[Sound/Audio] Lava traps in Labirynth and Trials have massive performance hit prob because of audio.

I have serious struttering and framerate drops when im approaching and standing on and near this lava pits. I laos noticed that sound there is extremelly glithy and distorted and too loud. It looks that there is too much sounds overlapping there or something like this.

There was similar issues some time ago with ground effects.

I noticed some threads on reddit about performance issues in areas with fire pits so i assume its not only me having these.

I resommend that audio team look on this issue (and many others because most of PoE performance issues is due to sound design and crappy sound engine - people thinks that particles chokes their rigs while its most of the times too many sound loaded and played simultaneously. Tbh im really amazed that it was not adressed for so many years).
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 5:33:35 PM
I have done some testing and now im sure crappy performance with fire traps and pits is 100% spound and audio issue. Usig spoftware audio (-swa) and disabling reverb in game options makes things much smoother but framerate drops are still there.

Im upping this but at this point i lost any hope that sound issues in this game will be fixed. Sound engine is totally ancient and sound GGG enginners donts know what they are doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info