[2.2] LL Brainless Tricurse 11 Aura Support TANK, first time support friendly.

Hey guys,
in the recent FB Event i tried out my first time as a support.
I leveled a templar and went guardian for the awesome Auras from reserving mana/life.

SO first things first: Pro's and Con's for this build

Pros:
-Easily over 12k ES in redmaps
-81 fire/cold and 82 lightning res
-All defensive Auras except vitality (its crappy anyways)
-Triple Curse !?
-Can be really cheap at the start of a new league, leveled to lvl 92 with a solaris lorica.
-Everyone loves you in partyplays.
-There is not much competition, since guardian is the least used class most of the time.
-With 2 All res uniques and your puritys you dont have to get any resistances on your other gearpieces.
-All flask nodes on the tree can allow you to get maxblock with rumi's
-whirling blades. I think there's nothing ive to explain here.
-I am currently pre-flasks at over 6k armor and 5.5k evasion

Cons:
-You cannot do anything alone.
-For endgame mapping a shav's is recommended
-You need decent ES gear, which can be hard to get at the start of leagues
-You have to go life on HC early on, since lowlife/hybrid is deadly in the lab
-Can be annoying to level if you level alone. In a group its easier tho, since you can run triple puritys very early on.

Skilltree:
Spoiler
poeurl.com/C3N

There are 3 energy from within jewels used in this build. One right next to Quick recovery above the templar start, one in the witch area above the Alchemist flask wheel and one at the Melding wheel above the shadow start.
Those give you an extra 65% ES from tree to add up to a total of 240% base ES from the tree. The Mana nodes you see me taking in the tree, are used for even more ES from the Guardian Ascendancy class. Talking about Ascendancy; we take Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith no matter what. The last 2 points is your choice. I took Harmony of Purpose since i dont like to use warcries, but Prayer of Glory is the better choice in my opinion. If you have acces to a rumi's, Bastion of Hope is an interesting choice aswell, since we go LL and dont have anything else to prevent stuns in big phys dmg packs.

Gems:
Spoiler
4/5link CoH setup: Ball lightning lvl 4 - CoH - Temp chains - Enfeeble (- Warlords mark)
1G - 3B - 1R
there is not really anything too usefull for a 6link, maybe GMP or faster projectiles, but thats overkill in my opinion.

3link Movement: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify
1R - 2G
Best movementskill in the game. Fortify makes you even more tanky.

2link Aura: Bloodmagic - any Purity
1R - any Colour

3link Supportspell+secondary movementskill Wither - Faster Casting - Flame dash
3B
Flame dash is nice to skip terrain and wither is really nice if you play with a chaos dmg dealing carry.

Prism Guardian (no links needed): Haste - Discipline - Determination
1G - 1B - 1R
If you get lucky and get a +1 on all puritys, you can put them in for another +1 allres, but other than that, this is the best setup.

4link CWDT setup: CWDT(lvl 10) - Immortal call(lvl 12) - increased duration/Stone golem (your choice) - Vaal Haste
3R - 1G
Vaal Haste is really nice in any party, stone golem also gives more survivability, its preference.
Its hard to get these 4 offcolours on a gearpiece, i have not cwdt setup atm and put in some other situational gems such as Increased durtation along with vaal haste/discipline and a portal gem. But if you have a solaris instead of a shav's, you can put your CWDT in the solaris since it is a strength base. I even had a 5link Solaris CWDT/Vaal haste setup before i got my hands on a shav's.

Rest Auras/single gems: Vaal Discipline, other Puritys, Grace, Arctic Armour, low level Clarity.

Mana Calculation for this build:

Gear:
Spoiler
Chest:
Spoiler
Best in slot is Shavronne's,
but you can use Solaris Lorica first until you save enough currency for the shav's. You can get up to 8k ES easily with solaris, thats good enough to start with.

Weapon:
Spoiler
Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade is really nice for the 50% ES you can get for free.

Shield:
Spoiler
Prims Guardian.
This allows us to run so many Aura's. There is no replacement, try to get this asap.

Rings:
Spoiler
Lori's Lantern is really nice and makes you even more tanky.
The "unlucky" mechanic is the same as the "lucky" when you use a diamond flask. The damage gets rolled twice and the lower outcome is picked after as the real damage.
Second ring slot is either Doedre's Damning Paua Ring if you got a 5link for the 3rd curse, or a good ES + chaos res + missing Res rare, those are pretty cheap.

Amulet:
Spoiler
Here you get your stat requirements: Try to get about 60 strength and 30 Dex along with some flat ES and maybe some missing res. Chaos res/mana/%ES is also nice, but not mandatory.
This is mine atm:

Belt:
Spoiler
High ES, missing res, strength and 2 flask mods is what you wanna look for. Some flat Armour is a nice addition but not needed.
This is mine at the moment:

Boots/helm/gloves is all the same:
Spoiler
High ES. Try to get the needed res on your jewelery and look for high ES only since its your only ES "income" and res on ES gear can be expensive. Attack speed on gloves and Movementspeed on boots is a nice addition, but often pretty expensive.

Here is my ES gear at the moment:

Flasks:
Spoiler
Ruby, Topaz, Saphire flask, Rumi's/Granite/Jade/Basalt (whatever you prefer), Quicksilver Also get the usual suffixes with: Anti bleed, freeze, curse and maybe shock. If you dont have a rumi's, get either increased armour or evasion on your jade/granite. As Prefix you wanna look for reduced charges used or charge recovery.
Here are mine at the moment:

I hope this helps a lot of the peops out there, that never tried a supporter before and hopefully will try their luck with this build so i can get some more supports in future leagues ! :D

Feedback is appreciated and i will answer any questions.

Thelmon
Last edited by Thelm0n on May 17, 2016, 7:55:39 AM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2016, 6:50:05 AM
- Reserved -
Do you think it will work for 2.3? if no what would you change for it to work for 2.3?
"
MrHobbitFFXIV wrote:
Do you think it will work for 2.3? if no what would you change for it to work for 2.3?

Sorry for the late answer, having a break from poe atm, but it should work just fine in 2.3, there was nothing major changed for this build and for the ascendancy just go with the other option described in the ascendancy section.

Thelmon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info