[2.2] Windz's Lazy Essence Drainer HCP (no contagion) Atziri and T15 viable

Just want to share a build that I have been enjoying on HCP on my lvl 86 Elementalist Witch

This is an essence drain build that does not use contagion. It still uses the traditional wither + spell totem + spell casting for single target.

How this build works:

100% pierce allows us to hit most of the mobs with GMP. Once the elementalist's conflux procs, we can ignite/shock/chill all mobs and prolif on top of the ED's built in chaos DoT. Also with consuming dark, we can poison the mobs giving us 3 sources of DoT. Lastly, we use any elemental damage to spell on offhand weapon to proc EE to further increase the ignite damage.

So the idea is to scale damage over time and projectile damage.

Not claiming this build is better than the traditional ED build, but rather a different variety.

Passive Tree:
Spoiler

http://tinyurl.com/zl8c4uw

Tree gives us dual curse with curse effectiveness for more damage and safety with vulnerability/temp chains.

Ascendancy:
Elementalist
Spoiler

Shaper of Desolation
Beacon of Ruin
Liege of the Primordial

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal - life
Cruel - cast speed
Merci - passive

Recommended Gears:

allows us to poison mobs with repeated casts (useful for single target)

proj speed, proj damage and life. Perfect for this build.

My Current gears:
Spoiler

Mana regen on jewelries recommended to help us cast frequently.

Just testing out deodre's scorn since it is a generic 40% increase damage on top to 20% elemental damage. However, I would suggest a rare helm with life/res and try to get essence drain enchant on it.

Links:

Spoiler

Main spell:
In the order of priority:

Essence Drain
GMP
Pierce
Void Manupilation
Rapid Decay
Controlled Destruction/Slower projectile (depends on preference, but I do think slower proj gives us more damage since it double dips on poison and ignite)

I do recommend that you have at least a 5link since we are running GMP's hefty less multiplier.

Other links:
3L:
Wither
Spell Totem
Faster Casting

3L:
Whirling Blades
Faster Attacks
Fortify

3/4L:
CWDT
Immortal Call
Inc Duration
Molten Shell (optional)

Any slot:
Flame Golem
Enduring cry

Aura/Buffs:

Blasphemy
Temp Chains
Vulnerabilty

Tooltip pictures
Spoiler

In hideout with my flame golem:

GMP:

With slower projectile(replace GMP for single target):

Videos:
Spoiler

Gorge Run:
https://youtu.be/72RFeMGRQaA

Sorry for the fps lag, my laptop isn't doing well as it used to.
I did go back to pick up loot also.

Achvievement Section:

T15 Abyss

Spoiler

(lost the screenshot when the achievement for killing t15 kaom popped out)

FAQ:

Spoiler

Why flame golem over chaos golem?

Either golems work fine depending on your playstyle. Flame golem gives us 40% generic damage boost with double dips with our poison and ignite while also giving our ignite 40% increased damage. Chaos golem gives us 40% increased chaos damage which increases ED's initial hit, dot and poison. Unfortunately, we still only get 3-4% physical damage reduction instead of doubled bonuses because it isn't an elemental golem.

I'm fully aware this build lacks defense and will be trying to figure out a way to improve on that.

Critiques/questions and ideas for improvements are welcome.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by windz on Apr 9, 2016, 10:37:32 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 12:54:19 AM
Have you thought about using Bino's Kitchen Knife or tested it?
reddit.com/r/pathofexile
"
Racalniog wrote:
Have you thought about using Bino's Kitchen Knife or tested it?

Hey there

I haven't tested it, but im sure it wouldn't work as well as you think because it would only spread the poison stack which is only 10-20% of the initial hit since I dont cast more than once or twice per pack.
tooltip?
"
tooltip?

updated with gmp and with slower proj for single target

also ran some achievements on this character, killing atziri and t15 abyss kaom
I built my own tree to be hybrid but ed with prolif/elementalist nodes and poison is incredible clear.

GJ #Nicebuild
"
SenyaPoet wrote:
I built my own tree to be hybrid but ed with prolif/elementalist nodes and poison is incredible clear.

GJ #Nicebuild

yeah i was debating on doing more hybrid because u get the dual es/life clusters. i believe hybrid is the best was to go for defense w/o changing much
Hello, just made some maths, so assuming I'm getting the mechanisms right :

Poison damage : 10% of initial hit ; 640% increase from tree + double fire golem + equipment ; 193% more damage from gems (with slower proj), vulnerability 33%*1.4 increased damage taken. Taking your 10k tooltip it deals 31 655 dps. Stacking for 3 seconds (50% increased duration from tree), you deal 2 hits / second on tooltip which gives us 190k dps (assuming you can fire at will). Not taking any shock into account, as in single target you might not get it a lot.

I don't know if the ignite is really worth it : do you need the cleaning buff that much ?
Last edited by Vevert on Apr 20, 2016, 3:31:41 AM
"
Vevert wrote:
Hello, just made some maths, so assuming I'm getting the mechanisms right :

Poison damage : 10% of initial hit ; 640% increase from tree + double fire golem + equipment ; 193% more damage from gems (with slower proj), vulnerability 33%*1.4 increased damage taken. Taking your 10k tooltip it deals 31 655 dps. Stacking for 3 seconds (50% increased duration from tree), you deal 2 hits / second on tooltip which gives us 190k dps (assuming you can fire at will). Not taking any shock into account, as in single target you might not get it a lot.

I don't know if the ignite is really worth it : do you need the cleaning buff that much ?

the ignite portion probably isnt significant, but it does deal enough dmg that it can kill white/blues with just the prolif from the dead corpses. it just helps with the stragglers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info