Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

sound loss and fps lag

Hello!

A few times since the Ascendancy release I've had some problems with the sound every now and then

so what happend is that all the sound from poe dissappears and the fps drops by alot, this happens randomly. Sometimes I get the sound back after a while, and sometimes I just restart the game (and this fixes it) changing zone, logging out, tabbing in and out doesn't work.
This only affect poe, the sound from other programs still work as normal

I don't think it's local, because when I get it, everyone else in my party get it. However they don't get it when i'm not around.

Possible things that can make the sound glitch is Leap slam or Earthquake, as I use those skills.

Anyone else had this happening to them? Is there a fix? something to avoid not to have it happend?

Edit: Might be because of "word of force" and "edict of force" enchantments
Last edited by Frajmando on Mar 7, 2016, 4:35:52 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 8:53:42 PM
Okay it looks like I'm not the only one then. The exact same thing started happening to me today. Everything worked fine yesterday but now I will play for about 30 minutes and the sound stops but only for POE like you said. I have to reboot POE for it to work as well. I am not sure how to fix it right now but hopefully there is something.
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452
happens to me too ... started today after i ascended for the second time .. and got a new glove enchant

using leap slam and earthquake too...

dont know whats wrong but game becomes unplayable in terms of fps lag

it fixes if i restart game but after 5 mins in maps happens again
seems that the problem was caused by leap slam ,

i stopped using it but that not the solution , plz look into it

thnx
same here :( fps goes down to 2 for randomly spikes of 1 second long :((

Already died once to it.this sux big time
"
rqmved wrote:
happens to me too ... started today after i ascended for the second time .. and got a new glove enchant

I think i have figured it out. I also just got an enchant on my gloves and then I started to have this issue. I am also using leap slam but I don't think that by itself is the problem since I have been using that skill all yesterday.

The enchant I got was word of force. Is that what you all have as well?

I tested to see if this was the problem and I am pretty convinced that it is. When I play with the word of force enchant and I leap slam into a large group that is when my sound cuts off. When I play with no enchant I have had no such problems.

I can test other enchants but I will have to go back to the lab for that to do more testing :P

As for now try playing without enchants and see if it works better for you as well.
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452
"
"
rqmved wrote:

I think i have figured it out. I also just got an enchant on my gloves and then I started to have this issue. I am also using leap slam but I don't think that by itself is the problem since I have been using that skill all yesterday.

The enchant I got was word of force. Is that what you all have as well?

I tested to see if this was the problem and I am pretty convinced that it is. When I play with the word of force enchant and I leap slam into a large group that is when my sound cuts off. When I play with no enchant I have had no such problems.

I can test other enchants but I will have to go back to the lab for that to do more testing :P

As for now try playing without enchants and see if it works better for you as well.

I have "edict of force" enchantment, and you are correct, it started happening after I made that enchant, I didn't have this problem the first day.. How to remove enchantments?
yes, me too. word of force on hit
So decree of force with leap slam bugged sound
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Last edited by v1br0 on Mar 7, 2016, 7:15:46 AM
Can confirm, i too get this problem and have word of force.

on the other hand i dont use leapslam.

Skills i use are: firestorm, orb of lighting, flame dash, and flamability curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info