Poe on Mac

Dear Support,

I would love to know if there is one genius in your company which could do a writeup of how to run POE on a mac. i realise this is not something you support however maybe through WINE it would be possible. or even PlayOnMac???

At the moment i am testing PlayOnMac and am in the process of installing the game via WINE. I will keep you posted. If i should by the chance of a miracle get it to work i will post a video on it and place it on reddit so the masses can benefit from this.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Mar 4, 2016, 5:34:11 PM
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2017, 3:22:07 PM
Hey there! While there's no official support for Path of Exile on Mac, there are a few options you can try.

Most Macs come with the ability to use the Bootcamp program that partition their hard drive and install Windows, which would enable you to install and play Path of Exile.

Otherwise, several users have had success playing Path of Exile on OSX by using one of the following guides:

[Official] WINE info thread

[Mac OS X] Unofficial Path of Exile port v7 (10/10/2015)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Hello,

are there any plans for the future to publish an official version for mac?

Best regards
"
Elariv wrote:
Hello,

are there any plans for the future to publish an official version for mac?

Best regards

Not really, they have said they were looking into it way back in early 2013, Chris likes the idea but has said the cost would be prohibitive(tens of thousands per year plus a large cost to convert it into something mac can use) and not enough support for it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 3, 2017, 2:27:52 PM
So still a no on ever getting a mac client because of the fact that the devs are lazy is what im picking up, id like to see any of them try to run this game through wine and it be playable.

Shouldnt be up to the games community to port it to a different OS
"
So still a no on ever getting a mac client because of the fact that the devs are lazy

Things the devs have done so far this year;
  • Released the game in China. This required significant changes as gore is frowned upon by the communist party, and anything they don't like is not (legally) distributed in China.
  • Released the Xbox One port. This required a lot of optimisation work, resdesigned user interfaces, input-related modifications, and so on.
  • Released an expansion which increased the number of Acts from 4 to 10. This more than doubled the size of the storyline content previously available in Path of Exile.

Again, the above is just what they've done so far in 2017.

You picked a bad time to accuse them of laziness.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
You need Bootcamp (im running 2 account)

One on MacBook Pro and other on PC it work fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info