[2.5] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Scion! HC Viable!

"
Gell wrote:
I see. Those jewels could be godly, yes. Guess it all comes down to personal preference and playstyle.

Definitely. The beauty of POE :)

Occultist looks pretty sweet. Can't wait for Friday!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
So after reading a lot of stuff and going over some things I'm picking scion PA. Deadeye/Occultist.

Now my question is what the hell is a prop jewel? Chances are I know what it is but I've never heard it referred to as "PROP JEWEL" I've googled and looked everywhere.
"
LoveTractor wrote:
So after reading a lot of stuff and going over some things I'm picking scion PA. Deadeye/Occultist.

Now my question is what the hell is a prop jewel? Chances are I know what it is but I've never heard it referred to as "PROP JEWEL" I've googled and looked everywhere.

prop is short for property or properties! If the jewel has 3 affixes its a 3 prop, 4 affixes is 4 prop.

3 prop jewels are usually jewels crafted with via transmute, augments, alts and finally a regal.

4 prop jewels are crafted the same as 3 prop but an exalt is used after the regal. You can chaos a 4 prop, but it likely won't be 4 good rolls as there are so many possibilities.

I am sure you knew the crafting part, but just in case!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Quick question - if you get the 50% pierce from ascendancy and another 50%-ish from quiver and passives, isn't chain on frenzy wasted, since it will never chain and always pierce? (Not a bad thing, it frees up space for another support instead, just asking if it's on purpose.)
"
Gell wrote:
Quick question - if you get the 50% pierce from ascendancy and another 50%-ish from quiver and passives, isn't chain on frenzy wasted, since it will never chain and always pierce? (Not a bad thing, it frees up space for another support instead, just asking if it's on purpose.)

True! I'll have to fix that. It does open up another slot!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Im following this build very closely grocery, I am so hyped for Friday 3pm my time to get rolling on perandus league with this build.

Wish I understood more about ascendancys and how you get points and such but sure ill pick that up quick.

Sad you did not respond to my PM about crafting +3 bow, the feels are real :(
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Im following this build very closely grocery, I am so hyped for Friday 3pm my time to get rolling on perandus league with this build.

Wish I understood more about ascendancys and how you get points and such but sure ill pick that up quick.

I crafted my bow using a reddit thread guide. Quick google should find it. I don't remember the exact process.

Ascendancy points are gained through the labyrinth!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I've been another follower of these threads and been planning on starting a CA character on day 1.
Going for a slightly different tree because I'm a flask addict, but most of it should be pretty similar. It's nice to know that better players than me think along the same lines. :P

One question though. I see that in most of your CA builds you decide to skip on essence drain. Do you think that it's better this league when you're able to get that 100% pierce without much investment?
It makes essence drain usable on packs in a pinch, but the bigger thing is that you can fit the CoH setup in a 4L and still get good coverage.
Putting essence drain in the chest with all its crazy multipliers would be much easier then.
Last edited by OsOscarius on Mar 3, 2016, 3:29:21 AM
"
Grocery wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

I crafted my bow using a reddit thread guide. Quick google should find it. I don't remember the exact process.

Ascendancy points are gained through the labyrinth!

Well thanks, there are 3-4 different "methods" and the one I want for ENDGAME is probably the most expensive but that's fine. Obviously won't be the first few weeks but we will see.

Ty for the build guide thusfar. I am thinking of doing deadeye/trickster but we will see!
Man Grocery you're awesome... Big THX for that Build Idea... thought my LvL97 Scion would be useless after Patch...
Searched/theorycrafted the past days...

But this i will be doing...

Good thing is that i already have 6L +3 Bow and LvL4 Empower and CA LvL21...

so i changed the Build a little bit cause ill play SC with it...

Going Raider/Deadeye

And i took Phase Acro and im wearing Atziri Step Boots plus Vaal Grace i have max spellblock

wouldnt this be enough for doin ueber Atziri?

best regards Callmax

EDIT:
Im currently playing a lvl88 Lvl28 Ca Ranger in Talismanleague, i could only test normal Atziri Runs right now cause i dont have any Mortals... did 7 atziri runs in a row all deathless....
CA Tooltip is about 32k Chaosdmg...

after transfer to std. ill be using this gear with my lvl97 Scion...
that would give me even more DMG than now...
just that you get some numbers in order to "maybe" tell if this will be enough to kill ueber
Last edited by callmax on Mar 3, 2016, 8:30:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info