx on unique items now rares were becoming actually very valuable (in my opinion). So I got to see what made rares so valuable and why they outclassed unique's in certain situations.

On top of that with the ability to use loot filters and GGG (i assume) supporting poe.trade through premium stash tabs, this made the entire process feel more fluid. When I last played it was almost a year ago , before the act 4 ever came about, and that was rubber banding and desync. So this is about me being thankful to the dev's and the community for sticking it out to shape what is now a very entertaining game.

Thank you for the positivity , I find that most of the community is willing to help or give their input if you simply ask, and that is rare.
Nice post.
Censored.
Well said. But labs are still shit :p
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Thanks for the support, but I will have to disagree to a degree. While I do not personally enjoy doing the lab's over and over, I think the dev's realize the issue yet are doing a great job to keep this content incorporated while removing the hassle that is needing to consistently do a lab purely for ascendancy.
reads like some of those propecia doesnt make you impotent paid pharmacy troll posts

fact is despite you loving the lab so much you waked into your own trap the freemium trap you play nonstop videogames(school and a 40h full time job Oo) have a son and have time to spend 200 on shiny pixel instead of going on a short vacation or trip or whatever somethng that lasts at least in memories

always wondering what do your wives and girlfriends think of that ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 24, 2016, 6:03:37 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
reads like some of those propecia doesnt make you impotent paid pharmacy troll posts

fact is despite you loving the lab so much you waked into your own trap the freemium trap you play nonstop videogames(school and a 40h full time job Oo) have a son and have time to spend 200 on shiny pixel instead of going on a short vacation or trip or whatever somethng that lasts at least in memories

always wondering what do your wives and girlfriends think of that ?

I work a bunch, but I mean, I've thrown quite a hefty sum at this game and I can still afford to go on vacations and so-on. Also my fiancee would rather I spend it on games than the strip club lol

Anyway, thanks for the support OP. I personally like the shirt, myself. It's comfortable and it's cool to be walking around and have random people ask about it or talk about it if they already know it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info