Can totems curse?

I'm trying to have either a Ranged Attack Totem or a Spell Totem to curse mobs, but no matter how I link them, it never curse.

Is it not working because the *totem* itself (alone) isn't doing the hit, so no curse can proc? Would that mean that if I want any totem to curse, it needs to be a Flame Totem or Siege Ballista?

Trying to understand why it won't curse...

---
Tried with Flame Totem + Curse on Hit + GMP + Assassin's Mark, and it didn't work. :( I don't get it...

---
Well, seems I found the answer myself:

Minions, Traps, Totems and Mines supported by this gem will not apply any curses even though the tooltip says they can and curses linked to this gem are disabled from being cast directly. This is still true even when using a spell or attack linked to the Trap, Spell Totem/Ranged Attack Totem or Remote Mine support gems.

...which means you (the player) has to be the one using directly Curse on Hit. Sigh... ok...
Last edited by DiGG on Mar 2, 2016, 10:10:15 AM
They can curse if you have an item that makes all your hits curse (like Asenath's Gentle touch gloves or gloves with a corrupted implicit applying curses on hit). Spell totems can curse but only directly (like you make a curse totem, not a curse on hit totem).
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
A Curse totem? Never heard of that before...?
Just like an aura totem. Spell totem linked to a curse or aura gives you a totem that casts that curse or aura.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Just like an aura totem. Spell totem linked to a curse or aura gives you a totem that casts that curse or aura.

OK! But the range would be abysmal, no? Right now I'm back to use Blasphemy, as I use Point Blank anyway... it's just that my mana pool is pretty dried up, with Hatred being up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info