Ascendency - Maximum Aura Support Damage Boost

Trying to decide which class I'm wanting to play in Ascendancy, and my main concern is how to maximize the damage boost of my Auras. Right now I'm running a Victario's Influence + Dying Breath build with CI. Here is the breakdown for each class.

Duelist

30% Increased damage
5% Increased Aura Effect = +110.5 Avg Dmg to Anger, +1.8% to Hatred, +132 Avg Dmg + 1.05% to Wrath, +0.8% cast, +0.8% attack, and +0.45% move speed to Haste.

Templar

10% Increased Aura Effect = +221 Avg Dmg to Anger, +3.6% to Hatred, +254 Avg Dmg + 2.1% to Wrath, 1.6% cast, +1.6% attack, and +0.9% move speed to Haste.

Witch

Assuming this stacks, so each Aura will add 6% Increased Damage and 2% Increased attack and cast speed. I can probably get away with 6~7 auras (using a lvl 1 clarity simply as a damage boost) Making this worth 30~36% Increased Damage and 12~14% Increased cast/attack speed.

Scion

15% Increased Damage, 12% Increased cast/attack speed

Its looking like the witch will maximize aura damage, even though most of the other passives will be next to useless for my build. None of the other classes seem to even come close to her for an offensive-oriented aura support, unless there is something that I'm missing. If I decide to go back to my old blood magic aura support, the numbers scale even more ridiculously, since you can literally run every aura as BM, but you can comfortably run about 12 without extreme gearing, making that into a 72% increased damage + 24% cast/attack speed boost.
The answer is obviously guardian, everyone has a shitload %increased damage as it is you are better off giving defensive buffs to your allies (es, regen, damage reduction).

Not to mention other possible buffs (conduit or 15% attack/cast/move speed if you use warcries)
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 29, 2016, 3:34:52 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
The answer is obviously guardian, everyone has a shitload %increased damage as it is you are better off giving defensive buffs to your allies (es, regen, damage reduction).

Yes, I know guardian is superior for a defensive approach, I was simply seeing which one could maximize damage.
I think Champion offers the best offensive support, taking Inspirational and Worthy Foe. His auras are still decent (increased aura effect, extra aura granting 35% increased damage and 10% increased move speed) but it's his war cries that really push him over the edge. Anything that gets hit by his war cries gets Worthy Foe'd and takes 20% increased damage. That's like a 20% more damage multiplier for the entire group and you can trigger it with Rallying Cry which gives increased damage and scaling increased damage buffs to all your friends.
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info