We need high-iLvl areas that aren't maps

Greetings,

It is my opinion that PoE needs high-iLvl areas that aren't maps.

While running maps is great, having areas with higher iLvl enemies would also be great. People would still run maps, because you can mod them, but with high-iLvl, non-map areas, you'd also have the option of farming these areas if you so desired (perhaps in order to get the "Kill these Vaal Bosses" achievement -- or maybe just because you don't feel like running maps or are out of good ones).

So, I guess what I'm asking for is new, high-iLvl areas.

Thanks.

Best,
bwam
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 12:30:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Inbefore someone comes here and tells you that the maps are sooooooo important for this game because they are a currency sink.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:02:19 PM
They will continue to release higher level areas as more acts get unlocked.

What stops you from running white maps? Whats so bad about buying maps? Yellow maps, even high yellows and low reds cost a few chaos. You will make that back easily.
#NeverGoing90
"
Char1983 wrote:
Inbefore someone comes here and tells you that the maps are sooooooo important for this game because they are a currency sink.
You called?

Surprise! I'm not quite going to do that.

The maps which are currency sinks are important for being currency sinks. But let's look at map trade values. (Actually I'm lazy, you can go to poe.trade yourself.) The first few tiers are nothing but busy work for self-found mappers and those who trade for maps can skip the first few tiers easy and start for basically free several tiers up.

This means: unless you're married to a SSF map pool, spending anything more than a Transmute (maybe an Aug) on maps below t7 or so (exact breakpoint debatable) is a waste of currency. Hence, not a good currency sink.

And why would I defend a currency sink which doesn't even fucking work? And @EFire they're not super varied areas either, some people might Alch them but really the optimal move is to have two affixes, and two is barely more than zero.

So if someone is suggesting level 82 (t15) areas, then hell no. If they're suggesting level 77 areas (t10), yeah, still no. But level 72 areas (t5)? Sure, why the fuck not?

Maybe even 73.

74 is pushing it.

75 is just no.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2016, 9:30:40 PM
Please no. Dried lake is bad enough being the best xp until the late 70s, I don't sent to be farming regular zones for the sake of efficiency into the mid or even mags 80s.
Well, the way I'd do it is:
Merciless "Dream" areas: +1 alvl
Merciless Belly 1: +2 alvl
Merciless Belly 2 & Harvest: either +2 or +3 alvl (max 72 or 73)

I think even then, they wouldn't become better-than-Dried-Lake options. Maybe a little closer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I wouldn't count on this ever happening, at least not to a great degree! I imagine there will be gradual increase as acts are added over time, but nothing much! I highly doubt we ever seen anything higher than 72, and that might even be pushing it, its more likely we don't see anything over 70! Why you ask?! If they go too high with it then "lets say 75!" we have the means to farm that over and over to 100 safely, with no "mods" to stand in our way! It would be like having and endless supply of 75 white maps at your disposal! And we all know how much the hate us getting to 100! lol

So yeah, I see it happening, but not by much!
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I wouldn't count on this ever happening, at least not to a great degree! I imagine there will be gradual increase as acts are added over time, but nothing much! I highly doubt we ever seen anything higher than 72, and that might even be pushing it, its more likely we don't see anything over 70! Why you ask?! If they go too high with it then "lets say 75!" we have the means to farm that over and over to 100 safely, with no "mods" to stand in our way! It would be like having and endless supply of 75 white maps at your disposal! And we all know how much the hate us getting to 100! lol

So yeah, I see it happening, but not by much!

How about completing the Labyrinth unlocks access to high-iLvl zones that are gated beyond final Izaro? And make 'em so you can't force-create new instances.

Or ANYTHING. That's just an example of how you could get around that problem, if that's even something that would stand in the way of implementing high-iLvl areas into the game outside of the map system.

You could also make it so, after killing Merciless Malachai, you get an hour's worth of high-iLvl areas (ie, old areas iLvl is increased by 7 for an 60 minutes).

There are plenty of creative ways of making this possible.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
I agree with OP 100%. I hate the tedium of mapping (which is somewhat forced if you desire experience gain past a certain point - for me it was Lvl.90... yep I was in Dried Lake til Lvl 90... I was so sad to leave that wonderful area). I would much, much, MUCH prefer numerous random tileset areas with higher levels - up to area level 78 which is a comfortable area level for getting to Lvl.100 (this could be adjusted for competitive leagues to slow down speedsters; maybe).

It's just the whole process of collecting the maps, sorting the maps, upgrading the maps into higher level maps (zomg annoys me just thinking about it - I mean who likes cleaning their rooms cos this was a similar feeling), maybe trading maps for preferred ones i.e. Gorge, Plateau or for me it was Crematorium... ah delicious, trading for chisels (again bugger the chisel recipe - tedious and too slow), even the process of rolling maps and using the mapping machine as a gateway to the zones - compared to Dried Lake where you run a big Loop, not caring if you skip mobs/destructible things cos you're not looking for more maps, you're just enjoying the slaughter then you are back in town to sell or put stuff away for Chaos recipe. It was too good and I'd love to see more Dried Lakes with higher area levels... maybe could be zones attached to our Hideouts and we could adjust the area level ourselves or unlock higher area levels.

Ah the dream... unlikely, but it would improve my enjoyment of late game tenfold.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on May 4, 2016, 12:32:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info