[2.2 Uber down] Heavy Armour Mjolner V3.0, the Uber farmer

Old SS

What's good boys. This is a short guide on how to farm Uber Atziri as a life crit Mjolner in 2.2. You may remember me as the guy who wrote the original armour life crit mjolner guide for uber farming. You can find my guide here, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/edit-thread/1329067. It'll explain most things I don't explain in this guide since they are pretty much the same build with some tweaks for 2.2.

For those of you who are familiar with my Witch guide, the changes are:

-Dual curse
-More aura nodes

Despite the flask nerfs, Uber farming in 2.2 isn't actually much harder than in 2.0. With the scion tree, we can still reach 96/80/95 resists with 100% uptime, so the the only differences between 2.2 and 2.0 are:

-You have to dodge the empowered (yellow) storm calls in 2.2
-Be more careful with running RF since you tick down faster
-Swap in RotF for tanking dual striker in the trio, I don't know if it's possible without RotF, haven't tested yet

The split phase does get a bit more scary but it's nothing we can't manage with flasks. Once you get the gears and the strategy down the entire map becomes a numbers game.

You do need the following legacies:

-Legacy Mjolner

-Legacy surgeon's flasks

-Legacy Saffell's

Tree

Take witch start and elementalist notable

My gears

Spoiler

Links

Spoiler

Mjolner - R B B - Iron Will - Discharge - Arc
Chest - R R R G G G - Molten - Multistrike - Fortify - Faster Attack - GMP - Lightning Strike (0q)/LMP
Head - Enlighten - lv 21 Purity of Fire - lv 21 Purity of Lightning - Grace
Shield - R B G - CWDT - Blood Rage - Righteous Fire
Gloves - R R R B - CWDT - Inc Duration - Enfeeble - Immortal Call
Boots - R B B B - BM - Faster Casting - Flame Dash - Ele Weakness

Jewels
Spoiler

1 Conqueror's Potency
2 +2 mana gained on hit
Normally 1 is enough, but I use 2 for no regen maps

Uber Strategy
Spoiler
Same as before. If you want to read a more detailed version of the strat, refer to my old guide.

Before going into details, here are the flasks you should have

Trash
Flask Setup - Ruby - Jade - Quicksilver - Granite - Life
Curse trash kill trash. Pop jade and granite together to make sure you survive. Have a staunching flask ready for corrupting blood BL mobs.

Vaal
Flask Setup - Ruby - Topaz - Quicksilver - Atziri's - Life
Activate the bottom Vaal first, always. Pop RF, curse, and use Atziri's to burst one of them down as quickly as possible.

Use Ruby to counteract RF, and Topaz to tank lazer/ball lightning. Use trash to regenerate flask charges and use life flask to regen life. You can't tank the smash and that's why we don't have granite for this phase.

The only way to do this phase deathless is to kill the Vaals as quickly as possible.

Trio
Flask Setup - Ruby - Jade - Quicksilver - Granite - Life
Swap shield to RotF, swap back after trio.
Circle around the room CCW until you're right before the cycloner. RF, curse, and then jump on the cycloner to make sure he doesn't cyclone. Use ruby jade and granite flasks as soon as the fight starts.

Once the cycloner dies, kite the rest for a bit until you find an opening to curse ONLY the miscreation with ele weakness. Kill miscreation next and make sure your flasks are up. Then tank and kill the enraged dual striker. Make sure your flasks are up.

Don't be afraid to kite for a bit after killing the cycloner, use life/ruby to regen life and lightning strike to regen flasks/life.

Uber
Flask Setup - Ruby - Topaz - Quicksilver - Granite - Life/Atziri (I use Atziri)
Pop RF, as usual. Flasks through normal flameblast and storm call. Dodge double flameblast and empowered storm call (yellow one). Keep granite up as much as possible because 2 spears without granite will kill you.

Split phase may look scary but you actually can't die with your flasks up. Your hp does drop quite a bit compared to pre 2.2 tho.

Collect loot & repeat

My first Uber run in 2.2
Spoiler

3 deaths, 1 in each boss phase and totally avoidable.

The kill

Defensive Stats (Lightning 95%)

2.2 Gems as proof

Enjoy
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
Last edited by sgw9426 on Mar 16, 2016, 1:43:17 AM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2016, 5:13:25 AM
Nice to see this build is updated to 2.2, i enjoyed playing it before. Fortunately i still got all my gear for it, but unfortunately i already respecced my scion.

I do have a full respec left for my level 92 marauder, what would you recommend for that?
-use the skillpoints from scion part of tree to get the influence cluster? So u still have the aura effect, but miss out quit a bit of AS.
-use juggernaut with undeniable and unyielding? and third one maybe unflinching or unstoppable?
-or use berserker?
-or is marauder just not really viable anymore and i should just spend A LOT of regrets on scion?

My goal is to be able to do uber atziri. In 2.1 i got close, tried a few times but lost too many portals on threesome, only had one left for atziri herself.
Thanks! I think any of the ascendancy for marauder can work. My personal favorite is Chieftain which gives decent damage and basically frees up a lot of gear requirements.

Unfortunately I don't think marauder or templar or witch can work for uber without +1 max res corrupt since 96/80/95 resists is instrumental for surviving the split phase (IMO).
Thanks for answering. I might have to save up some regrets then :D

About those resists, we get:
+5 max from legacy saffells
+5 max from level 23 purities, and another +2 from aura effect (40%)
So does that mean you get +8 from flasks? Do you have to use Conquerors Potency jewel for that?

So that combined is +20 max resist for fire and lightning, and you take the +1 from tree.

If this is correct, then it is possible to get the same resists with marauder by taking the influence cluster (20% aura effect) right?

But in this case i would still miss the 4% less elemental damage taken from elementalist, so maybe still not enough mitigation.
i wanted to check out ur old guide, but when i click it says:

Permission Denied

You don't have permission to access this area.
I'd have to do more testing with uber as I now suspect most of the damage I took from split phase was actually from reflected arc, will test with ball lightning soon. But if that's true we can drop max res even more

Fixed permission problem with viewing old thread.
Last edited by sgw9426 on Mar 15, 2016, 12:01:45 PM
Cool, i hope you are right and that there will be a Uber viable marauder version of this build.

Looking forward to your results :D
"
sgw9426 wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think marauder or templar or witch can work for uber without +1 max res corrupt since 96/80/95 resists is instrumental for surviving the split phase (IMO).

Why? Imo all lets say "north-western" classes + Scion has acces to exactly the same dmg mitigation options.

Key components here are exactly the same:

+ Push puritys to give +7 max (lvl 21 puritys pushed to lvl 23 + 40% aura effectiveness)
+ Push flasks to give +8 max (30% flask eff cluster + Conquerors Potency)
+ Legacy Saffels frame for +5 max
+ Barbarism keystone for additional +1 max fire

For a total of +21% / +20% max fire / light resitances giving 96% / 95%.

20% dmg reduction from Fortify underneath.

This Ascendancy 4% / 5% or even 8% (if you took Pathfinder + Elementalist Scion Ascendancy) reduced elemental dmg taken doesnt add much.

It seems that to survive uber you need total of 97% elemental dmg reduced with at least 5k ehp pool (or less dmg reduction with bigger ehp pool). To calculate total dmg reduced:

total ele dmg reduction = 1 - (1- (%resistance / 100)) * (1 - (%fortify / 100)) * (1 - (%ele_reduced / 100))

For example your current build vs fire dmg has:

1 - (1 - (96 / 100)) * (1 - (20 / 100)) * (1 - (4 / 100)) = 1 - 0.03072 = 0.96928 or 96.9% fire dmg reduced.

With EHP pool of like 4.9k.

Lets assume uber Atziri is doing 120k fire dmg. You'll take: 120000 * 0.03072 = 3686.4 dmg.

4.9k ehp - 3.7k dmg = 1.2k ehp left. Result: You will survive ;)

Now lets skip that Ascendancy 4% additional ele dmg reduction, total fire dmg reduction will be:

1 - (1 - (96 / 100)) * (1 - (20 / 100)) = 1 - 0.032 = 0.968 or 96.8% fire dmg reduced.

Lets assume uber Atziri is doing 120k fire dmg. You'll take: 120000 * 0.032 = 3840 dmg.

4.9k ehp - 3.8k dmg = 1.1k ehp left. Result: You will survive ;)

As you can see Ascendancy 4% / 5% or even 8% (if you took Pathfinder + Elementalist Scion Ascendancy) reduced elemental dmg taken doesnt add much. Ist like 150 less dmg taken per every 4% additional ele dmg reduction.

So having that out of our sight you can achieve similiar dmg mitigation with Witch, Marauder, Templar and Scion as long as you took that key components listed above.

The most important factor is to push max resitances as high as possible.

To make a better picture of that lets take Duelist and Champion. 20% increased effect of Fortify looks good right? 24% damage reduction vs 20% right? Lets calculate this with just max resistance being 1% lower than before. Total ele dmg reduction will be:

1 - (1 - (95 / 100)) * (1 - (24 / 100)) = 1 - 0.038 = 0.962 or 96.2%

Lets assume uber Atziri is doing 120k fire dmg. You'll take: 120000 * 0.038 = 4560 dmg.

4.9k ehp - 4.6k dmg = 0.3k ehp left. Result: You will have heart attack ;)

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Apr 2, 2016, 7:44:33 AM
just wondering what the hell the point is of farming uber in standard? youre in standard...... standard. with legacy items. GJ bud
"
Ruggsi wrote:
just wondering what the hell the point is of farming uber in standard? youre in standard...... standard. with legacy items. GJ bud

Nice flame attempt
try harder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info