Previous league monsters + special races aka Descent and Descent Champions.

Any responses to the thread for monster types I've forgotten I will add into the main post so that GGG can hopefully fix all of the issues.

Volatile: This monster type and\or roll is one that should not be possible to spawn in any of the races where you enter merciless difficulty under level 30. These races were intitially designed without leagues implemented, since there were no leagues at that point.

I'd argue that some bloodlines mods and volatile especially are far too punishing inside this format, specifically designed around fire and lightning damage, where it is possible to cap your resistances to those two but you can NOT cap your cold, and usually you only get one of the three to a sustainable point (like 40 fr, -10 lr, and -50 cr).

Encounter volatile of any type + main hand damage can be instant death for any melee character. I remember a developer somewhere saying that one of the main problems with D3 was tying so much stuff to the main hand damage modifier :D.

I'm not arguing for the removal of Volatile in the entire game, just inside special Void league races like Descent and Descent Champions. Volatile can probably still use a small tuning pass elsewhere in the game purely for a racing and low level perspective.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
I'm not arguing for the removal of Volatile in the entire game, just inside special Void league races like Descent and Descent Champions. Volatile can probably still use a small tuning pass elsewhere in the game purely for a racing and low level perspective.

Nod, like in Headhunter. Volatile single-handedly turns that race from incredibly fun, into annoying. I was excited about a 2 hour version, but only played one before remembering why i don't like the race, and skipped tonight's.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Volatiles spawning right from the beginning in Headhunter races is the only thing that makes that race annoying at times. If they did not spawn till a2 or a3 for example, this race would be a lot better. It doesn't help that for some reason you do not get the mods from volatile mobs in this race. Might be a bug, but not sure.
"
_MBR_ wrote:
Volatiles spawning right from the beginning in Headhunter races is the only thing that makes that race annoying at times. If they did not spawn till a2 or a3 for example, this race would be a lot better. It doesn't help that for some reason you do not get the mods from volatile mobs in this race. Might be a bug, but not sure.

From the wiki(but no annotation for dev confirmation):"The killed rare monster's mods, including Nemesis mods, are transferred to the player for a short duration. This does not work with 'on death' effects like Fractured, Inner Treasure, Soul Conduit, Volatile Flameblood, etc."

In the race I do not recall seeing any Inner Treasure so cannot comment there. I know I don't get the mods from the Volatile, but I do get the mods from Soul Conduit(twice), and cannot remember with certainty for the Fractured mod. Either way, for races the wiki is not completely correct. Having a dev conformation on this would be great, to be able to update the wiki and note if there are any differences between the race and belt interactions.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
_MBR_ wrote:

From the wiki(but no annotation for dev confirmation):"The killed rare monster's mods, including Nemesis mods, are transferred to the player for a short duration. This does not work with 'on death' effects like Fractured, Inner Treasure, Soul Conduit, Volatile Flameblood, etc."

In the race I do not recall seeing any Inner Treasure so cannot comment there. I know I don't get the mods from the Volatile, but I do get the mods from Soul Conduit(twice), and cannot remember with certainty for the Fractured mod. Either way, for races the wiki is not completely correct. Having a dev conformation on this would be great, to be able to update the wiki and note if there are any differences between the race and belt interactions.

What I am referring to are all of the other mods that rare monsters usually have. I would not expect the "volatile" mod to be transferred but I would expect any other mods on that rare (sub phys aura, extra life, extra damage, etc.) to be transferred.
"
_MBR_ wrote:
What I am referring to are all of the other mods that rare monsters usually have. I would not expect the "volatile" mod to be transferred but I would expect any other mods on that rare (sub phys aura, extra life, extra damage, etc.) to be transferred.

Understood.

My above post should have been more clear. The rare mods from Fractured and Soul Conduit show up in the 'buff bar' at the top of the screen, Volatile do not, and I don't have experience with Inner Treasure to say one way or the other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info