Herald of Ash + Oro's Sacrifice question.

Simple question, but does HoA work with Oro's?
The bonus fire damage obviously doesn't, but will the Overkill Ingite work? Both the extra AoE damage and Oro's giving me a Frenzy Charge(not that I need it with this build).
And this is just for me trying to figure out a setup for Curse Immune maps.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 5:08:06 PM

Haven't test for a while, but I think there's nothing change much since rampage league. So, my info should be accurate though.

Initial Buff:

1. Because HOA added 15% physical dmg as fire dmg. Oro's doesn't have physical portion, so this damage bonus won't apply.

2. HOWEVER, the quality bonus of HOA, 15% increased fire damage at 20% quality, does apply to Oro's because this buff is global and apply to both spell and attack.

Overkill Effect (Secondary effect):

1. Overkill effect requires attack to trigger, but it doesn't specify which elements (phy/element/chaos) of overkill damage. So, overkill damage from using oro's with attack will trigger HOA secondary effect.

2. The ignite from overkill effect of HOA WILL NOT GIVE U FRENZY CHARGE. The reason is that ignite from HOA is not an attack; it is secondary effect.
"
build8991 wrote:

Haven't test for a while, but I think there's nothing change much since rampage league. So, my info should be accurate though.

Initial Buff:

1. Because HOA added 15% physical dmg as fire dmg. Oro's doesn't have physical portion, so this damage bonus won't apply.

2. HOWEVER, the quality bonus of HOA, 15% increased fire damage at 20% quality, does apply to Oro's because this buff is global and apply to both spell and attack.

Overkill Effect (Secondary effect):

1. Overkill effect requires attack to trigger, but it doesn't specify which elements (phy/element/chaos) of overkill damage. So, overkill damage from using oro's with attack will trigger HOA secondary effect.

2. The ignite from overkill effect of HOA WILL NOT GIVE U FRENZY CHARGE. The reason is that ignite from HOA is not an attack; it is secondary effect.

If this info is accurate, that answered every single one of my possible questions. Cheers mate.
"
build8991 wrote:

One minor correction:
Damage has four mutually exclusive sources; Attack, Spell, Damage over Time and secondary*.
Ignite deals Damage over Time, which means it can never count as an Attack. That is why you don't get Attack-specific on-Kill effects through Ignite. Whether that Ignite comes from your own hit or Herald of Ash doesn't matter.

* = Secondary Damage is simply "none of the aforementioned". This includes sources such as Detonate Dead and Bear Trap, which deal non-Attack Damage that also doesn't scale with Spell Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 28, 2016, 7:45:35 AM
Time to nitpick the nitpick!

"
Vipermagi wrote:
That is why you don't get Attack-specific on-Kill effects through Ignite. Whether that Ignite comes from your own hit or Herald of Ash doesn't matter.

While what you say is technically true, it can be misleading in the context of this thread. Note that Oro's Sacrifice's unique mod is not an on-Kill effect, and thus whether the Ignite comes from your own Hit or Herald of Ash does matter for Oro's unique effect, which states "if an Attack Ignites an Enemy."

For what I think is the clearest way to nitpick the original statement: simply insert "from" between "not" and "an attack." Easy!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Whoops I forgot what an Oro's is. Good catch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info