armour and energy shield for aegis

what is good block, armour energy shield for aegis build?

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 11:56:20 PM
Max block. 75 or 78 if using the Anvil. No reason to go out of your way to get large amounts of armor, the normal endgame of about 6-10k should be enough, that equates to 120-200 ES restore per block. Energy shield isn't as important, but about 500-1k would be good. Reaching 300-500 ES should be pretty easy since Aegis has a ~100 base and you would be picking up shield defense passives on the way to block nodes.
As much energy shield as possible to minimize the chance of getting hits through to your life pool.

That includes chasing flat energy shield on rings/belt/amulet and wearing a hybrid armor/es chest pereferably.

I would aim for 10k+ armor and 1k+ es for high tier maps as minimum. Ideally you want to have at least 6% of your armor as ES at all times, but stacking more ES rather than armor provides bigger burst defense which is what kills block users.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 30, 2016, 8:23:39 AM
It's hard to make aegis useful while in same time having pleasant offensive strength apart from low_es+bringer_of_rain setup.

You can get pretty nice numbers by getting ES, low life scion and picking blood magic with nodes behind it, iron reflexes coupling with grace and determination, and there will be space for another or two auras to pick up, preferably discipline.

But you will have to deal with recovery issues- life for casting/attacking and secondary way to recover ES. Shavs won't be as important at 75% chaos res and with some life recovery, also more es and armor will be welcome from chest piece.

I had scion pre-ascendancy with this setup, ES was nearly 5k, armor ~20k (without flasks), no shavs, chaos res 75%, life regen 200, nearly capped block and spell block, and ghost reaver.
Even with those numbers with 2% recovery its pitiful 400 es recovery per block. With granite getting 40k armor its still meh-ish 800 es reovery. with legacy it would be more pleasant- 1600 es recovery.

Thou it's quite point intensive and when building i used prenerfed incinerate. Don't really know how it would work out now.

gear i used

armor piece is borrowed to claw assassin-

"
Andrius319 wrote:

armor piece is borrowed to claw assassin-
[/spoiler]

nice armour.
I'm level 66
I have 68% attack and 28% spell block ,
2992 life
656 es
3065 armour (with flask 14829 armour)
and i still need to upgrade my ring and gloves

my gear:
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 30, 2016, 9:38:13 AM
Unless you are cosplaying Doedre I suggest you get rid off the gloves asap since they aren't worth it in caster builds (Only in CoC / Mjolner builds maybe?).

Also you didn't mention you are playing a Necromancer, I question the choice of going Aegis when you could just run a level 20 bone offering and and focus on life instead.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
Unless you are cosplaying Doedre I suggest you get rid off the gloves asap since they aren't worth it in caster builds (Only in CoC / Mjolner builds maybe?).

Also you didn't mention you are playing a Necromancer, I question the choice of going Aegis when you could just run a level 20 bone offering and and focus on life instead.

I used these gloves for leveling. I have said that im going to upgrade them.

Im using bone offering on CWDT, took some block nodes and I have 73% attack block. Also idk why I should drop aegis if im using bone offering to get block. It work together very well. I also gave leveled up bone offering in weapon sawap.

my gloves and ring now:

Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 30, 2016, 1:13:53 PM
I've experimented with melee necromancer. I found Aegis Aurora really disappointing. Bone Offering's life on Block stat (654 at l20) is so high that you don't really need Aurora. In order to get 100% uptime 654 ES on Block you need massive investment in Armour, and you can't "store up" lots of buffer either without similar investment in ES.

I'm using Rathpith Globe and cwdt Tempest Shield to great effect on my melee necromancer. I don't have 78 block, more like 70, but it's more than enough for crowd clears. If I wanted that sweet 8% block I would probably switch to a gg rare shield or Aegis Aurora, but I would lose spell block, and some Life in the case of Aegis. With Aegis level base block and Lazh I can get just about 75/75, but that's two slots consumed just for block. I've found life amulet and life shield more helpful.

Of course my build may not match yours. My necro takes 0 or near 0 block nodes, so my itemization power is a bit limited.

But I will say that 70 block, bone offering, and no Aegis Aurora is enough to make me immortal against any high dps low DPH enemy (pack)s.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
my ci witch, with no flasks up, has about 5,200 armour, 38% attack block, 8% spell block with a legacy aegis. If youre in the 60s, I can walk into somewhere like merciless docks with no flasks on, pull just about everything in there and afk it with those numbers. In higher maps you have those base numbers + press a rumis flask and its extremely tanky. For a non legacy shield double the armour value required.

When they nerfed block on the tree I was looking at spending way more points for way less block. I just went and got 2 rumis flasks, tried speccing 0 block and just using the flasks, worked fine. Tried not using the flasks either... ya you notice the difference but honestly its still pretty much doing its thing even when theyre down. And all those freed up passive points went into damage and energy shield which made a lot more difference than having the other half of my block on a flask.

For a hybrid, if I were building it I would want a normal life pool, 5500+ by lvl90, and Id want 1500+ es on top with 10k armour. Thats not at all easy with a witch, I have a hybrid life + es + armour crit arc witch, she doesnt use an aegis though. Ive got 5k life, 5k armour, 5k es, and with no access to iron reflexes while trying to spec a full crit spell caster who can fuel a 6L spam skill off mana it was seriously hard to get that. The gear it took is unrealistic, at the point youre doing that a shavs setup would be the budget option. You may well have to go the way my ci witch went and just get used to armour flasks being a core part of it permanently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info