Are kills with dual strike considered as main or off hand kills?

since dual strike is suppost to attack with both hands simultaniously, as what would the kill count (for outmatch and outlast)?

edit: For that matter, if i use frostbreath, would the double damage count for the damage of both weapons since it is the same attack, or just the frostbreath?
Last edited by tompie on May 4, 2016, 1:19:51 PM
Last bumped on May 5, 2016, 9:01:22 PM
I'll add to the question and ask if killing with a shield is offhand? It doesn't say offhand weapon, just offhand.
Apparently, dual strike was fixed, you can gain both kinds of charges with it now.

As for the other question, you can't kill with a shield.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Apparently, dual strike was fixed, you can gain both kinds of charges with it now.

As for the other question, you can't kill with a shield.

Thanks for clearing th at up.

Does anybody know if the "Attacks with this Weapon" condition of frostbreath counts for both weapons or just for the damage of frostbreath (+ most likely added damage of gems, ring etc)
"
tompie wrote:
Does anybody know if the "Attacks with this Weapon" condition of frostbreath counts for both weapons or just for the damage of frostbreath (+ most likely added damage of gems, ring etc)

Only damage that comes from hits made with Frostbreath will be doubled, that includes any added damage from external sources like jewelry or auras. That means only part of the damage will be doubled if you use Dual strike, if the property was global it would be hands down the best stat stick offhand in the game.

Last edited by raics on May 5, 2016, 7:25:42 AM
"
raics wrote:
Only damage that comes from hits made with Frostbreath will be doubled, that includes any added damage from external sources like jewelry or auras. That means only part of the damage will be doubled if you use Dual strike, if the property was global it would be hands down the best stat stick offhand in the game.

The wording isn't entirely clear though. If it works like that for attacks like Dual Strike or Cleave, then I think it should say 'hits with this weapon', rather than 'attacks with this weapon'.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frostbreath
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 5, 2016, 7:52:56 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
If it works like that for attacks like Dual Strike or Cleave

Unless it's bugged in some way. DS and Cleave calculate everything separately for both hits first and then lump it all together.

So the double damage would not work for the damage of the other weapon :(

What about the damage from things like an added cold gem or HoI? Would they get bonusses from both weapons (for example frostbreath and dreamfeather)?
HoI's explosion doesn't use the weapon and is not an attack. HoI and added cold also add damage to your attacks, including attacks with Frostbreath, so those attacks would of course get boosted.

I think Dreamfeather's mod is global, although I'm not sure.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 5, 2016, 4:28:00 PM
"
tompie wrote:
What about the damage from things like an added cold gem or HoI? Would they get bonusses from both weapons (for example frostbreath and dreamfeather)?

Yeah, I already mentioned any added damage will also be doubled. Look at it this way, added damage is a part of your base, so if your Frostbreath has 60-80 physical, 20-30 cold it's no different from 10-20 fire you added via lioneye's paws or 50% physical added as fire. So, both your main hand and off hand have some base damage, if the enemy is chilled you just double the base for the Frostbreath hand and leave the other as is, that's it.

Yeah, Dreamfeather is a global bonus, it would say "1% increased Attack Damage with this weapon per 450 Evasion Rating" otherwise.

Last edited by raics on May 5, 2016, 4:57:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info