Discovered Cause of Frozen on Login

Hello,

I have been having a long time issue over past few weeks after resent patch updates into 2.2.
A sort of render issue developed where the game render would freeze as soon as the login screen loads up but yet you can hear the rain and background music. Today I discovered the cause.

My computer has NZXT Cam Monitoring software installed cause I have NZXT HUE+ Lighting device. In the Cam software there is an Option for FPS overlay that shows all kinds of information. Stuff like FPS, Cpu & Gpu info temps, total Ram used, current local time and what not. It would seem that GGG newest updates to the game changed something in the Render process that conflicts with how FPS overlay is used. I would post this in the NZXT Cam forum as well but it seems like they never answer their bug reports. also seeing that the Cam software version hasn't changed that leaves GGG at fault with latest patch update.

So if you experience Frozen login screen ans have Cam software from NZXT installed, Disable FPS overlay and then run game again.

Hope this helps, and hope that GGG will post on here if they got this msg and are looking into it.
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 10:36:55 PM
I love you for this. I was having the same problem, and your solution turned out to be mine as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info