New "Nightmare" Difficulty Mode

Even harder mode of all acts, this should be optional challenge content. After you beat Malachai at merciless, you'll have option (or it can drop something like fragments? :D ) to start even harder mode of all acts. Every act should have different (invisible??) map modes. They change every day and every act has different modes. Just don't make straight copy of map modes, invent new ones. Make it so hard that even on lvl 100 it's very challenging and only 1% of player base can beat it ;)

Nightmare should have dark atmosphere, like that dark red theme on corrupted areas or when you push that ancient seal at act 2. NPCs don't reward you with accessory or points. Maybe there should be only Cadiro Perandus alone to offer you an item, if you have completed tasks? If you die in Nightmare, you loose all your progression, you spawn at merciless act 4 and you have to restart by killing Malachai again. Nigtmare covers all three acts. If you have completed Nightmare you'll be rewarded and your character respawns at merciless. You can still restart nightmare again. At nightmare you should also gain access to nightmare version of labyrinth.

Also make existing difficulty modes to change from the middle of acts. Like normal should end when you make it to The Vaal Ruins and cruel should end when Lady Dialla gives you a reward or something like that. It only needs some balance and exp adjustment.
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 1:58:54 PM
Should be in Feedback and Suggestions O_o
i wish they'd implemented this instead of rinth.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
3 is too much anyways. :V I'd say less, not more.

Also, you basically invented HC, with reverting your character to Act 4 Merciless, instead of Act 1 Normal. Welp.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
We already had Nightmare difficulty a year or so ago :)

No no more fucking difficulties.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Perq wrote:
3 is too much anyways. :V I'd say less, not more.

Also, you basically invented HC, with reverting your character to Act 4 Merciless, instead of Act 1 Normal. Welp.

If we won't have to play 4 acts again with every 3 difficulty, then this would not be a problem, also it's optional. You only have to beat story once to get nightmare. And it's not HC, you don't lose your character.
It's a decent idea, i like it.

So a new 80-100 difficulty, without power creep (compared to maps) and the same loot than the 75+ maps?

If it's an alternative to end game maping with decent loot potential and difficulty at sanity level, then it's fine for me.

Also the fact that you must redo the entire progression from the start if you die is relatively weird, it seems boring.

Well maybe the suppression of the waypoints would be enough.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Hmm if that will be optional then why not, some players could run it instead of maps and maps and maps :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info