Altering Minions

So, I was curious if there was anything that altered minions abilities, such as giving them new ones or perhaps changing how they worked mechanically. For instance, can you make a Flame Golem's fire based abilities pure chaos damage by using a Consuming Dark/Infernal mantle combo, which now gives them posion? Does GMP/LMP/Chain/Pierce/Fork do anything? Just basically, to what degree can you modify your base minions abilities?
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 1:16:48 PM
in general, none of the modifiers affect minions unless stated so specifically. Minions are different entities that have their own stats and skills. They are not wearing your gear nor have your passive tree

you can give them your shield using Necromantic Aegis, or your flask effects (to Zombies and Spectres) with recently added unique belt. Of course, support gems linked to minion skills will affect minion skills

you can also buff them with auras or Offering skills buffs

effects working on monster side (debuffs) will also affect minion damage. This includes curses, Elemental Equilibrium (that only you can proc, not the minions), Worthy Foe Champion perk, Taryns shiver mod, etc

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 29, 2016, 11:39:37 AM
A few additional odd ways you can alter your minions:

Socketing a minion gem into a Malachai's Artifice will make any minion summoned by that skill gem apply the smaller Elemental Equilibrium debuff on hit.

Socketing a minion gem into a Kongming's Stratagem will make any minion summoned by that skill gem create a smoke cloud when their traps detonate. As far as I know the only minions that currently throw traps are Undying Alchemists or Undying Incinerators raised as spectres.

Sire of Shards can make a minion's projectiles fire in a nova. Some minions, such as Stygian Revenants and Tentacle Miscreations raised as spectres, already have special projectile patterns that overide the nova mod so they "only" get the +4 projectiles.

Mon'tregul's Grasp gives Zombies a form of Infernal Blow.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info