[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

@DeathSpam - Couldn't be happier you are enjoying the build! I like the defensive adjustments for what feels good to you. Cheers! Looking forward to hearing more as you progress!

@fortunate1220 - Thanks for all the Scion version feedback! I'll add a scion section soon, in good detial based off all your info!!

@Stormii - Seems people are finding that "sweet spot" for dmg vs speed vs defense, glad there is lots of flexibility to find what works for you. Warlords is great as it lets you worry about the regen a bit less. Super glad you're loving the build, that's why I made the guide for feedback like this! Thanks man.

New video up for the Ranger Pathfinder Version
T14 with Enfeeble, - max, onslaught, added lightning, EE
Some close calls but I play SC the way its meant to be played fast, reckless, and occasionally regretful !
https://youtu.be/2cs8QtzQCPQ
how much cost a culling strike wand?
I've been in a couple of other thread about taking Profane Bloom in the Occultist ascendancy to take your %-chance to 60%, which also leads to an additional curse. What's your take on that path?
Profane bloom does look good, but iirc, profane bloom damage doesn't scale with aoe/chaos/generic. I might be wrong though. What does OP think?
"
zharmad wrote:
I've been in a couple of other thread about taking Profane Bloom in the Occultist ascendancy to take your %-chance to 60%, which also leads to an additional curse. What's your take on that path?

I personally dont think the chance is that useful as this build does not lack clearing speed against packs, but bosses or uniques with no adds.
And it requires cursing enemies to explode. You are killing mobs off-screen already, I don't think the blasphemy gem has that large aoe, unless you have the curse on hit gloves.

Additional curses are always nice tho.
Last edited by gogoletsgo on Apr 25, 2016, 5:53:48 AM
awesome build!
Praise Bisco the Doge <3
After looking over the build and the variants and improvements I could make, I wanted to ask some questions. I really want to reroll my assassin before the end of perandus and this build is exactly what I want. How does critical damage play into this build?

How would a shadow work with this build? I would most likely use the ranger build located near the bottom of the guide with the follow ascendancy:

(1) Trickster (Frenzy charges)
1st Ghost Dance
2nd Shade Form
3rd Swift Killer (+1 Frenzy) or Patient Reaper (increased DoT)

This would be very straightforward and complement the frenzy charges and speed already in this build. The ranger pathfinder was nice for the flask effect, but I would rather not have to rely on flasks like that since it seems like too much work to keep them up.

-

(2) Assassin (hybrid power charges?)
1st Toxic Delivery
2nd Unstable Infusion
3rd Deadly Infusion

This would be a hybrid power/frenzy charge build, and I would go for the +1 power charge from bandits to get 4 power and 6 frenzy total. The assassin ascendancy really scales the power charges to a ton of damage and I was interested in throwing critical chance/multiplier onto the gear in this build to really buff the damage to crazy amounts. My current build uses this ascendancy and the crit really amps up the damage to insane levels so I could only imagine what it would do here.

I've looked through this thread to see what items some others have used, but what would you recommend if cost is not an issue in regards to doing the highest possible damage? I do not mind giving up health / survivability for clear speed or damage.
Praise Bisco the Doge <3
Last edited by Whiskeys on Apr 25, 2016, 8:26:06 AM
@Whiskeys:
Something like this? LINK
@Stormii:

Yeah, that is awesome. I am not a fan of CI though so I took out a lot of the ES and went further down the skill tree for more damage.

I really think I might reroll into this later today ;P

Updated Hybrid Passive Tree
Praise Bisco the Doge <3
Last edited by Whiskeys on Apr 25, 2016, 12:32:04 PM
"
how much cost a culling strike wand?

I won't tell you what I got mine for, since it was quite low before I made the guide. For me, I rate corrupted items in the cost of attempts in what I'd "expect" to make them. In this case, I would hope you could get the wand in 25 tries, so (25c + 25 vaal orbs) is a rough estimate.

"
zharmad wrote:

I personally dont think the chance is that useful as this build does not lack clearing speed against packs, but bosses or uniques with no adds.
And it requires cursing enemies to explode. You are killing mobs off-screen already, I don't think the blasphemy gem has that large aoe, unless you have the curse on hit gloves.

Additional curses are always nice tho.

For the most part I agree 100% with what gogoletsgo has said. Applying the curse is a nuisance and we don't need 60% chance to explode. A few pages back in the thread, I tried a CI variant. I think the strength of Occultist is not in 60% chance to explode, but in the fact you can drop a wand, keep 40% and add a shield. It worked, though it felt clunkier and had less damage. I need to explore it further, I just haven't yet. Pretty sure with the right gear you could get to enormous ES numbers while still clearing pretty fast.
"
Profane bloom does look good, but iirc, profane bloom damage doesn't scale with aoe/chaos/generic. I might be wrong though. What does OP think?

The damage does get scaled the same way, only issue is that the mobs need to be cursed.
"
How would a shadow work with this build? I would most likely use the ranger build located near the bottom of the guide with the follow ascendancy:

I have not had the chance to mess around with the Shadow yet. If you are looking for max dps from the shadow side, it would be the Assassin, no doubt. IMHO the tree you linked simply doesn't have enough ES or Life, and I love a good glass cannon build so that's saying something. NOTE that the problem with Hybrid is that you need to get your frenzy charges from somewhere besides blood rage, the degen will be too strong. Here is a QUICK recommendation of a life based tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotkyMiM2yBQQklMQ9W_ZhmqMvG8WvyaVD6th4m1sJItVSzY9tUjssMM6jDZVhZ2qG8iMC4ngm7UqOInTpctsjM_d44S5fOZYhMVwUmKs8YoN0Q5Ikx8qC7TFY0Nd8hGWSRPC7AceBbUqW5Uujb959vDVUUfUI0M2j_pJUTB8N9Q-z-dUMHFS7FxAjX3tP73mJP3dqIfLI_b_3kt4p5tNkqOKOkJ1nu4OzxX8xQ2NFfZbr4d2YnlOKuOfAAZM_yPTSn1DMW8nwzPawY1-mmrgn1oaLlN07c2YBWbTbwUt6mJ673XLvqdlTb02R34GcE6fen8AAA== For assassin get Unstable infusion, Deadly infusion, Toxic delivery or Ambush (Your Choice). With some crit on your gear, you should easily reach 95% crit with power charges up. Make sure to get accuracy, it will be just as important as crit!! After you get to crit cap (I think this will be just shadow and dust gloves and diamond rings) max out crit multi as much as you can. Hope this helps. If you do go a glass cannon crit route, let us know how it goes!!
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 25, 2016, 2:38:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info