Thieves beware... It can take as little as 72hrs to find you.

So I was in a rush last night coming home from work and dropped my wallet on the floor. I usually keep my wallet in my pocket but I had too many things in my pocket already. So I placed it in my lap... Anyways coming out of the car I dropped it on the floor. Next morning in like a nut looking for it...

Then my worst nightmare... "Your purchase for 2.99 approved." I get a text message from my credit company anytime my card is used.

So I called the bar across the street who has cameras facing my parking lot. I live in a huge tourist destination there's a lot of cramped up spaces. Anyways... I call the bar explained to them what happened. I also called google play... The idiots used their phone to purchase an app.

Video was submitted to the detective on my case...

I call my best friend who's a net nanny an officer who can subpoena IP addresses with a judge approval. Well the Judge since they are very close granted the subpoena immediately and since I use to mentor kids at the boys and girls club and ymca (I have congressiobal recognition for community service) they were happy to oblige.

(Google play will not give out third party private information only a judge/authority can)

So now a detective calls me just now, "hi we wanted to let you know we found the person, their IP address was matched to an apartment in your building. We believe it was your neighbor that's parked next to you on the ___floor. You have two options we have a warrant to search their home now and arrest anyone and everyone at that location. The second option because they are your neighbor and they might retaliate is to make them aware and come clean if not take them to court, it's your call."

I have 24hrs to decide detective asked me to sleep on it...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 12, 2016, 10:44:56 AM
Last bumped on May 13, 2016, 2:27:19 PM
I'll just leave this here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
1. Call the police
2. Sue his ass
3. Get money
4. Drop the wallet again
5. Repeat for infinite money
In what country do you get a warrant for a 2.99 credit card fraud.
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
"Your purchase for 2.99 approved."

Can you explain how exactly?

In every situation that I used my debit card there was a requirement to enter either a pin code or 3-digit security code if online, so are there any ways that enable to just steal all your money without knowing this code at all?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 13, 2016, 6:03:46 AM
Didn't read, but i was like all,

Spoiler
\o Yo, Solwitch

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
"Your purchase for 2.99 approved."

Can you explain how exactly?

In every situation that I used my debit card there was a requirement to enter either a pin code or 3-digit security code if online, so are there any ways that enable to just steal all your money without knowing this code at all?

Credit card you don't need a pin long as you have the three digit code from the back which they do. They continuously charged the account, $99.99 $89.00 etc...

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Boem wrote:
Didn't read, but i was like all,

Spoiler
\o Yo, Solwitch

Peace,

-Boem-

Lol...

"
kaarelo wrote:
In what country do you get a warrant for a 2.99 credit card fraud.

If your wallet is lost than no they don't get involved... But if you report it stolen then it's different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info