Lag spike every few seconds

Hello,

I'm playing on european servers and every few seconds I get lag spike to over 1000ms.
Between the spikes, the ms doesn't move and stays on the same line, so the ms line looks like this:

__|___|___|___|__

It goes from around 40ms to the roof and instantly back again. I've tried different servers but the problem persists. Even during the low ms, almost every action I do is delayed, for example talking to the town merchants (I click and the dialogue pops up in 2-3 seconds).

When I put notebook power settings to "Power saving", everything runs fine without delay, but as soon as I change to "Maximum performance", things are like this.
During power saving mode, my MS moves normally.

On other games I have stable ping.
Has anyone experienced this? What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot for input.
Last edited by Tusho on May 4, 2016, 1:36:13 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 2:16:46 PM
Do you have Asus ROG GameFirst installed or any other gaming services? Anything which might be interfering meant to "improve game performance"? There are a few types of this software that can cause issues.

Based on your diagnosis with the power settings, it seems to be isolated to the PC itself, and not specifically network.

Could also be thermal/power related, but it's hard to say for sure without more troubleshooting and information.

Have you checked the difference in temperatures when you are on "Power Saving" vs when running "Max Performance"? Perhaps the performance option is overworking the hardware and causing temperature throttling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info