Jim Sterling possibly being sued for 10 million dollars by Indie Dev

Neogaf Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197775

Kotaku Article
http://kotaku.com/angered-game-developer-sues-game-critic-jim-sterling-fo-1765484317

If you're not aware, Jim Sterling is an online persona who is an abrasive shit-stirring narcissist reviewing and covering mostly Steam games via his Youtube channel and his website.

He has been in a bit of a running feud with an Indie Game Dev regarding the general poor quality of their releases, and a previous DMCA takedown claim they filed against a review video he posted a couple of years back.

Now, they've finally gotten fed up after they continue to release poor quality games which are then poorly recieved, especially by Jim Sterling. So, they're suing him. For $10,000,000 for libel/slander etc. over some of the comments he has made in his videos and website coverage of them.

Certainly an interesting read, if you're unfamiliar with any of the parties involved or the backstory.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Mar 19, 2016, 2:03:42 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2016, 1:18:17 PM
You meant Abrasive Shit-Stirring Narcissist. Because when referring to God's Anointed, mind your capitalization, son.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Both sides are bad and should feel bad.

Too many shitty indies and reviewers as lately.
That's the guy who's not nearly as funny nor as clever as Yahtzee, right?
The real beef i got with all this consipiracy shit involving game critics and reviews you know man is that we all have to get along but you wonder who isnt and its all like where do the not getters go gettem and you look on the tv and you see the faces embraces the hatreds. I found this story that gives me the intoxicating euphoria i love most lol

i donno
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:57:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info