projectile tag missing from bow skills

why is this?

the reason i ask is because poison inherits the damage type of the skill applying it, allowing it to double dip on certain damage increases.

essentially, i want to know if puncture/trap gem/poison gem will give the poison damage projectile and trap typing. puncture is particularly weird, because it can also be a melee attack, but of course I'll be using it with a bow to enable the trap.

edit: also, will the increase projectile damage nodes still apply to the initial hit after turning it into a trap?
Last edited by Float on May 9, 2016, 6:40:38 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2016, 7:37:52 PM
Bow key word implies projectile or so I have read on the forum in some thread.
Edit:
Spells can be projectiles , but won't benefit from bow increases. Traps that use your bow stats should get the increase as well.
Last edited by Ragaroon on May 9, 2016, 6:59:00 PM
'Bow' is implicitly 'Projectile'.
Yes, Traps still deal Projectile Damage with their Projectiles.
It will double dip.

Skill tags are not to be viewed as a formal list of things that apply. The system is too complex for that to work. Puncture is a good example. Whether or not your attack with Puncture is a projectile attack depends on whether you are using a bow or not. So, yes, traps that shoot arrows perform projectile attacks and receive the corresponding modifiers. Skills (e.g. Molten Strike) can also have components that are projectiles while others aren't.
ok cool, bow = proj. thanks everyone for the quick replies.

is triple dipping with bleed/poison good? also, i was looking at pathfinders poison on hit, im guessing traps wont proc? which is fine though cuz the poison support gem is still insane
You want insane?

Get some of the Shadow's pure physical/chaos damage nodes.
Curse an enemy with Vulnerability.
Then hit him with Puncture + Poison.

The bleed double dips from the phys damage (high base phys damage, phys DoT).
The poison double dips from the phys and chaos damage.
Both the bleed and the poison triple dip from Vulnerability (extra DoT damage taken).
The bleed quadruple dips from Vulnerability (extra phys damage taken).

Run away, watch as the enemy bleeds to death chasing you. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info