[2.2] T14 Viable Tri- Ancestral Facebreaker Heirophant

Three times the Totem, 2.1 times the power!

T14 Shrine Map (First)
https://youtu.be/cIHc0I_VnuM
(First I've ever run, 2 deaths to ice form of boss)

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
very fun (totem placement tricks, blocking hallways, etc)
You are ranged, since the totems dps and tank for you
good damage ( 125k / 81k single target, aoe)
very cheap (BOR and windscream are all you really need)
Good survivability (6 endurance charges, 4-5k health, high block chance, Temporal chains)
deals very well with reflect, and blood magic

Cons
Low Mobility (Shield Charge, no gem slots for faster attacks)
low chaos resist
charges must be manually kept up
Many uniques means that Dexterity and Resists may be needed from tree

Questions and Answers
Spoiler

why facebreaker/ tri-totem ancestral protector?
Facebreaker has good damage at the cost of gem selection and survivability. Ancestral totem's use my weapon damage, but allow me to stay out of melee range. Using three ancestral protector totems gives me a damage multiplier

why bringer of rain?
The heirophant ascendancy gives access to "Illuminated Devotion", which gives 20% elemental resist penetration for skills in your helm. Bringer of Rain turns your helm into a 7L for your main skill at the cost of a chest. => I have an effective 7.5L helm

Why elemental equilibrium?
1) -50% resist is huge.
2) I already want to apply multiple curses to increase my dps, so curse on hit already seems like a good idea
3) I don't have many gem slots to create another attack with good dps, so firestorm- curse on hit seemed like a better way to increase my dps from my primary attack.

why facebreaker/ tri-totem ancestral protector?
Facebreaker has good damage at the cost of gem selection and survivability. Ancestral totem's use my weapon damage, but allow me to stay out of melee range. Using three ancestral protector totems gives me a damage multiplier

why bringer of rain?
The heirophant ascendancy gives access to "Illuminated Devotion", which gives 20% elemental resist penetration for skills in your helm. Bringer of Rain turns your helm into a 7L for your main skill at the cost of a chest. => I have an effective 7.5L helm

Why ele equilibrium?
1) -50% resist is huge.
2) I already want to apply multiple curses to increase my dps, so curse on hit already seems like a good idea
3) I don't have many gem slots for another attack skill to use myself, so firestorm- curse on hit seemed like a better way to increase my dps.

Why elemental damage at all? aren't resists super high?
1) When you convert to an element, you gain benefits from physical damage increases and elemental damage increases.
2) There aren't enough good support gems that don't convert a portion of your damage to an element to fill the 4L with ancestral protector. Since we are trying to push enemy resists as low as they go, you want to make as much of your damage elemental as you can.

But why male models?
Srsly? This reference is a decade old...
... It still makes me chuckle...

Passive Tree

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon Swap
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Atziri's Promise significantly increases dps and gives you needed Chaos Resist (-40% without it)
Basalt Flask increases physical resist. An alchemist's flask is ideal. Rumi's flask gives another level of physical resist.

Jewels
Spoiler

Dex Requirement > Cap Resists > Totems can't be stunned > Damage
When I figure out how to reference my jewels, I'll put them in here. I don't think my gear is that great though.

How Does It Work? coming soon
Spoiler

It go boom.

DPS Calculation (128k/82k single target)
Spoiler

Math!
7L: Melee physical damage (18), Faster Attacks (12), Blind (6), Ancestral Protector (20/20), Melee Splash (0/20), Physical to Lightning (20/20), Elemental Focus (20/20)

Base Physical Damage per attack = 708
Spoiler
(Base Unarmed + Bringer of Rain + Meginord's + 2 rings + amulet) * Facebreaker multiplier
= (4 + 25 + 10 + 2*14.5 + 20.5) * 8.00 = 708

Attack speed
without punishment = 2.33 aps
Spoiler

= base attack speed *(1 + Tree + lvl12 faster attacks + Hierophant) * ancestral totem multiplier
= 1.2* (1 + .18 + .36 + .08) * 1.2 = 2.333 attacks per second

with punishment = 2.678 aps
Spoiler

= base attack speed *(1 + Tree + lvl12 faster attacks + Hierophant + punishment) * ancestral totem multiplier
= 1.2* (1 + .18 + .36 + .08 + .24) * 1.2 = 2.678 attacks per second

base % of damage that is elemental = 69.7%
Spoiler
Since Hatred and Physical to lightning are used, (36% + 50% + 29%)/ (100+ 36 + 29) = 69.7% elemental damage base

increased damage % = 244% + 4% per enemy killed recently
Spoiler
Increased Damage = Tree + strength+ gems + items + jewels + oak
= 112% + (380/5) + (20%+ 10% + .697*(10 + 10)) + 12% + 16% + 4% per enemy killed recently = 243.94% + 4% per enemy killed recently

Damage multiplier from 7L = 1.47* .752 * 1.29 * 1.36* (.697* 1.49 + 303) = 2.60

Real Damage w/ punishment = 128015 dps single target
Spoiler
(Totem Penalty * # of Totems) * Base Physical * (1+ Increased Damage) * Attacks per second * multiplier* punishment* atziri's (with penetration calculated in)
Penetration = 20% (Helm) + 50% (ele equilibrium) and 20% cold (frost bomb)

(0.7 * 3) * 708 * 3.44 * 2.60 * 2.678* 1.35 * (1.25 + [.218*.2 + .697*(1 + .2 + .50)]*(1+.15)) = 128015 dps single target

Real damage wo/ punishment = 82610 dps single target
Spoiler
(0.7 * 3) * 708 * 3.44 * 2.60* 2.333 * (1.25 + [.218*.2+.697*(1 + .2 + .50)] *(1+.15)) = 82610 dps single target

Current Defenses
Life: 4.87k
E Charges: 6

with Potions:
Life Regen: 23.4% = 1145 Life/sec
Armor: 16.4k
% Phys Reduction: 47%
Block Chance: 68%
Burst Phys eHP: 12k / 79k with avoidance

Without Potions:
Life Regen: 10.8% = 523 Life/sec
Armor: 5.3k
% Phys Reduction: 27%
Block Chance: 42%
Burst Phys eHP: 8.2k / 30k with avoidance

Blind enemies from totems
Temp Chains gives 33.5% slower enemies (9% quality atm)
Arctic Armor
Fortify from shield charge (not in calculation since it isnt up often)

Spoiler

Regen Calculation

Tree Regen = 7.5%

Regen with 6 endurance charges = 6* .2 = 1.2% regen

life from enduring cry = duty cycle* regen = (1.45* .75/ (4+.25)) * 394 = 100.8 life/s average => 100.8/ 4892 = 2.1% average

Total regen = 7.5 + 1.2 + 2.1 = 10.8% regen

potion regen = 2880 / 7 * 1.2 * 1.25= 617 life/s = 12.6 %
With a potion = 10.8 + 12.6% = 23.4 %

How Do you Play it?
Spoiler

0) cast your auras at the start of the zone.
1) Whenever you see enemies, you place totems. As long as you are within a distance of about 2/3 of the screen, the totems will attack.
2) For strong enemies, cast Firestorm over the enemies to curse them and constantly trigger Elemental Equilibrium. Use Atziri's Promise to boost your dps.

3) Maintain Enduring Cry, use immortal call constantly if there are 17 or more enemies.
4) cast firestorm near you, immortal call and get hit to trigger punishment (or just use ele weakness, I didn't have the off colors for that)

How far have you gotten?
Ive mostly been running tier 10-11 maps, but I did a T14 and I got a T12 from it so I'll run that next. At first I wanted to defeat atziri, but she reflects curses and relies on having fast mobility.
Last edited by Nasliss on May 28, 2016, 2:47:03 PM
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 3:57:55 PM
Change Log
5/22/2016 Guide Created
5/27/2016 Added Videos and Fixed Incorrect DPS. Added Passive Tree Image
Last edited by Nasliss on May 28, 2016, 12:57:03 AM
Bump cause I updated a lot of stuff
You might want to 20% quality your gear. Something's not right when the only 20% quality armour you're using is Facebreaker.

Edit: I just checked your characters and you've put quality on the BOR and Lioneye's since you posted them. The boots are still at 0%, though.

Edit 2: Add to your list of questions "Why Shield Charge?" Wouldn't Flame Dash or Lightning Warp be so much better? I think it's cool to see someone using Shield Charge as a movement skill, but man it looks super bad.
Last edited by Jennik on May 28, 2016, 3:37:39 PM
im sorry but 30 minutes of clearing 1 map doesnt make it viable
Well
The idea might be interesting but the implementation from theory to practice looks not so funny.
[IGN] "Zealotchen"
"
schultz94 wrote:
im sorry but 30 minutes of clearing 1 map doesnt make it viable

well... its able to do the content, so it is viable, despite the 2 deaths, but is it efficient? Not the slightest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info