[2.2] Beta Quill-CoC - Full Screen Shatter - 100% pierce

Version 0.2 Beta 26.4.16

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

all spelling mistakes are made on purpose and belong to the finder.

Since this is my first build on Forum, that i like to share, im open to discuss all possible improvements and try out some stuff.

The Idea
Quill Rain's High Atk speed in Combination with 3 (actually im using 2) Volley Fire Jewels to cast Spells on Crit. Additionally we make use on the Drillneck to increase our Projectile DMG per Pierce chance.

Pros
-Fast Clear
-High Dmg
-200+ % Projectile Speed
-Can run High level maps (T14 tested and succesfull deathless)
-Shatter
-Automatic Power + Frenzy Charge generation
-Reflect Immune (With Flaskes)
-Fast Flask recharge
-100% Pierce (No arrow was wasted)
-Low Lag for CoC (really BIG packs can still lag you)
-Fun
-Easy Leveling
-Reflect Maps(change spells for them)
-~5k life at 90

Cons

-Can get 1 hittet
-Gear Costs ~20 ex
-Double Reflect Maps not Possible
-Blood Magic Maps and Curse immune Difficult (but possible)
-Devourers , Spikers are dangerous!
-Chaos Res may be hard to archieve

Skilltree

My current Tree (87)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEAx4DlgUtBbUNjQ3RES8WvxvIH0EhdiLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqWysKMHEwfDIBNj031DpCOyhDMUM2R35KfUtXS3hM_02STipRR1LsVUtbr13yX7BgQ2HiYqxjQ2VNbIxtbG49b55wUnTtdct3B3n2eu97bnvDgwmExYbOhweHE4d2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo2_lyGbJptdm7WcpJ2qo4qkeKYypzSocqiasVuyGbVIuXy9Nr6AvqfAnMDjwTPBfMHVwuzDOspKzZjPes_d1CPawd2o3vjjhOOf51TndOjW6mLssO0_7g7xivGz8pf8xf_e?accountName=itsblessy&characterName=TWI_Blessy

Ascendancy

-Shadow's Assassin and Ranger's Deadeye

Bandit Choice :
- Normal: Oak
- Cruel: Skill
- Merci: Power or Frenzy

Required Jewels

You Definitly need 3 of these Beautys

Example Gear and Links

Important Flask Setup

The Flaskes Boosts both our Surviveability and our DMG output so use them! We get a lot of Flask charges anyway!

Gem Links

Bow - Works squishy from a 4 L

Barrage - Cast On Crit - Inc Crit - Ethereal Knives (4 L)- Spark(5 L) - Faster Projectile (6 L)

Helmet
Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Poacher's Mark

Gloves

Vaal Haste - Inc Duration - Empower - Portal

Boots
Summon Ice Golem - Enlighten - Clarity - Blink Arrow

Last edited by itsblessy on Apr 26, 2016, 5:35:23 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 11:25:04 AM
isn't it just pretty much the same as what mathil did?
"

can you link me to his thread i dont seem to find it :/
"

this is basically the same as what everyone is doing. everybody is doing cast on crit quill rain. spells and supports seem to vary slightly, passives slightly as well, but a lot of people are making this build.

i made this build as shadow. physical variation (ek, bladefall, glacial cascade). though its better as a ground slam CoC build, but using quill rain is fun
Looks like we both posted similar guides - mine's at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1653951

I've gone a slightly different route though, Deadeye - Berserker (Though I do discuss that Assassin might be a better option).
I've got less crit but I'm a bit tankier - more life, more evasion.

Few queries about your version though

- You say shatter, is herald of ice enough to shatter mobs? partially why I run freezing pulse.

- Vessel of vinktar without a grounding flask sounds a bit risky to me

- Quartz flask is a nice idea though, I might grab one instead of my quicksilver/stibnite as it's good synergy with my boots/enchant.

- How are you finding your single target against tankier bosses? I'm still finding it a little erratic, sometimes they go down quickly, sometimes it's a struggle. Levelled spell gems and a bit more proj damage will help though.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Looks like we both posted similar guides - mine's at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1653951

I've gone a slightly different route though, Deadeye - Berserker (Though I do discuss that Assassin might be a better option).
I've got less crit but I'm a bit tankier - more life, more evasion.

Nice to see Similar Builds around and other ppl's choice to make a Build happen.

"
Carlovski wrote:

Few queries about your version though

- You say shatter, is herald of ice enough to shatter mobs? partially why I run freezing pulse.

Yes it is :) i made a quick snippet about it as you can see im getting frenzy charges trough shatter curse on hit (HoT disabled for the duration of the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y0DXl3vaA&feature=youtu.be

"
Carlovski wrote:

- Vessel of vinktar without a grounding flask sounds a bit risky to me

You are right i should change that ! But i dont know where right now using the quartz as a movement speed boost.

"
Carlovski wrote:

- Quartz flask is a nice idea though, I might grab one instead of my quicksilver/stibnite as it's good synergy with my boots/enchant.

First i was running with Atziri Steps 2 theire a nice boost to surviveability, though they dont offer any Resistance and thats what i was struggeling with :/ maybe i can get an Amulet with enough str to keep my Kaoms and with enough Resis that i can drop my rares and go back to Steps.

"
Carlovski wrote:

- How are you finding your single target against tankier bosses? I'm still finding it a little erratic, sometimes they go down quickly, sometimes it's a struggle. Levelled spell gems and a bit more proj damage will help though.

Its mostly Ok not far as good as a CoC discharge but they dont have our Area clear either :D
Last edited by itsblessy on Apr 27, 2016, 12:04:06 PM
Yeah if you look at my guide I go through the struggle to get resists. I had to drop crit gloves for rare and use a resist jewel. Could probably get crit gloves again if I switched in another resist/life jewel (Would be more efficient, only got 10% crit chance and Multi on current jewel) but I quite like the life and accuracy too. Maybe for endgame min-maxing.

I've re-jigged as well to drop the scion life nodes and grab the rest of the projectile damage earlier, will just grab the remaining life nodes for now. If I take it past 91/92 then I can grab the life wheel again. Still will have 5.5k life this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info