Lag and Disconnects

Today the game was unplayable. Lag was horrible. Before today I would get lag every now and then but it would not kick me out of game. I have rebooted everything on my network, even had my ISP reboot my Fiber box in the house (as it has a battery backup and I cannot just power cycle it) They even checked for packet loss and they are reporting NONE.

Here is a link to the MTR results.

http://pastebin.com/P2qFiGmS

I really enjoy this game just wish that there were less lag problems and stuttering in game. Luckily I do not play HC and so hitting lag spike and dieing is not as big of a deal but still a pain to regain the lost XP.

Please advise on what if anything i can do on my side.
Last bumped on May 17, 2016, 4:10:40 AM
Right, your ISP is wrong. Not only are you getting packet loss, it is bad. 15% from your second hop, it carries forward, and it gets worse.

Contact them again, and make sure they see your MTR. Tell them that you are indeed getting packet loss and you'd like to get it resolved.

The reason they "don't see" the packet loss, is because of the route their traffic takes vs. the route yours does.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info