"The Acid rainer"(Updated for Prophecy league!)INSANE DMG

"
Ragnar0kkr wrote:
is this still uber atziri viable?

it totally is. I did it deathless on essence league.
"
Zarasi wrote:
I'll try that Temporal Chains and Enfeeble set-up and see how it works. Having to use a Doedre's Ring for now which is making is really tight for hitting resistances cap (sitting at 137/136/136). On Temporal Chains though, is it going to help much in terms of offensive by simply increasing the duration of Poison when in most cases trash will die in under 2 seconds (which is the base duration of Poison, or 2.1 with Entropy)?

White trash is instagibbed anyway. Most blues are too. This is really for very tough blues, tough yellows, and maps with defensive mods (the ever popular: physical resistance+enfeeble+reduced crit damage).

It also helps against bosses, but there:
- the effect is reduced
- you generally don't want to be in aura range from (read: close to) a boss

The damage is just a side benefit. I just mentioned it because it is not totally obvious (it wasn't to me) The slower movement and slower attack/cast speed of everything is the real thing. And the defensive synergy with Enfeeble: which reduces damage, crits and accuracy.

Some numbers:
- a 79 monster has an accuracy of 584. My evasion is about 4000 ( use evasion armor, not a Belly), so the basic to hit% is 70%.
- With Enfeeble 20/20 in a Blasphemy Q20, their accuracy is reduced 52% to about 280, which gives a to hit% of 52%
- I dodge 40% of those, leaving a real to hit of 31%
- With a 20/20 Temporal Chains in a Q20 Blasphemy, they are 39% slower, so they hit me 19% of the time
- And this does not take into account that often I am not even there to be hit because they are so slow

Yes, I can still be one-shot (these need to be manually evaded) and Evangelists still kick my ass, but for the rest I am pretty safe.

And wearing a high Evasion body like
also helps a lot with getting my resistances to 75.

Sources for Accuracy/Evasion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kCeAy43G3LiL0NMFVEgrLy0Uf1DXMjuyx_-7hRq47y4/edit#gid=17
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 22, 2016, 7:54:40 AM
Nice, thanks for the info. After using it Temp Chains is really nice for the defenses so I'll be sticking with that. I was tempted to pick up an evasion chest, but the drop in health from a Belly is around 500 even if the new chest had 100 Life and high Strength, and since I'm already (albeit barely) resist capped and that my Doedre's ring is hopefully just a stop-gap until I can get a decently +1 curse amulet then I'll get more resist buffer on a new ring.
Has anybody tried the guardians or the shaper with this build? I believe some of the bosses have poison immunity. Trying to see before I take a crack at it.
Anyone killed the T16 bosses or shaper with this? any videos
"
Zarasi wrote:
Nice, thanks for the info. After using it Temp Chains is really nice for the defenses so I'll be sticking with that. I was tempted to pick up an evasion chest, but the drop in health from a Belly is around 500 even if the new chest had 100 Life and high Strength, and since I'm already (albeit barely) resist capped and that my Doedre's ring is hopefully just a stop-gap until I can get a decently +1 curse amulet then I'll get more resist buffer on a new ring.

One warning: hexproof maps are now *lethal*, because you are getting used to just strolling into/through groups of critters. I know all too well :(
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
Tofu1215 wrote:
Has anybody tried the guardians or the shaper with this build? I believe some of the bosses have poison immunity. Trying to see before I take a crack at it.

Poison is about 60% of your dps (see an earlier message).
Enfeeble is about -45% dps (35% less damage directly and another 10% from less crit multi)

So it is about equal to an Enfeeble + a mod like "Reduced Physical Damage' or "Reduced Critical damage" . Not easy (especially when you cannot reliably stay away from the bosses, like Plaza Boss), but not impossibly hard either. Just make sure your map doesn't have even more defensive mods.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 23, 2016, 3:58:57 AM
"
GGZII wrote:
Anyone killed the T16 bosses or shaper with this? any videos

didnt tried it yet

as far as i know the hydra is poison imun not sure about the chimera.

If i got any news on that side i will post it.
I just took a 6l Belly and killed Minotaur. I also almost done it with tabula, but, you need that extra life for sure.
I have 2 white diamond ring bases (ilvl 80+ 29-30%crit) and i wonder with wich essence should i craft them.
Since poison is my main damage source should i go with Essence of Delirium (+40% poison damage) craft and roll other stuff for bonus or there is more important stat on rings that i need to focus on with my crafting aka +Maximum Life? Im in struggle right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info