Spark and elemental overload

What do you guys who play non crit sparker use to trigger elemental overload keystone to keep up the buff? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Overload

I have been using orb of storms + increased critical strikes. Is there something else that works well i may have overlooked?

Controlled destruction for another gem? But the damage boost is so nice.

I use these links.

Last edited by kompaniet on May 22, 2016, 2:39:30 AM
Last bumped on May 22, 2016, 6:42:29 PM
Having Ice Spear on your CWDT setup will basically guarantee a crit if the second stage of it hits something.
Could try that. Anything else?
get around 10-15% crit chance with spark (150/200% increased crit chance) and you are fine. this can be archived with 2 wands that have a bit of crit or get a few crit nodes on the tree and 1 wand with crit

could also go with spell daggers and also be able to perform whirling blades
not easy with controlled destruction. do you advise using another support gem?
controled destruction has less of an impact as you think base crit of spark is 6 so with 200% crit that is 6(base)+6+6= 18% crit so 100% reduced crit from CD removes 100% crit chance
resulting in 100% inc crit from 200% is stil 6(base)+6=12% crit chance and getting 200% is fairly easy without much investment at all even 300% is quite doable even for non crit focus
that is another option yes thanks. what is the most commonly used method though?
Last edited by kompaniet on May 22, 2016, 6:14:39 PM
I used witch starting crit nodes and just spam spark, it is enough to keep it running all the time.
wel i think that is the most commonly used methode this vid shows what i explained earlier

alto i can think of a more roundabout way of getting the buff up
get this unique put a sectral throw in it linked with increased accuracy faster attacks and or faster projectiles and put it on weapon swap swap weapon get the crit swab back to wands and cast away

or find away to get power charges to get the crit chance (assasins mark)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info