[2.2] Spierk's Low Life Crit Sparker tri-curser (HC Viable, mid-high budget)

The Build is pretty simple, it uses spark synergy with pierce nodes on the tree with the scion-deadeye ascendancy to make it a 100% chance to pierce. It also uses the benefits of Heretic's Veil and low-life to run tri-curses and lots of auras to keep you safer. Though I did make this for Hardcore, I'm sure you can swap out some defensive auras for more offensive ones at your discretion (such as grace for haste, purity of lightning for herald of thunder, also temp chains for conductivity).

Here is my current tooltip for 5L spark as DEA-BER vs DEA-OCC. Keep in mind this is without using pierce gem, you could see a substantial dmg increase with it and tweaking of the tree.

Pros
-ES based
-High Clear Speed
-Tri Curse
-Shocks
-Can clear almost all maps safely
-Leech
-Whirling Blades viable

Cons
-ES based
-Highish budget
-Can rip if too reckless
-Have to swap to voltaxic for certain map mods

Items

Mandatory Items

Shavronne's Wrappings

Shav's is very important since it lets you go Low-Life letting you use 4 extra auras with the help of Prism Guardian. Without Shav's, you would die to any chaos damage that you take.

Prism Guardian

Prism Guardian helps give you 3 auras on your life, depending on how far along you are on the tree (aura nodes), you will need an additional aura somewhere on your gear to get you back to low-life to gain the other benefits from low-life.

Strongly Recommended Items

Heretic's Veil

By using Heretic's Veil you'll be able to run 3 or even 4 curses on blasphemy. I did get lucky and got assassin's mark enchantment, but it isn't required. Having curses on blasphemy helps your speed through maps quite a bit.

Doedre's Damning

Doedre's Damning lets you use a 3rd curse on blasphemy, if you dont use Heretic's, then you could go without this.

Auxium

Auxium belt greatly helps with preventing constant freeze that you'd encounter from any cold damage at low life. If you choose not to use this belt, try avoiding getting sub 100 health while low life or you might get perma-frozen whenever you don't have a freeze immune flask up.

Optional Items

Voltaxic

Voltaxic converts all your lightning damage to chaos damage. This removes the Elemental Reflect issue that you can encounter as non Voltaxic. For some map mods you'll want to swap to this to safely run them, such as Ele Reflect/-max res/80% light res/No leech

Drillneck

When using Voltaxic, Drillneck is a good quiver to use since you are already at 100% pierce. The Extra damage from the quiver will apply to your spark.

Skyforth

Another option is Skyforth, it has 3 upsides, but of course it does come with a hefty price tag. Using Skyforth, you can use a 35% aura on blood magic instead of a 25% one (or clarity). It also helps with boss fights as you don't generate power charges any other way than killing cursed mobs. The best part of the boots is the combination of Auxium and them, it makes stuns/freezes not an issue anymore for low life.

Bandits

Normal = Kill All
Cruel = Help Alira
Merciless = Help Alira

Trees

Current Tree DEA-BER - With Pierce gem (lvl 92)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfW21l7bgDBLaiXIYRTsZC-gMF87_2DCYcHEGJGcW-etAzKSpyk6rrK01-whxMNfDQKvoqbtXcHN2aTJ6EvwzqExSymf8bviFM1e9cZiio4kNaio8HF-TdQQpcG-wnB8w_E7BjXz4w2xKL22lyKlSA7fI_6cLtJsYnTc7Majy0fuMrw1dDQ6_XZE3BS8GsdT0yzSVFfasMJL28qCxXnNbmus9AfIG65k13yEVCnK0GW7-tQMPIdKwptGdD1214RLwMe2VsRDx9BGyWsmEuu99fpAoRIm6Fcaxhqj0bDbXgvHRR85frSjmRYBxcv96Zk57b6VdaApAAA

Current Tree DEA-OCC - With Pierce gem (lvl 92)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfW21nirXtuLagJ2ZchsZC-gMpGwXyDCTE1hwdGcW-etAzKSpyk6rrK01-whxMNfL6Km7V3B5MnoS_DOoTFf8bviFM1e9cZiio4oqMnqcHF-TdQQpcG-wnB8-wY18-MNsSi9tpcipUgj_pwu0mxidNzsxqPLR_w1dDQ6_XZE3BS8GsdT0yzSVFfasMJL28qCzW5rrMgbrmTXfIRUKcrQZZQMPIdKwptGdD1214RLwMe2VsRDx9BGyWsmEuu99fpAoRIm6Fcaxhqj0bDbXgvHRR85frSjmRYBxcv96Zk57b6VdaApKcIFVAFQiycD8Q7fLjKFed-WQAA

Current Tree DEA-BER - No pierce gem (lvl 92)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAx4FtQ18EGIRDxEvEVAV5xcvGGoZihqPGyUdFB1PH0EgbiLqKgsqOCpbKwotHy2oL281uUGWQzZGcUlRSbFLrkyzUDBQQlLsUzVV1lgHXGtcil3yX2pfsGTnbRlvnnBScLtzs3cHeC959ntue9d85X_GgKSDCYRIhFOExYcHhxOJ04w2jmSPRo_6kyeVIJcGlyGXl5uhm7WcpKEvoqOnK6yYrrOxkLQMtvq31rmTvoC-isF8wcXB88LswwnDOsNtxKLKSsrT0NDQ9dfP2RPZW9tZ217o1ukC6rrr9ewY74jv_fBr8NXyHfba96b31_k3-tL7CQ==

Current Tree DEA-OCC - No Pierce gem (lvl 92)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMeBbUJ2Q18EQ8RLxFQFy8YahmKGo8bJR0UHU8fQSBuIuonqSoLKjgqWysKLR8tqC9vMTU1uUGWQzZGcUlRSbFLrkyzUDBQQlLsUzVV1lgHXGtcil3yX2pfsGTnbRlvnnBScLtzs3cHeC959ntue9d85X_GgKSDCYRIhMWHB4cTidOMNo5kj0aP-pMnlSCXBpchm6GbtZykoS-io6crrJius7GQtAy2-rfWuZO-gL6KwXzBxcHzwuzDCcM6w23EospGykrK083q0NDQ9dfP2RPZW9tZ217irejW6QLquuv17BjviPBr8NXyHfba96b31_k3-tL7CQ==

Before 4th aura on both life and mana - No Pierce gem (aprox 73)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfW21nirXtuLagJ2ZchsZC-gMpGwXyDCTE1hwdGcW-etAzKSuq6ytNfsA18voqbtZMnoS_DOoTFf8bviFM1e9cZiio4IuqioyepwcX5N1BC-wno1sHz7BjXz4w29trN6gW1XIqVII_6cLtJsYnTGo_C7C0f8NXQ0Ov1cFIqWx1PTLNJUV9qwwkqC3n2NbmusyBuuZNd8kM2EVCnK0GWUDDyHSsKUuxtGdD1214RLwMe2VsRDx9BGyWsmEuu99fpAoRIXGvDbZuhGGp4L3zlWAcAAA==

Before swapping to ES/Low Life (approx 73)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfW21nirXtuLagJ2ZchsZC-gMpGwXyDCTE1hwdvnspK8bNfsEtXm7XA48M6hMUZiiLq-wno1vbazeoFtRqPjb_C7FFHtMUqWzB8Yqx59o19bIxDNiP2napS7E2SNj3rYxEvAx4rCh9BXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLUEJh4lM1JpWTJ3_G74iioyepwcX5N8Hz7BjXz5Ugj_pwu0mxaxctH_DV6_W86kyzlS5JUcMJwFSuswQHBx65k2pDQZaD2_Id0PVVxjpYrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAcAAA==

Example of levelling tree (approx 40s)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfW21nirXtuLagJ2ZchsZC-gMpGwXyDCTE1hwdGcW-etAzxs8rTS1e-isDjkyd_xu-IUzURlvk3UEIHHtfPjDaVLkmxVUuJ0_DVYeJwUo_6SVEmlSoL6_Vd8sMJKwq5kxEvAx7yHetjH0E2PZ2qbIxirBa_c7PwaxXnl5dFfAAA

Ascendency

I chose Deadeye/Occultist for Hardcore at first, but I am currently experimenting with Deadeye/Berserker.

Deadeye is pretty mandatory for this since it lets you drop the pierce support gem, it also offers projectile speed, damage and an additional spark.

Occultist is nice for the extra ES / ES regen and 20% extra damage from killing cursed enemies. It also has the added benefit of lowering Chaos Res for when you swap to Voltaxic for certain situations.

Berserker is also an option instead of occultist. It offers strength which can free up a passive or 2 depending on the kind of gear you have and it offers leech which let's you drop the leech gem as well. The added damage is nice, but it does come at the cost of additional damage taken.

auras

Using a calculator such as https://poe.mikelat.com/ you can see what auras you can run on your life/mana. You'll likely want to keep above 90% mana reserved, if possible 85%+ makes things a lot more enjoyable.

My aura setup for normal play (without Skyforth)

On Life: Grace(In Prism) / Wrath(In Prism) / Discipline(In Prism) / Clarity
On Mana: Warlord's Mark / Assassin's Mark / Temporal Chains / Purity of Lightning

Using Prism guardian and the aura nodes on the tree, you can cover 2 50% nodes + 35% discipline + a high level Clarity linked to a blood magic gem somewhere on your gear. You can also use another 25% aura instead of Clarity if you link it with at least a lvl 14 blood magic.

My aura setup with Skyforth

On Life: Grace(P) / Wrath(P) / Discipline(P) / Purity of Lightning
On Mana: Warlord's Mark / Assassin's Mark / Temporal Chains / Herald of Thunder / Clarity

Using Skyforth gives a free herald on boots, double herald instead of Clarity is also an option for no/60% reduced regen maps.

My aura setup with Voltaxic (No Skyforth)

On Life: Discipline / Arctic Armour
On Mana: Warlord's Mark / Assassin's Mark / Temporal Chains / Herald of Thunder

Since we're not using Prism Guardian, not much can be ran on blood magic.

links

When you get a 20q spark (lvl 20 spark + 1gcp to vendor gives you a 20 quality lvl 1 of the gem), you have the option of swapping out Faster Projectiles with Pierce with some adjustment on the tree. You should gain 5-10k dps depending on your crit chance doing this so it is highly suggested to get a 20q spark.

Before 20q spark

Spark (OCC)(no Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen > Faster Projectiles
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen > Faster Projectiles > Critical strikes / Controlled Destruction

Spark (BER)(no Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Faster Projectiles
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Faster Projectiles > Critical Strikes / Controlled Destruction
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Faster Projectiles > Critical Strikes > Controlled Destruction / Crit Multi

Spark (Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Void Manipulation
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Void Manipulation > Faster Projectiles
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Void Manipulation > Faster Projectiles > Critical Strikes / Controlled Destruction

With a 20q spark

Spark (OCC)(no Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen > Pierce
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Leech > Lightning Pen > Pierce > Faster Projectiles / Critical Strikes

Spark (BER)(no Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Pierce
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Pierce > Faster Projectiles / Critical Strikes
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Lightning Pen > Pierce > Faster Projectiles > Critical Strikes

Spark (Voltaxic)

4 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Pierce
5 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Pierce > Void Manipulation
6 links - Spark > Spell Echo > Poison > Pierce > Void Manipulation > Faster Projectiles / Critical Strikes

Critical Strikes vs Faster Projectiles

With a 20q spark your proj speed will be a small amount less than prior with Faster Projectiles, but the damage increase of crit strikes only gets bigger with the additional multi from the tree. It is up to you if you want better coverage (more coverage is more chances at sparks hitting walls and hitting once more), or more damage in general.

Current Gear

I try to keep all my gear at red map Ele weakness Cap which is 169 in hideout.

Normal Setup (as OCC)

Skyforth Setup (as BER)

Voltaxic Setup

and a belt to swap Auxium for ele weakness cap while voltaxic.

Jewels

As per requested here are the jewels I was using.

The Energy From Within is used in combo with the Melding wheel shown in this image:

The other jewels are not ideal, ideally you would want lightning/spell crit or Faster Casting with Max Energy shield on a jewel. The crit multi gems can be very hard to get a hold of since quite a few meta builds are also looking for them.

Dealing with Certain Maps

Specific Maps
The problem with this build is since you are low-life, without Auxium/Skyforth very small damage can freeze/stun you which can become rippy very quickly. Though I've not experienced many sub t8 map bosses as this build, these are the few that I can remember to be an issue.

Promenade - Keep in mind that the female boss can cast lightning thorns on a mob, if she chooses the other boss, you can perma stun yourself if you cast a lot of sparks into a corner where he is. It's a lot of star aligns situation, but the thorns can also hurt.

Graveyard/Necropolis/Maelstorm of Chaos - Merveil drops in first phase an ice storm that can perma stun you or make you good target practice for her barrage, though the 2nd phase is much worse (This excludes Graveyard). In her second phase she can drop a whirlwind which lasts a very long time where you can get stuck in from stuns.

Jungle Valley - Since the boss spawns a lot of flicker spiders. Each jump from the spiders can stun you which is dangerous esp considering the boss is fairly dangerous as well.

Other maps are kind of at your discretion if you believe they could be a problem. Things to watch out for: any fast hitting attacks and cold damage if you aren't using Auxium.

Map Mods

Ele Weakness - if you aren't Ele weakness capped of 169, elemental reflect rares can be pretty rippy.

- max res - This is one of the map mods I swap to Voltaxic for, you could probably run these fine fine on softcore, but some bad rare mob rolls with high life and ele reflect could rip you.

Lightning Res - In a red map, I swap to Voltaxic for this mod as well since it can take a lot longer to clear, another option is swapping temp chains blashpemy to conductivity.

No Regen - Not really an issue, but swapping out Clarity for Herald of thunder is a good idea. Mana Potion required.

No Leech - I avoid this map altogether, but if you're very careful you might be able to run this fine.

Immune to Curses - I avoid this map also, but a simple double herald change instead of curses would work. Also using Skyforth you can still generate power charges so this map mod won't be as big an issue with those.

Ele Reflect - This is the scariest mod if you don't use Voltaxic setup, expect to rip without it. Swap to Voltaxic for this one.

Blood Magic - This one isn't too bad to run, you lose some auras to run it. Run your 3 curses and Discipline + Purity of Lightning in Prism Guardian. Can swap Purity of Lightning for Grace/Wrath with Skyforth.

Extra Cold Damage - Without Auxium this map mod can be a problem since you'll be getting frozen or chilled each time you take any semi hard hit.

Other map mods aren't too bad, run at your discretion.

More to come, if you have any more question I will try to answer.

Edit: Fixed links/trees, more information from Berserker prospective instead of Occultist
Edit2: Fixed links/trees with pierce gem support and added jewels section.
Last edited by Boulz on Apr 18, 2016, 5:49:25 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2016, 5:54:14 PM
Is the build possible with voltaxic and skyforth in the same setup? If not why? Thanks
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
Is the build possible with voltaxic and skyforth in the same setup? If not why? Thanks

Yes it is possible to run skyforth in the voltaxic settup, the only issue is making up the resistances from boots elsewhere, whether it be better res ring/ammy or jewels. If you're not concerned with reaching ele weakness capped, you could use a belt similar to the one I used for voltaxic ele weaks instead of auxium, but then you're also having to deal with cold again.

It's a common issue when running this many uniques without running all purity auras, which could be an option, but I haven't explored it.

As a side note, I did rip on the character at 92 to some stars aligned mechanic in a very rippy map (no video sadly). I still stand behind the current build, but I am trying a little different one now on a new character. I will try to keep answering any questions with the build.
whats the new version about if i may ask? which of your chars in the new one and what you think makes the new version better? cheers mate :)
"
nockitsch wrote:
whats the new version about if i may ask? which of your chars in the new one and what you think makes the new version better? cheers mate :)

Originally the new build was making use of Call of the Brotherhood to freeze instead of temp/warlords from the original. Dropping blasphemies meant less aura management needed so a vaal spark settup can be used with the free gem slots. Having vaal spark helps greatly in most boss fights. Putting Curse on hit on herald of Ice/Thunder for a curse. I also dropped prism guardian for a crit ES shield, made it feel safer having that much more ES.

Main issues with the new build was that skyforth is much more needed as you gain the extra aura you really need (either herald of thunder or grace/wrath, whichever you chose not to run first) and you can change to warlords cursing instead of assassin's mark. You also really need the leech boots enchant from lab to help with mana management. And the biggest issue is it can cause massive FPS drops in parties - which is what lead me to respec it entirely into CI voltaxic Spark, this is again in testing so not much info yet. :)
Last edited by Boulz on Apr 16, 2016, 2:22:18 PM
Hey there, could you maybe list your Jewel's ?
great build so far ! :)
this build looks awesome!
Well, i got kinda a huge problem tho !
something messed up and i don't know what, but i barley hit around 7k dps !
i realy need some help tho !
"
Well, i got kinda a huge problem tho !
something messed up and i don't know what, but i barley hit around 7k dps !
i realy need some help tho !

You should probably link your gear and tree. More than likely, you did something wrong.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by iCrulz on Apr 18, 2016, 11:39:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info