Chieftan question. Tukohama, War's Herald

Does anyone from GGG was gining an answer about War's Herald skill point?

"Totems deal 8% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit."

I would like to know if this dmg may be increased by increased totem damage points? I know it wll not be increased by fire dmg already.

Is there any way to increase damage of it excluding increasing totem life? How about fire pen from gem or points?

Anyone know is it possible to increase it dmg?
If it's not affected by Fire Damage, then it's not increased by Totem Damage either. It's all just Damage modifiers with different conditions.
I'd hazard a guess Penetration won't apply? Can't say for sure, but if Damage doesn't have any effect...

Modifiers to Damage Taken (Moon's Presence in the same line of passives) should affect it, as well as of course Totem Life.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 29, 2016, 7:09:46 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
but if Damage doesn't have any effect...

Then it's most likely some sort of reflect, which would make it impossible to scale in any way besides increasing totem life (or debuffing the receiving side). That, or the origin of damage is something other than totem, which would be almost the same from our point of view.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 29, 2016, 7:27:37 PM
It's probably Reflect, yeah. Good call.
Reflect is modified by Damage Taken (and it being Fire Damage, Resists), so I guess that's the way to go then? Wonder how decent it could be.
If it is reflect, it would trigger EE right?
Guess we'll see, probably more of a nice extra than something to build around. It would have a lot in common with RF totems as those also do damage based on totem life but I can see the requirement of enemies hitting the totem as either extremely good or absolutely terrible.

The same as reactive builds, they need Scold's to be reliable.

"
BugsyLLJK wrote:
If it is reflect, it would trigger EE right?

No, for a bunch of reasons
- reflect doesn't hit
- even if it was, it doesn't carry additional effects
- even if it did, the monster that attacked the totem would be the origin of the hit and it doesn't have EE
- if tukohama is external damage and not reflect then the origin wouldn't have EE either
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 29, 2016, 7:38:33 PM
Do you think Nagmahu flame's advance

will count for that reflect dmg? I mean 15% ignite chance and 35% incr dmg vs burning enemies?
No dice, I'm afraid. Increased Damage was already mentioned, and Ignite is an on-Hit modifier:
"No, for a bunch of reasons
- reflect doesn't hit [..]" - Raics, 2016.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info