Crit Chance Break Down

I've been mucking around with various CoC builds and while a lot of advice says to use specific weapons, thanks to high base crit and various weapon mods to improve crit, how feasible is it to do a CoC build with a generic 5% base crit melee weapon? Is it not possible or simply more difficult? I know ascendancies can help out (looking at you Assassin). As far as I'm concerned, any other item slot can be used with uniques or BiS to achieve feasibility.

Thanks for any info / advice in advance! If possible, a break down of where the various Crit chance comes from would be wonderful.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 10:43:59 AM
It's perfectly possible now, increased crit strikes gem would give you 2% base crit and unstable infusion with modest 6 charges another 3%. That's 10% base, as much as decent wands had pre-2.0, you can hit the crit cap easily.

The big question is why would you bother, the usual coc weapons are fast and can have spell damage bonuses, CoC builds tend to be somewhat short in damage increase department so it helps a bunch.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 29, 2016, 10:38:01 AM
"
raics wrote:

The big question is why would you bother

Precisely.

The two types of melee weapons used for CoC builds are sceptres and daggers - with good reason. They are simply the most effective weapons for this purpose. They have a higher base crit chance and they can roll caster mods.

You could theoretically do it, it would just be weak.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 29, 2016, 10:58:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info