Act 2 and 3 alternate start races

First of all I like these. There are probably still some issues with the starting gear but the bigger issue is the length of the 2 races.

As they are now, docks farm is viable (maybe optimal) for both of them. That's boring.

Consider lengthening the act 3 race so that there is time for dried lake if you so choose, and shortening the act 2 race so that docks is the obvious endgame.

EDIT: having just done the act 3 race i remembered another "problem" - duelist has a single green socket on the starting etched greatsword. the woodsplitter that you want to immediately switch to is rrr. literally no other green sockets anywhere. seems wrong for the strength-dex class. either give the woodsplitter a green socket or (even better) put at least 1 green socket somewhere else (2 would be nice).
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 18, 2016, 7:44:53 PM
I like the boss kill ones a lot more. That might just be personal preference - i like races that reward progression over farming so that i'm always improving.

The Duelist socket situation is indeed extremely silly. IIRC the ranger has 2 GGR non-weapons, and the Duelist has 0. As Duelist, mule Ranger for Duelist-style starting gear? Wat?
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
GGG might also consider reevaluating the level tiers for reward points:
Number of people that reached max reward level in act 3 races: 13, 22, 22, 22, 14, 22
Number of people that reached max reward level in act 2 races: 54, 41, 42, 41.

(Participation in the first race: 4419 (a3) 2802 (a2); meaning that the above numbers are not due to different participation numbers.)
Yea both races really should be about an hour long letting you progress to act 4 in the act 3 alt start race and making docks the obvious farming spot in the act 2 alt start.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
I agree. Duration of both races need to be changed. I get that its still new but as of now they are just "farm docks" races.

The items that cant be traded are a pain as they eat up inventory space. At least make them deleteable.
"
D_bak wrote:
The items that cant be traded are a pain as they eat up inventory space. At least make them deleteable.

You can drop/delete them in town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info