[2.2 OCC] CI Hidden Potential Caustic Arrow Uber Atziri viable

Hi guys, given the fact that i didn't see any CI CA builds for 2.2 I thought about making one myself. It's my first time doing this so all feedback is welcome. I know there is people playing this build or a close variation so let me know how it's going for you.

Achievements of this build

Spoiler

Uber Atziri (2 deaths) In my third try doing uber I died once at vaals and once at atziri. I'm sure it can be done deathless with better mechanics

Core (Normal mods, nothing too dangerous) Deathless until last phase of malachai. When the last phase starts my fps goes to shit (I die quite a bit in this phase)

Run high tier maps (T13-T15) without dying and with good clear speed

Pros and Cons

Spoiler

Pros

- Can do every single map mod except blood magic

- Very good clear speed in high tier maps

- Pretty good defenses (Up to +10k ES / 9k Evasion (27k with flask) / temporal chains)

- Normal Atziri it's easy

- Uber Atziri viable (If u plan to farm uber there are better choices than CA but it can be done anyways)

- HC viable (You would have to change some things)

Cons

- No regen maps are doable but can be annoying

- Can't do blood magic maps

- I don't know if it's a good idea to start with this build as your first character in a fresh league since you need ilvl84 bases. I say this because it was my second character and had all the gear ready, up to you

- This build can get expensive if you want to push it to high lvl content (uber & T15 maps)

- This build isn't very good in groups sadly (don't gain dps from auras(only vulnerability) and since our dmg it's DoT everything will be killed before we do anything most of the times)

Skilltree / Bandits / Ascendancy

Spoiler

Current Tree (lvl 96) (118points)

Possible Tree (lvl 100) (122points)

"
If everything it's min/maxed we can take off 3 nodes from the current tree (+30 str / 6%ES from the foresight wheel and influence) and gain 40 dex,1 jewel socket,1frenzy,and 28%evasion(full frenzy charges). I don't know if this is the best lvl 100 tree, feel free to leave another one if u think it's better.

Bandits

Spoiler

Normal - KILL ALL
Cruel - KILL ALL
Merciless - HELP KRAITYN

Ascendancy

Spoiler

"
This is my personal choice but you can go either Profane Bloom or Vile Bastion. Since we have no stun inmmunity Vile Bastion it's very good as well. Offensive wise - Profane Bloom. Defensive wise - Vile Bastion.

Current gear [PSC]

Spoiler

Jewels

Spoiler

"
At lvl 96 we have available 4 jewels sockets. Two of them are hidden potential and energy from within. The other two are rares. Use them to fit whatever u need for the build (res,dmg,es)

Stats you can look for
- % damage
- Chaos damage
- Damage over time
- Projectile damage
- Area damage (doesn't count towards tooltip dmg)
- %ES
- Resistances

Offense

Spoiler

"
Cloud damage @hideout

Spoiler

"
Can't wear it atm since it's not rolled but it's there so you can see the dmg upgrade. Cloud damage @hideout +

Spoiler

"
Cloud damage +6frenzy charges

Spoiler

"
Cloud damage +6frenzy charges +

Spoiler

Defense

Spoiler

"
Character tab lvl 96

Spoiler

"
Defenses with flasks up (jade+sorrow+granite)

Spoiler

"
Defenses with flasks up (jade+sorrow+basalt)

Spoiler

"
Defenses with flask up (jade+sorrow+basalt+granite)

Spoiler

Auras

Spoiler

"
This part of the build can go in different ways depending on what you want/afford.

My current setup is : discipline + grace + blasphemy (temporal chains).
For this setup you need a 5L and a lvl4 enlighten (lvl3 enlighten leave us with a tiny mana pool and it's annoying). We have 16% reduced mana reserved on the tree and this setup leave us with 11%mana unreserved (106mana in my case) which it's decent.

Other setups : discipline + blasphemy (double curse). Still using a 5L but an enlighten lvl2 would be more than enough.

Discipline + grace + artic armour. A four link it's enough for this setup + enlighten lvl2 or lvl3. This is the setup you would use in curse inmmune maps in case you have the first setup.

Discipline + artic armour + blasphemy (any curse). You don't need anything special for this setup and can fit a clarity as well.

"
In case you want to use double curse you would have to tweak the tree. In my opinion the best setup if you can afford it, it's the first one.

Flasks

Spoiler

"
Current flask setup :

The quicksilver should have grounding

"
Setup without quicksilver :

Gem Setup

Spoiler

BOW 6l BRGGGG : caustic arrow + AOE + empower + pierce + rapid decay + void manipulation (conc effect single target)

"
Caustic arrow setup

CHEST 6s5l 1B / BBBGG : vaal discipline / enlighten + blasphemy + temporal chains + discipline + grace

"
Aura setup + vaal discipline

HELMET 4l BRRR : vaal lightning trap + CWDT + immortal call + increased duration

"
CWDT setup and vaal lightning trap

BOOTS 4l RGGG : frenzy + blink arrow + faster attacks + reduced mana

"
Movement skill and frenzy charge generation. I use reduced mana because of my mana pool (106 mana) and this helps a bit

GLOVES 4l BBRR : spell totem + wither + faster casting + rallying cry

"
Damage boost basically. You can have a flame golem here instead if you don't want to use wither

Gear choices and rolling magic gear

Spoiler

"
UNIQUES :

Spoiler

Drillneck or Soul Strike(hc most likely)
Blood dance
Hidden potential
Energy from within

"
BOW and crafting +3 :

Spoiler

I have this bow in my current gear because it was dirty cheap and was ilvl84. The best bases for this build are Maraketh bow (6% mov speed) or Thicket bow (high attack speed).

How to craft a +3 bow :

1- Get a bow with ilvl 64 or higher
2- Spam alterations/augmentations until you hit +2 socketed bow gems and a suffix
3- Regal it. If you hit a prefix on the regal scour the bow. If you hit a suffix get to the next step
4- Now you have a bow with +2 bow socketed gems and 2 suffixes. Craft Catarina 8 (cannot roll attack mods -1ex)
5- Exalt the bow, which will result in getting +1 socketed gems
6- Scour the catarina craft
7- Craft leo mod (damage over time)

Basically with this method you can try to get resists on the suffixes so it's easier to fix the resists with the magic gear. Attack speed it's good as well.

"
CHEST:

Spoiler

We are looking for a rare chest with +600/650 ES and as much resistances as possible.

"

HELMET - GLOVES - BELT :

Spoiler

We are looking for sorcerer gloves ilvl84 / hubris circlet ilvl84 / chain belt or heavy belt (so we can remove the +30str from the tree) ilvl84.

First we have the resists from the chest and now we will craft the 3 mentioned here. We want T1 %ES + T1 resist on gloves and helmet. On the belt we want T1 #ES and T1 resist.

"
X2 RINGS AND AMULET :

Spoiler

We will craft jewellery last because I found easier to hit high #es rolls on rings than hitting high %ES on gloves/helmet so we want to keep the ones from gloves/helmet and fix it with rings/amulet.

For the rings we are looking for T1 #ES + T1 resist (you will choose the bases based on the resists you have from the rest of the gear).

For the amulet we are looking for T1 %ES + T1 resist (citrine base str+dex)

Videos

Spoiler

Normal Atziri run

Uber Atziri run

T14 Palace enfeeble,-max,monster dmg,onslaught

T14 Shrine ele weakness,-max,double boss,beyond

Last edited by BLITX on Apr 25, 2016, 12:23:28 PM
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2016, 11:06:12 AM
Updated with some videos
looks amazing!! thanks for sharing
i never thought ca can uber
Last edited by zarara on May 1, 2016, 11:01:13 AM
you can do uber atziri with 35k chaos damage?
I've already tried a ca occ witch, at around 20-30k with a lot of investment in scaling chaos damage and d o t.. the damage is abysmal. against bosses, because they have chaos resistance, 30k doesn't even matter. I never made it to tier 14-15
The boss dmg on most CA builds has always been like that. Given the 10k ES though, you wont have problems kiting it around.

I might give it a try again, now that we have +2 pts, that can go for a dual curse or energy regen for A LOT more survival while killing.
Last edited by xecutable on Nov 3, 2016, 11:07:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info