Competitive Perandus league and issues mentioned in the thread for it

Firstly, people were debating over how long future challenge leagues should be. I have a different idea on where to go with that... if possible, run multiple concurrent temp leagues. Each league, 6 months total duration, with a new one still released every 2-4. Then the people who don't have so much time to play will be happy, because they'll have time to "finish" at least half the leagues at the rate their life allows for, and the players who are on every waking hour will still be content, because they'll have something new to shoot for frequently.

Secondly, either in addition to or instead of the first one... Permanent Flashback Leagues. Please. A constant rotation of past league (and possibly even race) mods in and out, including (increasingly rare as the number of potential leagues goes up) days with all league mods active, but characters stay in it permanently (unless they die from FB HC to FB SC.) You KNOW this would be popular. You KNOW it would bring more players and keep them more active, thus buying more microtransactions and funding the game better. Why not? No challenges, no prizes, just a wonderful variety of interesting variations keeping the game fresh indefinitely, unlike Standard. People will still play temp leagues for the prizes, so no worries there. People who like a more stable experience will still go to Standard. Plus on days where someone doesn't like what FB rolled, they'll just play a different league that day. But I am quite certain this would also capture a significant part of the playerbase, including some players who otherwise leave. I would further suggest the Perm FlashBack League(s) be tuned towards players who can't play all day, while the temp leagues continue to most favor those who effectively play the game for a living. To some extent this will happen naturally anyways - with mods like Anarchy and Perandus turning on from time to time, Flashback will have a much more liberal economy than the average temp league. You might even want to consider letting players choose whether they want their temp league characters/stash to go to the relevant standard or flashback league on league end/HC death - a simple radio button in the stash and character stats panels could make this straightforward. I would encourage allowing uniques from the leagues selected on a given day to drop, as they do when Zana'ing leagues, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Thirdly, consider making prizes "pick-one-of." The Competitive league coming up isn't very appealing to me because a lot of the top prizes... are things I wouldn't even want. Tentacle wings? Infernal helm? Decidedly not my style. Try to include, at the very least, both demonic/gory AND more angelic/saintly options for each prize. The natural/woodsy lines would probably also be wise to include as a third typical option. That way people can choose to win the one that doesn't conflict with their existing style. Garish mishmashes of conflicting MTs look worse than fewer/no MTs at all. I've seen a few too many fashion disasters walking around towns.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Last edited by TheLastZica on Apr 29, 2016, 11:07:50 AM
Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 8:15:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG ignores the problems of fragmented memory so people get to play angry, therefore the leagues are good for a month or two. GGG has no courage or technical support to make a league of six months, they will go bankrupt. This event of two weeks are trying bring back the players, see, they worked planning this two weeks but they do not work to solve the memory problems, -gc 1 or 2 does not work

flashback month crash the game with rampage mode and so many players die with this, GGG needs fix all memory issues

no matter the league or the idea, if not fix memory problems, players will leave

thanks for sharing your idea
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
Last edited by Moshe_of_Succubus on Apr 29, 2016, 11:14:32 AM
Your ultimate reward is playing the game for free , stop whining already .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Your ultimate reward is playing the game for free , stop whining already .

who? I have spent money buying stash I have some of premium and normal, I dont support with more money because GGG only play with paint

image hosting more than 5mb
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
Last edited by Moshe_of_Succubus on Apr 29, 2016, 9:57:04 PM
is 2 week event the same as parandus league?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:
is 2 week event the same as parandus league?

probably not anymore.

if you want ggg to change course you just have to join the rsc (reddit shitstormer crowd).

we did it reddit!111

we let ggg divert resources needed to make the next content amazing into a 2 week short time enjoyment!11

that of course doesn't mean we will not shitstorm you if the next content isn't well tested and designed.

i sometimes feel i'm surrounded just by a bunch of kiddos who enjoy the growing power of getting what they want by blackmailing their parents.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info