Getting "Failed to Initialise" on Launch After New Patch

After the recent patch I have been getting the "Failed to Initialise" launch error every time I start up my Path of Exile. This is weird, since I have not had any problems at all prior to this. It might have to do with changes made for the upcoming improved audio and graphics or something, but I am no expert. I have tried all the fixes I am able to find online, however nothing has worked so far. Anyone with any suggestions to help would be greatly appreciated. It may also be important to note that when downloading the new client I had the "endless checking resources" bug, having to re-launch the game innumerable times to fully write the client.txt file. Said file is now 1.5 GB.

Computer Specs:
i5 2500k @ 3.3 GHz
16 GB RAM
nVidia 660 Ti
Windows 10 Premium (x64)
Windows Firewall On
Installed on Intel 510 Series SSD (120 GB)

Fixes Tried:
All drivers updated or up to date
Re-installed (Stand Alone Client)
Uninstalled Stand Alone
Installed via Steam (Same Error)
Steam Cache verified
Uninstalled Steam Version
Re-Installed Stand Alone
Pack Check run - all files in sync
Content.ggpk deleted and re-downloaded - pack check run again and all synced
Content.ggpk defragmented
Windows Firewall Toggled OFF
Windows Firewall Toggled ON
production_Config.ini deleted (Reacquired on launch)
Keyboard Language English (US)
System Language English (US)

Edit: DxDiag Results as Requested: http://pastebin.com/iBkv9rjt
Last edited by FrozenInFire on May 22, 2016, 4:55:19 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 11:45:48 PM
DxDiag.exe export in a pastebin link or spoiler tag posted here?
I have added the link to pastebin of my DxDiag to the original post. Don't know how to use the tool myself but hope it helps.
Bumping this thread to hopefully find some insights. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, and other than trying a different computer I am at a loss of ideas. Tried all of the fixes I listed above all again and still get the same results. Please help!

I really want to be able to use of what I have in Perandus league and enjoy it a bit more before Prophesy comes out. Perandus is the first league I actually did really well in and I hope to enjoy it more before it is gone.
I'm assuming you have all the latest Windows updates?

There is no more information in the error or the Windows Event/Error logs or the client.txt log file?
You assume correctly about the windows updates. I double checked to make sure.

I combed the Windows Event Viewer logs (with as much knowledge as I have) everything looks normal. No red flags or warning whenever I launch the program or in the last few days.
Edited: The only mention of Path of Exile or it's files is "successful" setup logs.

The client.txt file is too big for notepad is taking forever to load on wordpad. From what I can gather it has "requested folder metadata" and then "queued" everything "for download". I'll update this post when the whole file finally loads.
Edit: Using wordpad because it crashes my copy of Open Office as well.
Edit 2: My wordpad also crashed so I will not be able to update past this info.

In the mean time I tried downloading and installing the game on to a different drive. The launcher then gave me the same writing 1-10k lines of client.txt each time I launched it so I figured I could maybe copy the client.txt from my old directory over. Apparently it just appends to the client.txt file and keeps doing what it was doing before. Is it that my install is broken somehow? I've tried both the stand alone installer provided on www.pathofexile.com as well as a steam install and both gave me the "Failed to Initialise" error.
Last edited by FrozenInFire on May 23, 2016, 10:17:19 PM
Well it's been a while and I have tried every fix under the sun I can think of, except one and I don't want to reinstall my windows just to see if that works. I'll have to just leave it at not being able to play the game until I get a new computer. Disappointed! :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info