D2 LOD Immersion mod, DOPE

sry for making another thread but I think this mod deserves it own thread, since not many knows about it only had about 3-4k I downloads , it's in beta, with 3 character at,. barb. necromancer and sorceress but this mod is really fucking dope, the skill system is totally revamped... so much innovation and creativity...
ill post the feature list from here ) http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50994

it's a bit outdated but that site was easy for copy/paste, like the stash pluggy is already there, for example, it feature pluggy 9.0 in the mod...
Aesthetics
• The new and improved user interface screens greatly enhance the visual appeal of the game.
• New item graphics and an improved item color-scheme enhance the visual appeal of the inventory and character model.
• Text throughout the entire game is less confusing and descriptions are written more sensibly. Font has changed and font size has decreased.

Skills
• Skills require energy exclusively. There are no longer prerequisite skills or level requirements.
• Characters have 61 new skills to select from and many skills have new synergy bonuses.
• All skills have cleaner descriptions and new skills have colorful icons.

Enemies
• You can test your mettle against new monsters, new superuniques, and improved traps. New boss fights also await you.
• Enemies are stronger, tougher, quicker, plentiful and varied. Many have more aggressive AIs. Some have new skills.
• Bosses never drop nothing. Even the Ancients now drop treasure when killed. The Countess can drop any rune on hell difficulty.
• All unique enemies have new randomly-generated names. You will never again fight "Mind Maw the Slasher" or "Dire Slime the Quick".

Areas
• There are no longer any dirt paths running throughout the wilderness of Act 1. You must forge your own path.
• There is a wildly different secret level to discover and there are no restrictions whatsoever on returning to it in the future.
• Shrines no longer reveal their true purposes until used. Their effects stack with each other and are no longer nullified by curses.

Character
• You can embark on 25 new "sub-quests" known as "Gheed's Scavenger Hunts" across all 3 difficulties.
• Character life no longer naturally replenishes and potions are both less abundant and less effective.
• Character base movement speeds have been increased, so you walk and run much faster.

Hirelings
• Hireling resurrection costs are decreased to keep them alive and hireling movement is increased to better keep pace with characters.
• Hirelings purchased in earlier difficulties have a better statistical progression, while those purchased later have better skills.
• Hireling-Only items (uniques, set items, runewords, etc.) give your merc new advantages in combat, but devour your life if you equip them.

Economy
• Items are sold to vendors at 1/4 their prices. Vendors no longer sell magic items and it's likely they won't sell yours back to you.
• Gold is far more scarce than it used to be. Gold is more likely to drop from chests and barrels than from monsters.
• Gambling odds (Rare, Set, and Unique) have improved on Nightmare and Hell difficulties. The Gambling price of jewelry is lower.

Gear
• Level requirements are non-existant for non-unique and non-set items, which have a required level of only 6.
• Characters have an expanded inventory, stash, and horadric cube. If that isn't enough space you can install PlugY 8.00 for unlimited storage.
• Alchemical potions are sold by vendors, while weaker potions are only dropped by enemies. These varieties work well together. Belts hold potions by difficulty.
• Global treasure tables have been optimized for challenging, fast gameplay. Many new affixes and magical properties enhance items found throughout the game.

• Unique Items: You can find all of the original unique items and 187 new unique items. Characters start with a special new unique: the Horadric Soulsphere.
• Set Items: You can find all of the original item sets and 11 new item sets. Each class has a new exceptional set and the original class sets are now elite.
• Runewords: You can create all of the original and ladder runewords along with 87 new runewords and new jewelwords/soulwords.
• Equipment Crafting: Over 150 crafting recipes can enhance your gear beyond what you'd expect. Like the original, except better.
• Equipment Tempering: You can purchase tools from a vendor and add the statistics you desire to your choice of equipment.
• Superior/Inferior Items: High quality items can spawn with improved properties and a cube reagent can vastly improve the low quality stuff.
• Inventory Charms: All charms are retitled and most have new graphics, Battle Standards (new 2x3 Charms) are introduced.
• New Equipment: Including socketed jewelry, bone armor pieces, hide armor, shurikens, lodestones, and 14 new varieties of ammunition.
• New Supplies: Including new gems, class gems, class tomes, runes, souls, glyphs, reagents, and treasures.

Plugins
• PlugY 8.00, by Yohann: PlugY is optional, but greatly enhances gameplay if installed.
• Recolored Act 1 Caves, by SheX: The caves throughout Act 1 are amazingly vibrant now.
• Compact Lut Gholein and Compact Kurast Docks, by Dyze: The Act 2 and 3 towns are easier to navigate now.

and this is the download: http://forum.d2immersion.com/

anyways lets discuss about this great mod so far,.... i haven't beat the den of evil but i can already tell ill be hooked on this mod...

Edit 1: there are act 1 rogues mercs in blood more just walking around, i got like 3 mercs fallowing me atm, epic... game is really good so far and challenging enough atm... write more as I play the game )
Last edited by AlphaMetric on Feb 18, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
You should put a basic description of it.
"
Kavlor wrote:
You should put a basic description of it.

ill put the entire feature list if that helps... and there even more features then there actually on the feature list i heard....

did anyone get the chance to try it out for a couple hours?... I know me personally i been having a lot of fun on this..

Edit: willing to play with anyone liking the mod over tcp or w/e other way, get at me!

and here my weapon atm, was also my first gambling attempt

my first unique.. not an upgrade thought...

ps, this game is really challenging, atm
Last edited by AlphaMetric on Feb 20, 2013, 2:54:58 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
just incase anyone didnt see this, absolutely amazing mod, got my friend to try it tonight we played over tpc, was a lot of fun...
double post oops
Last edited by AlphaMetric on Feb 20, 2013, 2:21:07 AM
is it for 1.13 ??
you can play it on 1.13 .... but it going on 1,10 i think... it had it own installer no need for d2se, i dont think there a version for d2se yet....
Last edited by AlphaMetric on Feb 20, 2013, 2:58:47 AM
I've been playing this alot. Not sure if anyone still did/does.

I've been playing solo due to no one that I could find.

I have hamachi, if anyone's still interested in this.
Delve Char: _DivineFlurry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info