Resolute Technique

Is this as utterly game-breaking in PvP as it would seem to be? Where is the counterpart that allows DEX based toons to ignore armor? Or is it not really noticeable since most every toon that spikes Evasion gets IR anyway?
Acrobatics and block are good against RT. Fast movement speed ( and desync ) is also very good against RT.

"
Fillmore wrote:
Where is the counterpart that allows DEX based toons to ignore armor?

use crits
I know about crits but you have to stack a bunch of nodes, RT is only 1 node; and crits don't work any better against RT than they do against anything else.

The very existence of RT makes one question the value of investing in Evasion if your opponent can take a single nodes that renders it all useless.

I realize that Armour is weak against big hits while Evasion is extra effective against crits, but crits and Evasion require multiple node investments, while RT only requires a single node (not only does it only require a single node but it removes the need for any DEX/Accuracy nodes), so in the long run it actually saves nodes.

Oh and Acrobatics and Block don't work any better against RT than they do against any other attack.

And it is also worth pointing out that Accuracy is exponentially more effective than Evasion in determining your chance to hit.

All in all it seems like PvP would be an offensive race and RT is just amplifying the situation.
Basically what I am saying is that RT is a very PvE skill that is not well designed for PvP; it's advantage is to negate one possible defense of an opponent, but it has no adverse effect on your own defense.

It seems it was designed with the thought that it was a skill that boosted your offense and so was given a negative impact to your offense without regard to the fact that in a PvP environment its very existence will impact defensive node selection and thus affects the defense of your opponents and should be compensated for by a defensive penalty.
Agree, this skill was the reason I went for Iron Reflexes with my shadow.
you cant oneshot with resolute
you can oneshot with crit
profit
"
Fillmore wrote:

All in all it seems like PvP would be an offensive race and RT is just amplifying the situation.

Well, if PvP is primarily an offensive race, than RT is carrying a severe downside, because not being able to crit is a massive DPS penalty.

Crit builds literally get 3x or more DPS out of crit, and dagger builds can get far more, up to 5-6x DPS. Any build with RT will cannot have top tier DPS.

However, I don't think PvP is purely an offensive race, and RT does seem way more powerful than it maybe should be.
From my experience I will say that it's not really clear now if RT is truly a bit OP or not.
I see only one way to see which things are truly op or not - that is many player playing pvp, like hundreds good pvpers. Then it will be possible to see if something is truly OP and unfair.
For example, in starcraft 2, some things looked very OP in begining, but then someone would make some builds that would beat that op thing, and it would be normal again, on the other hand, sometimes something was truly OP, and Blizzard changed/balanced it.
But it all takes many good players playing, takes a lot of time/patience + a lot of interest from developers. If GGG plans to make profesionall pvp tournaments, then I can hope for that to become reality, but otherwise hardly.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Armor and Evasion are already not that great defences to non-white mobs, so I think RT is ok and well balanced by Arcobatics, Phase acrobatics and dodge chance
from Italy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info