"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

how is this build as a league starter? i am quite curious to try out a trapper, but i am not certain yet. i know they are insane boss killers, so i suppose uber can be done with rather cheap gear, but how is mapping with this? who knows how much binos will be next league, can you recommend running this with a rare dagger?
"
Goobey wrote:
how is this build as a league starter? i am quite curious to try out a trapper, but i am not certain yet. i know they are insane boss killers, so i suppose uber can be done with rather cheap gear, but how is mapping with this? who knows how much binos will be next league, can you recommend running this with a rare dagger?

Its perfect for a league starter since you can dish out alot of damage with almost no investment.
i even saw people playing solo selffound hc with it.

Deerstalker is a good option for a cheap 5 link setup.

Or get a tabula asap (thats what i always do)

but in the worst case a 4link will carry u too.

Since binos life reg got nerfed its not that much used as before.
And i dont expect it to rise in price next league.
Its still rare and worth a bit but its completly in the range of affordable.
A rare dagger is totaly fine in the meanwhile.

Last edited by EkarPoe on May 22, 2016, 11:23:22 AM
The new "Toxic Delivery" is made for this build (poison you inflict with critical strikes deal 100% MORE damage, needs 8 ascendandy points) and what about Cospri's Will for free Poison? So we can use additional gems with our Bladefall Trap and Bear Trap. Additionaly we can use an additional curse.
Will this build still be OP at 2.3? Still be able to kill Uber, etc? Will you post changes for 2.3?
"
The new "Toxic Delivery" is made for this build (poison you inflict with critical strikes deal 100% MORE damage, needs 8 ascendandy points) and what about Cospri's Will for free Poison? So we can use additional gems with our Bladefall Trap and Bear Trap. Additionaly we can use an additional curse.

"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Will this build still be OP at 2.3? Still be able to kill Uber, etc? Will you post changes for 2.3?

Chris wilson blessed us with an insane damage boost not that our dmg was good at all Kappa.
Toxic delivery gives us now 100%more (MORE!!!) poison damage on critical strike this is insane.
So maybe we can drop some dmg nodes from tree and get more life.

Also we maim on hit and get 30% increased duration on killing a maimed enemy which is like 30% more dmg over time beside the fact it reduces enemy movespeed by 30% + a second curse like temp chains this can be pretty effective.

Also the new chest is worth to give it a try +1 curse and free poison which gives us a effective 7 link, we only need higher aoe on blasphemy to make sure everything is cursed + getting more life to compensate the life loss from our chest.

If no changes going to happen to bladefall and phys poison mechanic this build will go absolutly enrage modus imo.

Stay tuned i will definitly post updates to this build.

Last edited by EkarPoe on May 26, 2016, 2:53:05 PM
Last edited by EkarPoe on May 27, 2016, 12:27:18 AM
i decided to play a bladefall trapper as my league starter next season. i have a question for you tho: wouldnt mines be better? since you dont have the thing from saboteur that makes all traps explode, mines seem like a better choice? you can detonate them at will. using mines would also free you up to use a better shield

the new curse chest seems incredebly exciting aswell. depending on how expensive its going to be it could be the BIS chest? enfeeble+ vulnerability/temp chains, and built in poison.
Last edited by Goobey on May 26, 2016, 3:30:58 PM
"
Goobey wrote:
i decided to play a bladefall trapper as my league starter next season. i have a question for you tho: wouldnt mines be better? since you dont have the thing from saboteur that makes all traps explode, mines seem like a better choice? you can detonate them at will. using mines would also free you up to use a better shield

the new curse chest seems incredebly exciting aswell. depending on how expensive its going to be it could be the BIS chest? enfeeble+ vulnerability/temp chains, and built in poison.

It depends on what are u planning to do.

Mines are better if u want to make a pure atziri/uber atziri killer.

But i wouldnt advise to play a miner as a league starter.

Mines are very clunky to play.

Place mine or mines press d to detonate them.
This cost so much time and kills your clearspeed.

you dont need all traps detonate instantly mod,It has its advantages sure but also its disadvantages.
but all in all, people used to play traps before ascendancy was released, without sabouteur and it was still viable.
I feel like people acting like its not possible to play a trapper without saboteur, which is wrong imo.

This build is perfectly made for a starter build since it dont need much to be viable and with some further investment it is going nuts.

The chest is rly interresting of course but we need to wait and see how rare/expansive it will be and if we could sustain the life and all res loss.

Last edited by EkarPoe on May 27, 2016, 12:44:03 AM
And we need to take into account that it would take some time to get toxic delivery, because deadly infusion is really important, isn't it? So we need some time of mapping to get all the trials for the 4th lab.
"

I feel like people acting like its not possible to play a trapper without saboteur, which is wrong imo.

To add to this: At the endlevel of the build we will have so much dmg and possible a 7.link, that it is a nobrainer to play with trap cooldown besides crazy stuff like Uber, so the clearspeed should be more then good enough. Binos poison spread will wreck anything non rare in a sec

Dunno we really have to wait for patchnotes. This change is so stupid op ( 100% MORE?!!!!??? WTF), there kinda has to be some nerfs waiting xD

Besides i dont think it will be that hard to compensate for the loss of belly. We can run enfeeble + temp chaisn ( which is kinda...effective life^^) and free poision + the ridicilous buff will free up easy some dmg nodes. Loss of Res maybe meh, but i feel that is the least problem you ever have in POE. Worst case to change the boots to some rares. With 2 defensive curces running i can live with that.

Btw. You should mention wither totem. At your gem setup part you write several times ( + what you want). You should give the hint for wither totem, it will help newer players who stumple about your guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info