The Complete Life Based Elemental Spec Throw Guide (2.2)

Hello fellow Exiles, I'm JLS_ and this is my guild on how to make a extremely fun Spectral Throw Character
Me Looking Good ;^)

So lets start off with pros and cons
>Pros:
-High damage
-Atziri viable(Uber Maybe)
-Fun and fast playstyle
-Can be cheap
-Great League starting build
-Multiple Different Ways to Play and Build
>Cons:
-Can be Very expensive if you want to max out dps(not needed)
-Fast playstyle can be too much for some people
-Elemental damage at later map levels needs a six link
-Can't do some map mods
-Reflect can be an issue if you don't take steps to prevent it

Something id like to mention: I chose Elemental because in my experience phys ST requires too many points and needs a lot more investment to get started and do good damage

Before choosing a build remember that the Dagger versions have the most dps, but is also the most expensive and needs a lot more levels, the Rapiers version is a lot more budget friendly and still does good damage

Build Versions
I have multiple versions of this build so chose to how you plan to play (planned to level ~90) Bandits remain the same for all: Oak - Attack speed/Passive point - Frenzy

(Hardcore) Duelist Start and use a Rapier (more HP and Permentent fortify)
(Softcore) Shadow Start and use a Dagger (A lot of damage and fastest playstyle, not as much survivability)

For Scion Builds the Ascendancy is more preference, Berserker, Assassin, Elementalist, Inquisitor, and all the ranger ascendancy's are good

(Softcore) Scion Start and use a Dagger (Not yet tested, but it may have the best of all three softcore versions)
(Softcore) Scion Start and use a Rapier (Preference of using Swords in stead of Daggers still very strong)

(Softcore) Ranger can start rapier or dagger the version I linked is rapier, also ascendancy for ranger is your choice there is no right choice (I have not done or tested this because i think Scion and Shadow are better starts and better ascendancy, but i have yet to test)

Where to put Static Electricity
This is the best spot, if you path through it And if you don't path though that this is the next best spot

Links
Chest
Chest 6l: ST-GMP-WED-ADDED LIGHTNING-FASTER ATTACKS/ADDED COLD-LIGHTNING PEN
You might be asking why added cold and that is because with my dagger the faster attacks doesn't add much while added cold doesn't reduce clear speed it makes us more likely to one shot a mob, this all depends on how good your gear is, mine is good so added cold is better for me, but for you faster attacks may be better, Lightning Pen Is something you will need in later maps like T11 and up

Auras
Auras: Wrath and Herald of Ice or Thunder(your choice) linked with curse on hit Assassin's Mark

Movement
Movement: Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks, Blood magic, Fortify

Buffs
Buffs: Increased duration Blood Rage, Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace

GEAR (I play Standard, but you can get similar stuff in temp leagues)

My Gear w/ Prices
All my jewelry was bought for an ex or below so 4ex total(including belt)

My weapon is basically my best piece of gear and got it really cheap, 4ex, they should cost like 6 or 7ex, but a cheap one will still get you far ,

Flasks

How to Stop Reflect
To stop reflect you have three options Vaal Pact, Atziri's Promis, or Vessel of Vinktar. All three of them have their own down and up sides, Vaal Pact allows you to have what ever flasks you want but makes you take more damage from blood rage because of no life regen and costs points to get to if your not near it, Atziri's Promis is cheap and helps throughout maps, but it is unreliable and if you are unlucky you can still do massive damage to yourself, Vessel of Vinktar adds a lot of damage and basically makes you immune to reflect, but is expensive and often hard to get in the beginning of a league, and it takes up another flask slot to get rid of the shock

For most people Atziri's Promis will be fine

The Secret to Buying Good Jewelry
So the secret to buying good Jewelry is to use poe.trade and find rings with WED, Accuracy, and resits as well as an open prefix so you can craft life, this also works with belts but just take out the accuracy, with amulets try and find one with the stats you need like Strength and Int and life and one or two of these stats: WED, Crit Multi, Crit Chance, or Flat Elemental Damage then you will often have an open prefix or suffix, craft what ever is best

Map Mods You Can't/Shouldn't Do
Blood Magic-Although it is possible the danger and DPS loss from no auras makes it not worth running
Elemental Reflect-You Know Why
Temp Chains-In High maps Temp Chains makes it not fun to play if you can't keep up Vaal Haste so most of the time roll over it unless the other mods are good

Newest Dagger
I just got this dagger, it is in no way needed that you need something of this level

DPS
In Hideout no Blood Rage: 24.5k
With charges and Blood Rage: 63.7k
In my experience with worse gear just knock off 4k dps off each of these
Defenses
Life: 5097
Armour: So little it doesn't even matter
Chance to Dodge Attacks: 35%
Videos and Video Guide
Guide: https://youtu.be/fA6SougHDnA
Wasteland run with enfeeble: https://youtu.be/H5oGxzhbXP0

Across Three Characters I have spent in the ball park of 15-20ex(A LOT OF REGRETS SPENT) but if done on budget can be done for an ex or less

This DPS is outdated but still true I have sense upgraded my dagger and quality gems, I am now at the point of one shotting my self to reflect and need to buy a Vessel of Vinktar, unless you have like 70k with charges you will be fine with a Atziri's Promise flask
DPS After Final Upgrades
This is no charges and no blood rage only auras This is blood rage and charges, no additional buffs
Last edited by JLS_ on Apr 18, 2016, 1:38:06 AM
Last bumped on May 15, 2016, 3:13:55 PM
Saved For Later Use
Last edited by JLS_ on Apr 3, 2016, 12:51:53 AM
How do you deal with reflect?
"

I am able to not one shot myself when i use a Atziri's Promise flask but I get really low, if you get a Vessel of Vinktar and a shock immune flask that would be much better, I will be swaping to that soon
"
JLS_ wrote:
"

I am able to not one shot myself when i use a Atziri's Promise flask but I get really low

weird logic, shouldn't it be "you didn't avoid reflect death with Atziri's Promise when life was too low"?
"
weird logic, shouldn't it be "you didn't avoid reflect death with Atziri's Promise when life was too low"?
let me rephrase that, when I was using an Atziri's Promise, reflect was not a issue, it would hurt, but not kill me
Just saw this build and it looks fun!

Why are you using Belly of the Beast? Is that purely for the life? I'm wondering if it's worth getting a high max life high eva chest instead?

I might try this build for 2.3 :)
IGN: Ryms
"
Just saw this build and it looks fun!

Why are you using Belly of the Beast? Is that purely for the life? I'm wondering if it's worth getting a high max life high eva chest instead?

I might try this build for 2.3 :)

The reason I use Belly is that it offers a good chunk of % life that normally we wouldn't get and on standard league it is rather cheap, if you want to do a high evasion life chest instead i think you should try and get more life on the tree, you want to be above 5k life because anything below becomes very dangerous, good luck man and hope you enjoy the build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info