[2.2] PoH / MoM / Aylardex / Mindspriral Hierophant Cold Snap Build

Copy paste from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1554476/page/5/#p13009192, but the original post is in the witch forum.

I'm a sucker for "unusual" builds (johnny type, keep your 300k DPS build for yourself), and i want to make use of my only valuable item - a 6l pledge.

Imho the synergy is through the roof:
- Pledge gives mana for MoM
- Hierophant divine guidance helps a lot for mom (+100 mana, "10% damage taken from mana")
- Romira's Banquet generates power charges, cold snap uses them
- Aylardex gives more "damage takeen from mana" per power charge
- Hierophant conviction of power gives endurance charges on power charge generation for perma IC

A hard requirement to have enough DPS is to use concentrated effect on cold snap. With concentrated effect, i got like 8-10k cold snap damage. But sadly, the AoE is way to small to have a sufficient clearspeed. The fix for this was to use herald of ice! With all the AoE nodes (+Increased AoE), it dish out a good amount of damage on packs.
But, the implicit spell echo from PoH is a tiny bit annoying for cold snap, as it casts twice for every strangler. But on the other hand, it makes sure that hypotermia works good, as it will always gain the 30% more damage on the 2nd hit.

The build is surprisingly tanky with 5k HP and around 3k Mana. I play completely recklessly and never watch my surroundings, and i yet have to die since i switched to this build. I just alch lvl 8/9/10/11 maps and go (reroll on elemental reflect and temp chains ofc).
- ~1.8k unreserved mana
- 46% of damage taken from mana (30% mom, 10% Divine Guidance, 6% from power charges)
- 16% of damage taken gained as mana

Gems:

Cold Snap:
- Cold pen
- concentrated effect
- iron will (or +4 empower)
- controlled destruction
- hypotermia
- (Spell echo, implicit)

Herald of Ice
- Increased AoE
- (2% life leech, implicit - or inc aoe)
- Edit: NOT Iron will, will not affect HoI :-(

Cast when damage taken lvl 20
- immortal call
- increased duration

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree, freeze:

Tree, dps:

Ascency class:
"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hierophant

Conviction of Power
10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you gain a Power Charge

-> The main reason I made this build, free endurance charges!

Illuminated Devotion
Skills from your Helmet Penetrate 20% Elemental Resistances
Skills from your Gloves have 20% increased Area of Effect
Skills from your Boots Leech 2% of Damage as Life

-> so many possibilities... ATM i have HoT in boots to replenish my HP between packs, but maybe i put them into the gloves.

Divine Guidance
+100 to maximum Mana
When hit, 10% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life

-> Perfect with PoH / MoM

Pros:
- Tanky
- Freezes most stuff, even most bosses

Cons:
- Clearspeed is still only okish
- Spell echo makes it a bit clunky
Last edited by siliconlife on Mar 17, 2016, 5:14:12 AM
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2016, 6:28:17 PM
I would love to see a small gameplay video to see the build in action :)
Did you considered rallying cry + threshold jewel + increased duration ? Or tested ?

Why you are using Hypothermia ?
Isn't Cold Snap designed around 1 shotting stuff ? I personally would remove Hypo and Conc Eff and add inc AoE and Faster Casting. At least i would check how your clearspeed is with that setup ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Did you considered rallying cry + threshold jewel + increased duration ? Or tested ?

Why you are using Hypothermia ?
Isn't Cold Snap designed around 1 shotting stuff ? I personally would remove Hypo and Conc Eff and add inc AoE and Faster Casting. At least i would check how your clearspeed is with that setup ;)

I considered Spirited Response http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spirited_Response, but its kinda hard to find a spot where i can allocate 50 int :-(

Hypothermia helps for herald of ice: "If you shatter an enemy, they explode and deal AoE cold damage to enemies near them". Shattering only happens if the target is frozen. It also helps to freeze bosses etc.

With inc-AoE and FasterCasting, Cold Snap loses a LOT of damage, especially damage-per-hit and single-target damage, and damage is already pretty low. Nonetheless, it would be awesome if I'd had a 6L chest, to have an AoE cold snap :-)

what about bandits? oak-kill-alira?
Last edited by Optimyst on Mar 19, 2016, 3:19:17 AM
Wont added cold be better than hypothermia with 120% damage effectiveness or is it just the tooltip that will increase
Hi, loving the synergy!

Couple things i'd like to see addressed:

1. Reflect. You'd probably have to get vaal pact, use life leech instead of iron will, and use purity of ice + sapphire flask in reflect maps.

2. Mobility. Your movement speed isn't great so you should at least get lightning warp in there.
I was thinking about this build. Now that we have elemental Overload on the tree, it definitely makes sense to get that and replace Controlled Destruction with Added Ice Damage or Faster Casting. Also for gloves I think getting Southbound makes sense here. Lightning Warp for Sure with this Character. I dont think this character was made for reflect maps, I dont see leech helping you here.
Also thinking about grabbing EB towards end game. 100% mana cost of skills reduction at full Es, so you wont do any damage to your Energy shield until you take damage until you are 'hit'. You have fair amount of evasion with this build, so would likely give you a noticeable increase in survivability if you intend to play this on HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info