[2.2]UPDATED Dela's Self Cast Flask Sparker level 100 [TaliSC] ALL Content viable

Welcome to Dela's SC (but HC viable) self cast non-crit spark build!

***UPDATE***
Due to the nerf on Vinktars flask, I am unsure as to how the build will function. I will be testing the new flask once the patch goes live and I will create a special section for a legacy flask variant, if one exists.

With that being said, self-cast non-crit spark got a tremendous buff in 2.2!!

-New Elemental Noteable "ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD" - Absolutely INSANE!! Quite possibly the best node available in the tree for this build.

-Pierce Gem now has a MORE multiplier!! - I will be posting a build pros/cons w/ the pierce gem

-Scion Ascendant offers tons flexibility!! DEADEYE is a "Must Have" - for this build it is better than the Ranger Deadeye Ascendancy!

-New flasks - Tons of new options! The Basalt flask phys reduction (Cheaper Taste of Hate!), The Silver flask for Onslaught (Replaces Quicksilver and Innervate support gem in the old build), The Quartz flask provides phasing/dodge/spell dodge!!

*Note I will still be trying to maximize the Vessel of Vinktar in the builds below. With the coming changes, it might be best to adjust or even try a different build completely. One positive is that VoV should be cheaper in the new leagues*

NEW LEAGUE VARIANT
Spoiler

With the changes to the VoV, getting Vaal Pact in the tree is a must. This now renders regeneration pointless, and could be an issue, especially with blood rage. The mana regen from VoV is no longer instant, so some more mana nodes may be required. I believe the MoM variant will be much more difficult to sustain, so for now I will not post it. (More testing to come and I will update the guide accordingly)
Skill Tree
Spoiler

CORE of the build

NOTE you can add jewel nodes as possible for more damage/life
Also note that you can remove the duration nodes and spec into the "Heart of Thunder" cluster near the Witch for damage until you have good jewels

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQBeAO4D7gQHCC4IZw5cFSAYPBhWGY4c3B2-HwIi4iP2JJ0o-ipNLOkwcTB8M4c1kjbFN9Q6QjpYOuE-zz8nQYdEDUV-RZ1H4krIS3hMs02STeNRR1NSVIJVxlZIWW1aUl-YYlpq-m6qe8N9dYLHg9uGs419jb-PGpM6muCjiqPvpDmmV6cIqJq18rc-uJO7470nvebEosjwzzLQH9N-1CPYJNi93ajr7u0_7YPuDu967-vyRfaj-ej-Cv6P_ro=

Level 100 w/ Pierce + Vaal Pact nodes in the tree: (No pierce Gem and have a non legacy Vinktars)
*If you do not have Vinktars, remove vaal pact and the travel nodes to it and the scion starting spell damage jewel. There are also +2 point points available due to the Scion Ascendancy to pick up the pierce node and the 5% life node by witch*

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQBeAO4D7gQHBbUILgzyDlwVIBg8GFYZihmOGo0c3B2-HwIi4iP2JJ0o-io4Kk0qWyzpMHEwfDOHNZI2xTfUOkI64TwtPs8_J0GHRA1FfkWdR-JKyEt4TLNNkk3jUUdS7FNSVIJVxlZIWW1aUlsmX5hiWmKsavpsCGyMbqpvO3gNe8N9dX_7gl6Cx4Nfg8yD24TFhrONfY2_jxqXBprgm12btZ2qo4qj76Q5pcumV6cIqJq0xbXytz64k7vjvSe95sAawuzDOsSiyPDPMtAf037UI9gk2L3b592o6-7tP-2D7g7veu_r8YryRfKX9qP56P4K_o_-ug==

I do you run the pierce gem, simply move the pierce passive points to grab another jewel slot

ASCENDANT Choices:
Spoiler
Requirement DEADEYE - Every single stat is just perfect for the build. A must have.
The Berserker makes the best second choice to compliment Deadeye. With the changes to VoV 100% uptime on the flask will be more difficult to maintain and the permanent leech The Berzerker provides will definitely be needed.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Same as before. OAK/KILL ALL/FRENZY

LINKS:
Spoiler
The Link setup also remains the same except instead of Innervate use Elemental Focus.
6Link: Spark, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Pen, Faster Casting, Faster Projectiles, Elemental Focus

Orb of Storms will certainly make an appearance. For now I believe the links to be OoS, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Pen, Critical Strike chance (to proc ele overload, otherwise Elemental Focus)
the 5th and 6th links would optimally be Elemental Focus and Increased Aoe/Conc effect if you can get the proper colors in your chest slot.

I have not tested the new Pierce gem and it may be better than Faster Projectiles in every case. For now, I think the faster speed of the projectiles will outweigh the addition of the more damage multiplier to the pierce gem as far as clear speed goes. Feel free to try the Pierce Gem variant.

GEAR
Spoiler
Gear remains the same as before and is still quite flexible.
I think this league I will be trying out Hyrri's Ire (to save $$ in place of a Lightning Coil)and I plan on trying to maximize dodge/spell dodge (Using the NEW quartz flask and Atziri's Step or darkray vectors)
With this setup we achieve 63% dodge and 69% spell dodge (Atziri's step) or Capped dodge (75%) and 53% spell dodge with Darkray vektors.

New flask setup will be:
Instant life flask w/ bleed removal *Required*
Vessel of Vinktar (Lightning Pen version ideally) *Required*
NEW Silver Flask w/ movement speed
Any combination of Atziri's Promise/Taste of Hate/NEW Basalt/NEW Quartz/NEW Sulphur

NEW Pierce Gem VS Faster Projectiles

Piece Gem saves points in the tree
Piece Gem adds ~25% MORE damage
BOTH have low mana requirements
Faster Projectiles has a better Quality bonus
I believe even though Piece Gem will provide a higher tooltip in regards to damage, Faster Projectiles will provide faster clear times. There is no other easy way to obtain projectile speed except via the support gem.
Luckily the gems share the same color so EZ testing!! More feedback to come!

LEGACY VARIANT
Spoiler

Below is a DPS version which maximizes jewel slots. For a MoM version, simply remove one of the 4pt jewel slots and pick up mana nodes and the MoM keystone. It also is built around having the pierce jewel and a pierce talisman. Without those, simply remove a 4 pt jewel socket and get the pierce nodes in the tree or instead use the pierce gem in place of faster projectiles.

Level 100 Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pe31ptd21momi2oe8NaUr6ASshuqj8ntfIqTV-YNZJ4DUfio-8A7llt_o_YvcAaIuJUgizpzzJN4_4KbzukORUghrOmV7c-8kX2ozrhQYeDzO96-eg8LUQN7g7Tfmh0gseDX8jwo4oAXiSdfXXaYij6Hb4j9hmOYlr-uhhWuJMzh02SjX3tg7vjHNwD7jB8CC7EouvujxpRR6cImuA-zzfUjb_YJEWdvebtPwW11CM2xVZIU1LC7BqNMHEfArTFWybdqAQHDPJirNvnf_tLeEyzg9uly2yMbAg6QtAfRX5Vxp2q8Yrv6w5cOlhq-o9GUfvNFh8Yi6p7bpchwXyHBwDBhFPv_RBi

ASCENDANT Choices:
Spoiler
Requirement DEADEYE - Every single stat is just perfect for the build. A must have.
For now, I think the Berserker makes the best second choice. I prefer the extra damage and leech. The Elementalist makes a nice defensive option and once lightning golem is released this may be the better match for the build.

GEAR remains the same as before.
BANDITS remain the same as before.

The Link setup also remains the same, but instead of Innervate use Elemental Focus
6Link: Spark, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Pen, Faster Casting, Faster Projectiles, Elemental Focus

Orb of Storms will certainly make an appearance. For now I believe the links to be OoS, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Pen, Critical Strike chance (to proc ele overload, otherwise Elemental Focus)
the 5th and 6th links would optimally be Elemental Focus and Increased Aoe/Conc effect if you can get the proper colors in your chest slot.

I have not tested the new Pierce gem and it may be better than Faster Projectiles in every case. For now, I think the faster speed of the projectiles will outweigh the addition of the more damage multiplier to the pierce gem as far as clear speed goes.

New flask setup will be:
Instant life flask w/ bleed removal *Required*
Legacy Vessel of Vinktar (Lightning Pen version ideally) *Required*
NEW Silver Flask w/ movement speed
Any combination of Atziri's Promise/Taste of Hate/NEW Basalt/NEW Quartz/NEW Sulphur

***END UPDATE SECTION***

UBER DOWN!!!

After having the most success I've had in a challenge league BY FAR I decided to share my experience so that others can have the joy I have had this league.

Idea behind the build:
Stack max duration for flasks via the passive tree and

so that you can keep

up 100% of the time. With the Vessel of Vinktar, the pierce from the passive tree/talisman, and pledge of hands, we effectively get a 10 link spell! WOW!

Vessel of Vinktar enables us to not worry about mana regen (and MoM), skip vaal pact (letting us keep life regeneration in the tree), and skip running life leech as one of the required links, as well as the 14% lightning damage penetration. Truly this item is the core of the build.

The rest of the build is dedicated to survival:

So that we never worry about shock from mobs, maps, or vinktar (I never realized how much shock contributed to my deaths before now)

Physical reduction from lightning coil and taste of hate with 40% dodge

Elemental reduction from 75% fire, 88% cold, 88% lightning resists along with 30% spell dodge

Mind over matter for an additional 30% reduction

Pros:
Extremely fast clears, 120%+ movespeed, 6+ frenzy charges! - 2:00 or less Gorges, etc
Can do ALL map mods and all maps (cannot leech is worth skipping but not impossible, luckily its rare)
TANKY! 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge, lightning coil damage reduction, and permanent flask uptime of Vinktar, Taste of Hate, and quicksilver
Cons:
Constant flask usage and prep (I find this interesting and engaging and keeps me into the game)

Personal achievements this temporary league:
Leveling to 100, first time achievement
First full clear and deathless clear of Hall of Grandmasters
First full clear and deathless clear of Vinktar Square
First full clear and deathless clear of Atziri in a temp league
First full clear of UBER Atziri in a temp league (1 death, still working on deathless)
Top 3 rank in PVP
All map bosses, including the challenge of T1-T15 twinned (double boss)

Passive Tree

Bandits
Spoiler

Oak
Kill
Frenzy

Gear
Spoiler

Vessel of Vinktar (Any vesion will work, though I highly recommend the damage penetration)

Taste of Hate

Lightning Coil (Anything more than a 4l is a luxury)

Pledge of Hands (5l is my recommended minimum)

Fairgraves' Tricrone

Winds of Change

The Retch

A Talisman with the "Horned" implicit (Projectiles Pierce)

or

Rare rings with life and resists

Boots with movespeed, life, and resists

Jewels
Spoiler

A lot of the power of the build comes from the jewels. Most jewels can be found relatively cheap but you can always craft your own.
Required Quest Jewel:

Rare Jewels - Prioritize Life, spell damage with staves, lightning damage, projectile damage, and resists. Cast speed is an option too and will give you more tooltip dps, however I prefer the "Run N Gun" style of hitting hard and moving to the next pack

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Main Spell, in order of importance:
Spark (quality very important), controlled destruction, lightning penetration, faster projectiles (quality very important), added lightning damage, innervate/faster casting (quality important)

Wrath (enlighten is a luxury)

After those two, there is lots of room to customize your character. Need more damage? add herald of thunder. Need more tankiness? Leave that mana unreserved and have a bunch of CWDT setups

My current setup maximizing tankiness for my push to 100:

CWDT / blood rage / chaos golem / blind

CWDT / immortall call / increased duration / projectile weakness

CWDT / arctic breath / GMP / knockback

Vaal Haste / increased duration

Video
Spoiler
T12 Map w/ temp chains, Ele reflect, - max (appologize for vid quality, new to recording)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdRe34mPW4&feature=youtu.be
T12 Village Ruin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7b8PVinyAk&feature=youtu.be
T13 Wasteland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Pwy7QYA1o&feature=youtu.be
More to come! Also, if you have any tips for improving video quality while using OBS to record, please share. I'm having a tough time improving it though I believe my machine can handle it.
SPEED RUN Gorge ~2:00
http://youtu.be/QUsTNuh0in4

Q and A
Spoiler

Is a "Pierce" talisman required for this build?
No, but it makes the build SIGNIFICANTLY better.
Last edited by getinthevan on Mar 18, 2016, 1:57:10 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2016, 1:28:09 AM
You have a tonne or unreserved mana and don't seem to have HoT. Could you swap out the increased duration from your CWDT IC setup?

Awesome looking build :)
So the massive amount of unreserved mana (around 1400) is a "buffer" for the mind over matter keystone. In a way it's like an additional 1400 health. I have it set up this way for my push to level 100 as it is safer. There is lots of room to customize the build to your liking, especially herald of thunder. If you take a look at the gorge video that's posted I use herald of thunder there for the extra damage.

Thanks!
Last edited by getinthevan on Feb 23, 2016, 5:39:57 PM
Hey nice build, never thought selfcast Spark would be this efficient.

I have a couple questions for you.

- What's the tooltip dps and actual lightning damage on Spark?

- You're at around 65-75% pierce chance with the Talisman, would you notice a big difference in clearspeed without the amulet's pierce (55% from tree + jewel)?

- How is the clearspeed with Chain support gem on spark? I know it'll be weaker against bosses and such.

- Are the T15 map bosses possible without having the leech from Vinktar's flask?

- Is the damage still good without Vinktar's / Retch combo?
Last edited by PetitCaca on Feb 24, 2016, 12:33:17 PM
Hey there! Thanks! To answer your questions best I can:

Tooltip varies greatly depending on the setup. I will report actual numbers back to you.
EDIT Currently DPS setup, as seen in the Gorge Video:
Hideout: 29.3k dps with innervate, 40.6k with faster casting. 937-15388 lightning damage
Maps(frenzy/flask/auras/golem up): 76.7k dps with innervate, 87.2k with faster casting. 1736-24353 lightning damage

Remember the skill fires 7 projectiles and has 50% lightning penetration so the tooltip doesn't do the skill justice.

When I spec back to the tanky version I will report the numbers, but this should give you a good idea.

As far as pierce goes, you are correct in that it's 55% base, but the talisman provides 25%-35%. I definitely notice a difference even going from 25% talisman to 33%

I have not tried chain. With such a decent pierce chance (88%) chain would mostly be just lowering my damage. That being said, I did use fork while leveling to test and I really liked it with the base pierce 40 - 55%. I think there are other ways to make the build work, whether it is fork or chain or ? As of now though I think the best method is full pierce via tree/jewel/talisman

I would say T15 maps without vinktar would be tough. Impossible? No, but you need instant pots and portal trips to kill some of them. Cross Core Malachai off the list as he takes effort, even with Vinktars.

The damage is most certainly good without Vessel/Retch. I wouldn't recommend it though as that is what the build is based upon. These items bring insane defense/survivability in the life leech and mana leech along with a bit of damage. You will also have mana problems without Vinktar and would need to run Clairty. Faminebind is also an option in place of the retch. It should cheaper if you don't mind losing a bit of stats while gaining projectile damage. I realize Vessel isn't cheap anymore and has gone up in price but honestly it's worth it and then some. You can always slowly acquire the Agnerod staffs to make the Vessel Square map and then have someone run the boss for you. Feel free to ever message me if you need help on the map.
Last edited by getinthevan on Feb 24, 2016, 1:28:49 PM
Great build - I've experimented both with Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness (100% pierce), pierce gem (100% pierce) and fork (55% pierce) - they work great all of them. The two latter probably the safest. You can replace Innervate/faster casting or even faster projectiles in a pinch, to save switching colours.
Another man create similar build better than this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1566282
"
Another man create similar build better than this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1566282

A different build. I personally am not a fan of hybrid. I'm not even sure it's "better" as it has less defense and less damage ... but to each their own.

Lots of changes coming in Ascendacy. Things like the new elemental support gem Elemental focus , the new note able Elemental Overload, and the scion Ascendacy "Deadeye" seem great for this build and non crit in particular.
That flask needs to get nerfed sooo fucking hard.

Cool build idéa. But in the end, it´s the flask doing all the work.
zzZzzzZzzZz
Can't deny the flask is OP and the build is based around it. It's too good!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info