I feel so good that GGG decides not to make legacy

I really hope that this would be the beginning not to make legacy anymore
Last edited by GodKas on May 23, 2016, 9:16:32 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 10:07:23 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
I really hope that this would be the beginning not to make legacy anymore

I am glad they are not making Legacies for the chaos conversion nerf. It was a good decision.

However, I still like Legacies in general. Its nice when there is a small nerf or item change. It creates an incentive for older players, and adds another tier to strive for if your build is based on that Unique/utilizes that unique heavily.
KMGL Guild: /3193350
twitch.tv/AethrozTV
I'm surprised they didn't make Voltaxic and Consuming Dank legacy. Typically, GGG doesn't give a single shit about standard. Changing all of the copies to the new version must be harder than just making them legacy, right?

You know an item's OP when GGG goes the extra mile to nerf it.
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
I'm mostly curious as to what's going to happen to the already legacy Consuming's.

Will they be nerfed, but remain higher? Will they essentially be un-legacied?

Kind of exciting~
Imo the problem was so big that making legacys wasn't a good enough solution and they had to go with nerfing the value itself like they did for leech.

But to be honest, Voltaxic will still stay at the top once players will figurate at how to get your dmg back (took me 5 minutes to theorycraft).

Also yes legacy consuming dark will drop to 45% so dual wielding those with infernal mantle will still allow for 100% spell dmg chaos conversion.
Last edited by IceDeal on May 23, 2016, 9:52:29 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
I'm mostly curious as to what's going to happen to the already legacy Consuming's.

Will they be nerfed, but remain higher? Will they essentially be un-legacied?

Kind of exciting~

Me too

"
The only question about this nerf that I got is have they fixed legacy Consuming or not. If they have, we will have legacy CD at the proper 30% (?) value, but all other items will be off, Voltaxic will be at 40% and mantle at 10% but we will be able to update them with divines and future drops will be fine.

If they haven't taken the opportunity, we will have legacy CDs at 45% but we won't have to update anything unless they nerfed some items less, for instance they might have dropped mantle to 20% instead of 15% and left Mortem alone, which means we will need to update those items or just buy new ones as it will probably be cheaper.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I don't think GGG wants to make legacy uniques, it's just that some uniques are to difficult (as in too time consuming) to update, so they leave them as is.

I also think that they have been more careful with new uniques, so that they are easier to update.

If I understand correctly, uniques that drop with a random value are harder to update than a unique with a unique mod on them, as to update them, you need to calculate the % of the roll to determine the new value. I can see how this would strain their databases, and bring downtime when recalculated.

However, if I were GGG, and about to design new uniques, instead of rolling a value between say 20-30%, I would do a base number as a unique (hidden) mod, and then add a percentage onto that. So 25% = base value * 0.5. Then I could just update the base value to "nerf" it.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
I honestly think that GGG doesn't know wtf they are doing lol .
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info