[2.2] Scionic Thundertank - Be the Thunder God

There is actually!

In fact, I should edit my post and make a special mention of this.

A well rolled one should have 50% increased energy shield and allow you to use whirling blades.

As far as single-target goes. A guildie of mine pointed me towards two things I've been experimenting with: Frost Wall and Vaal Glacial Hammer.

Basic premise is to have the Spark projectiles bounce off the wall(s) and come back to your single target. It's helped immensely. Vaal Glacial Hammer does have a drawback of splitting souls with Vaal Lightning Strike.

And if you aren't running it, Vaal Lightning Strike helps quite a lot with single-target. Also, the main reason I focused on Spark as opposed to Arc is because Spark does more single-target.

I've also been experimenting with using Romira's Banquet and Discharge. It's actually not as good as Spark without some modifications. Namely, if you only have 3 Power Charges, Spark should pull ahead. But it is possible to get up to 5 Power Charges (1 from Allira, 1 from tree for 3 pts, potentially a 2nd for 4 pts).
Last edited by Starfires on Apr 2, 2016, 10:20:37 PM
"
Starfires wrote:
There is actually!

As far as single-target goes. A guildie of mine pointed me towards two things I've been experimenting with: Frost Wall and Vaal Glacial Hammer.

Basic premise is to have the Spark projectiles bounce off the wall(s) and come back to your single target. It's helped immensely. Vaal Glacial Hammer does have a drawback of splitting souls with Vaal Lightning Strike.

I'm not running exactly this char, but since mjolner single target is my problem, this is relevant to me. Are you actually able to use vaal glacial hammer? Mine seems to be bugged, most of the time most sparks get out of the wall. It's weird because sometimes it works... At first I thought it was the chain in mjolner or some kind of pierce, but it doesn't work even with a naked char with no pierce on the tree.
Are you able to use vaal glacial hammer consistently, with no sparks getting out?
Usually most of them stay in.

A few may have escaped but I just assumed they were from previous ones. However, after playing kinetic blast a few leagues ago, it's pretty well known bug that projectiles sometimes go through Frost Wall. So I wouldn't be surprised if the same bug exists with Vaal Glacial Hammer.

I ran a quick test. I don't have issues. https://gfycat.com/TightClumsyAmericanrobin

I did it twice and you do see some escaping, but given I am shooting off dozens/hundreds the amount escaping are most likely just ones that spawned before my Vaal Glacial Hammer was a full-circle (or they procced from my Vaal Glacial Hammer itself).

You can actually see the first time Voll charges out of my Vaal Glacial Hammer and I trap all of my Sparks in there with me. When the wall goes down it releases them all. On the second time, the Discharge takes up the screen-real-estate but near the end you can see dozens/hundreds were trapped in there (and Voll absolutely melts).
Last edited by Starfires on Apr 4, 2016, 1:34:31 AM
I think these prices need an update, at least for Perandus league.

Mjolner = 1ex all day on poe.trade
Vertex = 20c+ all day on poe.trade
Astraments = 1ex all day on poe.trade
Repentance = Luckily about 10c, cheaper than what you paid.
These are just the core items, not including decent chest/boots/belt/rings.
Those will, and I assume if you want somewhat decent, will probably be 15c+ each.

All in all, this build has seemingly jumped up to a 3ex+ build. Not that it's extremely pricey still, but, definitely not "under" 2ex anymore haha.
I don't know if you're on another server or something, but Mjolner is definitely not that expensive.

http://imgur.com/a/Ev25N

Corrupted Mjolner doesn't even matter as long as it has 3 blue/white sockets. The links don't matter either. Ignoring the 20c corrupted RRW one, there's still a viable corrupted one for 30c at BBW and the 33c one isn't corrupted. Eitherway, the vast majority aren't even listed for anything close to an ex.

The Repentence with good rolls are 15c range, there's even one that's only 1% off at 22c (and yes I know you can get garbage Repentence for 1 alchemy).

Astramentis there for 28c and 30c. It doesn't matter if they are corrupted. Also, you don't actually need an Astramentis. You can use a rare amulet that has high strength coupled with a double-strength belt (implicit + suffix). Atziri's Foible is also an ultra cheap alternative at the cost of Repentence giving less spellpower.

Multiple Vertex listed at 15c. But it's also 10 am here, they definitely drop down to a bit during American prime time when people start undercutting each other.
I've actually been experimenting a bit with off-hands and I have to say I found one that dramatically increases clear speed and damage.

You of course lose "tanky-ness" especially by giving up the ES on your shield, but the improvements are huge. Both for mobility and damage.

The damage increase is nuts with Discharge. Because either you're getting more damage from 1-3 frenzy charges or you're doing 80% increased damage anyways. And speed improves greatly because of Whirling Blade. Whirling Blades doesn't proc Mjolner though, unlike Leap Slam, but it's way faster.
Any chance that you could post a leveling section? like maybe skill trees at 30 50 80 points or perhaps just say what you used to level up until you could equip mjolner?
Hi, like this build gonna give it a try,

Was wondering what your chance to hit is? Just did a basic setup but only have 66% chance to hit at lvl 75 which seems low for procs. How do you deal with this problem? I suppose the only way to go is get accuracy where we can....
I have 75% chance to hit. Basically never notice it while clearing because you hit sooo much.

The only time it factors is in single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info